It is currently 21 Nov 2017, 01:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

How to study maths

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 15 Oct 2017
Posts: 13

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

How to study maths [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2017, 06:14
Hey everyone...

I have studied all the basic concepts of maths from official guide and now m solving its quantitative review 2nd edition....I am able to do simple question or lil moulded ones too......but when it comes to hard level I get stuck

I have to see solution Everytime to know how did they solved it....

Is there any way anyone knows that I should do so that I am able to solve harder questions or can understand their language easily....??

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 07 May 2017
Posts: 35

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 127

Location: Indonesia
GPA: 3.33
Re: How to study maths [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2017, 06:38
Hi. I also experience the same. Maybe I can share with you. You don't understand the language easily. This is just like me in the beginning. First thing first, read again the question. Try to write a "mathematical word" rather than English word. In your scratch paper, make three category for the question, fact / information given, questions itself (what we want to solve), and piece of information we have to get. Do this for all PS and DS. Especially DS, so you won't get caught in the trap. To learn more about this, try the word problems in Quant section. See how bunuel solve the hard question. I have seen others using gmat club test to get Q51. You may want to check it too.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
_________________

Confidence , Commitment, and Consistence

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 127

Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 15 Oct 2017
Posts: 13

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: How to study maths [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2017, 06:54
arifkunto wrote:
Hi. I also experience the same. Maybe I can share with you. You don't understand the language easily. This is just like me in the beginning. First thing first, read again the question. Try to write a "mathematical word" rather than English word. In your scratch paper, make three category for the question, fact / information given, questions itself (what we want to solve), and piece of information we have to get. Do this for all PS and DS. Especially DS, so you won't get caught in the trap. To learn more about this, try the word problems in Quant section. See how bunuel solve the hard question. I have seen others using gmat club test to get Q51. You may want to check it too.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Where I can find GMAT club test

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Sep 2015
Posts: 27

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

GMAT 1: 540 Q41 V23
CAT Tests
Re: How to study maths [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2017, 07:38
Hello, to enhance your maths skills.. the best way is to solve as many questions as you can. Even if you are seeing the solutions for hard questions, these questions are making to smarter.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 07 May 2017
Posts: 35

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 127

Location: Indonesia
GPA: 3.33
Re: How to study maths [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2017, 07:53
nikitadadhich wrote:
arifkunto wrote:
Hi. I also experience the same. Maybe I can share with you. You don't understand the language easily. This is just like me in the beginning. First thing first, read again the question. Try to write a "mathematical word" rather than English word. In your scratch paper, make three category for the question, fact / information given, questions itself (what we want to solve), and piece of information we have to get. Do this for all PS and DS. Especially DS, so you won't get caught in the trap. To learn more about this, try the word problems in Quant section. See how bunuel solve the hard question. I have seen others using gmat club test to get Q51. You may want to check it too.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Where I can find GMAT club test

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app


I don't know if we can check it using android apps. But if you use browser ( I use Firefox in my laptop) I think you can find it in tests section, in the header. Or you can search it in the home menu. Sorry I'm not with my laptop right now.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
_________________

Confidence , Commitment, and Consistence

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 127

BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
D
Joined: 26 Feb 2016
Posts: 1613

Kudos [?]: 685 [0], given: 17

Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
WE: Sales (Retail)
Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: How to study maths [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2017, 08:05
Hey nikitadadhich

First things first, the concepts in the official guide are not enough.
The best way to work on your concepts in the Quant Section with the GMATClub Quantitative megathread.

Once you have cleared your concepts, you should do specific topic wise practice with the questions!

Link for practice questions(7. PRACTICE QUESTIONS): https://gmatclub.com/forum/all-you-need ... 40445.html
You could invest in the GMATClub Tests. They are laced with the traps and will
definitely help you in improving your score. Make sure to write down your learnings
whenever you make mistakes!

Hope that helps you!
_________________

Stay hungry, Stay foolish

2017-2018 MBA Deadlines

Class of 2020: Rotman Thread | Schulich Thread
Class of 2019: Sauder Thread

Kudos [?]: 685 [0], given: 17

Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 15 Oct 2017
Posts: 13

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: How to study maths [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2017, 08:53
Sumitbramhe wrote:
Hello, to enhance your maths skills.. the best way is to solve as many questions as you can. Even if you are seeing the solutions for hard questions, these questions are making to smarter.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Thank you....![SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 15 Oct 2017
Posts: 13

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: How to study maths [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2017, 08:55
arifkunto wrote:
nikitadadhich wrote:
arifkunto wrote:
Hi. I also experience the same. Maybe I can share with you. You don't understand the language easily. This is just like me in the beginning. First thing first, read again the question. Try to write a "mathematical word" rather than English word. In your scratch paper, make three category for the question, fact / information given, questions itself (what we want to solve), and piece of information we have to get. Do this for all PS and DS. Especially DS, so you won't get caught in the trap. To learn more about this, try the word problems in Quant section. See how bunuel solve the hard question. I have seen others using gmat club test to get Q51. You may want to check it too.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Where I can find GMAT club test

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app


I don't know if we can check it using android apps. But if you use browser ( I use Firefox in my laptop) I think you can find it in tests section, in the header. Or you can search it in the home menu. Sorry I'm not with my laptop right now.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

I'll try checking it from my laptop...!!
Thank you...!! :-)

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 15 Oct 2017
Posts: 13

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: How to study maths [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2017, 08:56
pushpitkc wrote:
Hey nikitadadhich

First things first, the concepts in the official guide are not enough.
The best way to work on your concepts in the Quant Section with the GMATClub Quantitative megathread.

Once you have cleared your concepts, you should do specific topic wise practice with the questions!

Link for practice questions(7. PRACTICE QUESTIONS): https://gmatclub.com/forum/all-you-need ... 40445.html
You could invest in the GMATClub Tests. They are laced with the traps and will
definitely help you in improving your score. Make sure to write down your learnings
whenever you make mistakes!

Hope that helps you!

Thank you..!!! :-)

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: How to study maths   [#permalink] 23 Oct 2017, 08:56
Display posts from previous: Sort by

How to study maths

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.