It is currently 19 Nov 2017, 05:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

I don't know who to ask for my 2ND Letter of Recommendation.

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 7

I don't know who to ask for my 2ND Letter of Recommendation. [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2017, 07:45
Hi all,

For my first LOC, I will be asking my current supervisor. However I don't have a previous manager I can ask, nor do I want to ask anyone else in my office (like upper management) because I haven't truly worked closely with them.

I also don't have any clients I could ask... can I get some help? I am stressing out.

Thanks,
Tony

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 7

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 11

WE: Engineering (Transportation)
Re: I don't know who to ask for my 2ND Letter of Recommendation. [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2017, 09:04
Hi,

If you have a previous organization, you could get from them.
Other LORs that are fine but not very strong are from your peers or your academic professors. It is, however, strongly recommended that you get one from any of the superior in present or past organization.

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 11

Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consultant
S

Kudos [?]: 332 [0], given: 2

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2017, 12:17
tonyjyoo wrote:
Hi all,

For my first LOC, I will be asking my current supervisor. However I don't have a previous manager I can ask, nor do I want to ask anyone else in my office (like upper management) because I haven't truly worked closely with them.

I also don't have any clients I could ask... can I get some help? I am stressing out.

Thanks,
Tony

That is indeed a bit tricky. What did you do before your current job? Where and when did you get your first degree? Basically, we would need to know a bit more about you in order to give you a recommendation.

If you want, you can send in your CV to ARINGO (please add a note about this dilemma as well so we know it’s you) here: https://aringo.com/mba-process-registration/ so you don’t have to share too many details here on a public forum. Otherwise, please tell us a bit more about your background here and we will try to help.

https://ARINGO.com/ – MBA Admissions Consulting

Specializing in candidates with GMATs under 720

Try our free Admissions Chances Calculator - https://aringo.com/mba-admission-chances-calculator/

All statistics verified by Ernst & Young

Kudos [?]: 332 [0], given: 2

Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 246 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 08 Oct 2017, 19:24
Another option if the above choices fail is if you were a part of an organization outside of work (volunteer, community, etc) then you can get a recommendation from leadership since they will have seen you in a professionally adjacent role. i sat on the alumni board for my college and used the chairman of the board as mine

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Kudos [?]: 246 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
B
Affiliations:

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V35
GMAT 2: 640 Q46 V31

Show Tags

New post 08 Oct 2017, 21:05
my friend used a person he used to volunteer with, just a person his age. i think that or someone like a mentor is a good idea so long as they know u well and can talk about a different aspect of u from ur other recommender.

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Expert Post
Experts' Global Representative
B

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2017, 00:51
tonyjyoo wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks,
Tony

Hello tonyjyoo,

While a previous manager would be the ideal person to recommend you, you may go ahead with someone who may have mentored you either professionally or during any of your extra-curricular activities. The latter may focus on the initiatives you took, the leadership potential you showcased and so on.

All the best!

Akanksha Baldawa
Experts' Global
Students from 20+ nationalities
Every 10th Indian in US top 50 is our student!
$ 2Mn+ Scholarship Each Year Since 2010!
GMAT Prep | GMAT Practice Tests
MBA Admissions Consulting | MBA Interview Preparation

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

Re: I don't know who to ask for my 2ND Letter of Recommendation.   [#permalink] 18 Oct 2017, 00:51

I don't know who to ask for my 2ND Letter of Recommendation.

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap