GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Nov 2018, 05:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

Hult experience

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Hult experience   [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2018, 23:03
Dear all,

How good is Hult getting repeated call from the admission office, can some one give me an insight about the Global one year MBA.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Current Student
B
Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Hult experience   [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2018, 23:07
Following this topic. I want to know the same. They claim they take the best and it's impossible to get in, but doesn't look like that from their mails and calls. I've heard Hult is a very controversial school.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Re: Hult experience  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2018, 11:07
I'm a graduate from the 2011 MBA class in London and I'd advise caution when looking at Hult. You should be very clear about your goal. If you are simply looking for a credential (i.e. the ability to say you have an MBA) then Hult will provide that along with an amazing international experience and the opportunity to meet a wide range of interesting people from all around the world. If your goal is to gain mastery in a specific topic or have a challenging academic environment then Hult is not a good option.

The one year format means that the courses are condensed more like an "introduction to" than a master's level course. Also, Hult has aggressive growth goals so their recruiters are really salespeople bringing in as many candidates as possible instead of screening qualified candidates to find the perfect fit for the class.

Career services is another issue. In a traditional two year program students will spend the entire second year working with career services. In a one year program that time-frame is condensed to between 6 and 8 months for the most proactive students. Hult has changed their program to address this but I'm not sure how effective those changes have been and still hear complaints from current students. I personally had very little quality help from career services as a student and almost none as an Alumni. For the first several years after graduation my emails and phone calls to career services literally went unanswered and when I was able to set an appointment the counselor no-showed.

If you do choose Hult be aware that the tuition is negotiable. I has was pleased to have received a small "scholarship" of around $6K US. When I arrived on campus I found that I was on the lower end for scholarships and many of my classmates had received up to 50% or 60% of their tuition. This was especially true for those who signed up in the summer just before the academic year began. The scholarships were basically incentives because the sales team were behind on their quota.

The last point I'd make is about the student body. There are a lot of complaints on these blogs about the quality of students and how many of them should not have been accepted. I'll say that I was very impressed by around 10% of my class. These were very intelligent, hard working and driven students who would have been competitive candidates for a top tier school. Around 70% of the class are what I'd say were average performers (and I include myself in that category.) These were quality students who were intelligent, worked hard and were well suited to a high quality mid-tier university. Unfortunately around 20% of the class were the types of students complained about on these forums. They cheated, negotiated with professors to have their grades revised up after failing, paid other students to do their work and didn't contribute to group assignments. Since my graduation there has been ongoing messaging about how Hult is improving it's standards and I hope it's true.

Personally, I have very mixed feelings about my time at Hult. For me it was an incredible personal experience but had very little career or academic value, others in my class received more from the education but they had little to no business experience before attending. I often think I wasted an opportunity but at the same time have life experiences and friendships that I wouldn't give up. I hope that helps.
Current Student
B
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2018, 00:26
Hi Squirley,

That's an amazing insight. I believe your testimony will sincerely help each one of us to make a good call about Hult and if its the right fit for us. Thank you for being unbiased and providing an honest review for Hult.

I wish you success in your career.

Thanks,
Arijit
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Real Estate, Entrepreneurship
Hult experience  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2018, 14:18
Thank you for your insightful review of Hult, Squirley. I enjoyed reading about your experiences at Hult. I was recently offered admission into the Global Executive MBA program in addition to a pretty sizable scholarship (31% of the total program cost) but I ultimately had to turn it down. I was also accepted into a well known university here in Silicon Valley, the campus is about 15 minutes from my home, so I decided to take their offer instead.

It was a very tough decision for me because I was really intrigued by their program. I wasn't too turned off about the negative testimonials online because I feel that most of the posts were from international students that expected to get handed a job offer in the US after completing the program. I'd like to see HULT continue to grow into a reputable school...If I don't complete my program at SCU, I may revisit the program at HULT.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2018, 08:33
Rbn408 wrote:
Thank you for your insightful review of Hult, Squirley. I enjoyed reading about your experiences at Hult. I was recently offered admission into the Global Executive MBA program in addition to a pretty sizable scholarship (31% of the total program cost) but I ultimately had to turn it down. I was also accepted into a well known university here in Silicon Valley, the campus is about 15 minutes from my home, so I decided to take their offer instead.

It was a very tough decision for me because I was really intrigued by their program. I wasn't too turned off about the negative testimonials online because I feel that most of the posts were from international students that expected to get handed a job offer in the US after completing the program. I'd like to see HULT continue to grow into a reputable school...If I don't complete my program at SCU, I may revisit the program at HULT.

I've generally heard good things about the executive MBA. The student body tends to be of a higher level and the coursework is differently structured. That also goes for the MIB program which is basically the same as the MBA but less expensive.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Hult experience &nbs [#permalink] 23 Mar 2018, 08:33

Hult experience

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap