It is currently 17 Oct 2017, 23:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

I Need your advise people! I am Applying to Hult Business School.

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

I Need your advise people! I am Applying to Hult Business School. [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2016, 14:40
Hello everyone,

I hope you are having a good weekend. I am writing due to the reason that I have some sort of dilemma when it comes to deciding paying a certain confirmation fee. First let me explain my situation. I applied to several business school such as DePaul, Northeastern, Rochester Institute of Technology, PACE and Hult. Currently, the only one that has accepted me is Hult International Business School. At this moment they are asking me to pay a 2500 USD fee. A sales representative has talked to me saying that he wants to give me a call to talk about the university but I know that he wants just to make sure that I pay the confirmation fee. I still didnt get any response from the other universities. The sales representative from Hult argues that there are others waiting in line and that I should hurry in making this confirmation fee. In some way I feel that I am being push and that they dont take into consideration the students. Lastly, this person wants to call me by next week and I know he will just try to make me pay the fee. So my questions are the following:

1) Should I just wait for the other Universities to answer?
2) Should I risk not getting accepted to Hult?
3) Should I take the call of the sales representative?
4) The most important one , Should I pay the $2500 confirmation fee?

Note: I will appreciate everyone's insight to my case. I have saved some money but I just think that 2500 is a lot of money to pay specially if I still dont know which university I will finally attend.

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
B

Kudos [?]: 29 [1], given: 87

GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V39
Reviews Badge
Re: I Need your advise people! I am Applying to Hult Business School. [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Apr 2016, 13:52
This post received
KUDOS
Don't go to Hult. Seriously.

Kudos [?]: 29 [1], given: 87

Intern
Intern

Re: I Need your advise people! I am Applying to Hult Business School. [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Apr 2016, 15:36
Did you go to Hult? Can you share with me your experience?

Posted from my mobile device

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2017, 06:10
Hello,

I m from India. Actually, I m going through the same dilemma as u did then. I have also applied to Hult and RIT. I got accepted by both but RIT costs are more expensive. I hav also applied to other few colleges and waiting for their decision.
Can you please share, how you sorted this thing ?

Thank you.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 07 Apr 2017, 04:12
I'd stay away from Hult. Everything about them screams "PROFITS PLEASE!!!"
I worked in their Head office in Sloane Square, London.
The structure is as follows: huge telemarketing department split into countries - UK, Spain, Netherlands, France, etc. Telemarketing arguably their biggest department. Says alot.

They would hire an English speaker to deal with UK, a Spanish speaker to deal with Spain, etc.
Each day, these 'Student recruiters' are issued an excel list thats drawn from the system pool.
This system pool is accumulated through a variety of different sources, Google Adworks, GMAT, TOEFL, IELTS, etc.
If you've entered the words 'MBA' into Google or signed up for GMAT, it is likely Hult has bought your details from one of these sources.

These recruiters work for 'interviews', which essentially means they cold call these lists all day every day, and use a script to entice you to book an 'interview' with a more senior recruiter.
Its the classic 'foot in the door' technique.
I worked there for over a year and I would wholeheartedly agree with comments that their marketing team are fantastic.
They arrange high profile events in top london locations in order to attract students - probably because their MBA's are close to £50,000.

Recruiters are trained how to deal with queries relating to how they are either unranked or very low in the ranks.

If you've received a call or an offer, don't get too excited.
Everyone gets an offer.
Sorry to burst your excitement bubble peeps - having read the entire thread, i thought it would be useful to hear from someone who's worked in their head office.

Re: I Need your advise people! I am Applying to Hult Business School.   [#permalink] 07 Apr 2017, 04:12

I Need your advise people! I am Applying to Hult Business School.

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: OasisGC, aeropower, bb10

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap