Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 07:22 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 07:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 135
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.48
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 3965 [0]
Given Kudos: 160
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V34
WE:Engineering (Transportation)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1022 [0]
Given Kudos: 134
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
Re: I need guidance as to how to proceed. [#permalink]
Alright then. I will proceed as planned. Thanks a lot for the help.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1022 [0]
Given Kudos: 134
Send PM
Still if you need more insights from experts, you can tag EmpowergmatRich or Scotttargettestprep. All the best for your preparation.
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22056 [1]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi monilSoni,

I’m glad you reached out, and I’m happy to help. Out of curiosity, do you plan to take any official GMAC practice exams? If so, when do you plan to take one?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11668 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi monilSoni,

Before I can offer you the specific advice that you’re looking for, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
1) How long have you studied so far? How many hours do you typically study each week?
2) On what dates did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks and how did you score on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?

Goals:
3) What is your overall goal score?
4) Do you have an Official Test Date yet (and if so, then when is it?)?
5) When are you planning to apply to Business School and what Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Current Student
Send PM
ScottTargetTestPrep Hi. I am planning to take one once I start hitting 700+ in all other mocks. I only have 2 free mocks so I don't wanna waste them.
Current Student
Send PM
EMPOWERgmatRichC

1) How long have you studied so far? How many hours do you typically study each week?
I haven't studied much. I attended a local coaching institute on weekends last semester but that didn't help much. I started studying in January and I typically study about 2 hours a day in whatever free time I get. So far I have finished just this one book in Verbal - MGMAT foundations for verbal. I will be starting to work on RC and CR next.

2) On what dates did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks and how did you score on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?
I took the first CAT on 8th January and the second on 9th February. I can't seem to find the scaled scores on Veritas but I'll tell you what I found:
CAT-1
Quant - 51/60
Verbal - 21/60

CAT-2
Verbal - 32/60
Quant - 51/60
I only studied Verbal in the interim and did nothing for Quant as I was aiming to improve my score balance.

3) What is your overall goal score?
~730. For one, I believe that I have the potential to hit 700+ and I think if I work hard, I will eventually hit something around 730 or more. Secondly, I do have to aim for high scores because I guess that's how it is for an Indian IT male.

4) Do you have an Official Test Date yet (and if so, then when is it?)?
I do not have an official date. I'll book one once my score rises up to 700. At least that is what the strategy is now. I was thinking one in March first fortnight and then maybe I'll take another in April/May. Again, these are just thoughts.

5) When are you planning to apply to Business School and what Schools are you planning to apply to?
I will be applying to schools later in 3-4 years or later. I have a job currently and will join in June/July this year. I haven't set any target schools because I thought that comes at a later stage. Improving the score is a constant goal regardless.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1434 [0]
Given Kudos: 582
Send PM
Apart from reading MGMAT strategy guides, one should practice SC, CR, and RC from OG and put a priority on official resources instead of unofficial ones. You can see the solution to OG question here:https://gmatwithcj.com/solutions-gmat-official-guide-2017-sentence-correction-questions/
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11668 [2]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi monilSoni,

Assuming that you took these 2 CATs in a realistic fashion that matches up with what you'll face on the Official GMAT and that these Scores are an accurate reflection of your skills, then you appear to be remarkably close to a 700+ right now. Many Test Takers spend 3 months (or more) of consistent study time before they hit their 'peak' scores, so if you've been studying for just a little more than 1 month, then you might naturally improve as you continue to study. With just 2 CAT Scores, we don't have enough data to say for sure what your current 'ability level' is just yet, but you've improved between the two exams, so I suggest that you keep studying as you have been and take a NEW, FULL-LENGTH CAT in 2-3 weeks. Make sure to take it in a realistic fashion (take the FULL CAT - with the Essay and IR sections, take it away from your home, at the same time of day as when you'll take the Official GMAT, etc.). Once you have that score, you should report back here and we can discuss the restyles and how best to proceed.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 2224 [2]
Given Kudos: 139
Concentration: Finance
GPA: 2.77
WE:General Management (Other)
Send PM
Kudos