GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 13 Dec 2018, 10:05

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
2526272829301
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
303112345
Open Detailed Calendar

IE admission test : ieGAT 2014

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
IE Thread Master
avatar
Joined: 05 Sep 2014
Posts: 13
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
Schools: IE April'16 (A)
IE admission test : ieGAT 2014  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Sep 2014, 03:02
Hi,

Has anyone taken the IE's admission test(ieGAT) recently ? I am aware of the question types and duration of the exam.

Please share your test day experiences. It would be great if some of you can also talk about the difficulty level as compared to the GMAT and if there is a penalty on wrong answers/not completing the test.

Regards,
stride
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Oct 2013
Posts: 4
Re: IE admission test : ieGAT 2014  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Sep 2014, 23:55
stride123 wrote:
Hi,

Has anyone taken the IE's admission test(ieGAT) recently ? I am aware of the question types and duration of the exam.

Please share your test day experiences. It would be great if some of you can also talk about the difficulty level as compared to the GMAT and if there is a penalty on wrong answers/not completing the test.

Regards,
stride



Hi Stride,

Did you get some information about iegat"? Did you give it? I will give the ieGAT next week and i don't have information about the test.
IE Thread Master
avatar
Joined: 05 Sep 2014
Posts: 13
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
Schools: IE April'16 (A)
Re: IE admission test : ieGAT 2014  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2014, 01:35
Hi Gaston,

I will take my exam later this week. I have never prepared for the GMAT so I am not sure what to expect.
Finally I spent about a week to prepare a bit on the lines of GMAT - basically I practiced some CR questions, reading comprehensions and practiced some IR questions to get used to analysis of graphs, tables etc.
I also practiced some free questions available online on logical abstract reasoning, I hope it will help me tackle the questions with symbols and diagrams.

I will share more information on the forum after my exam. Wishing you good luck!

Regards,
Stride
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Oct 2013
Posts: 4
IE admission test : ieGAT 2014  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 22 Mar 2017, 00:39
.............

Originally posted by gastonj88 on 23 Sep 2014, 03:15.
Last edited by gastonj88 on 22 Mar 2017, 00:39, edited 1 time in total.
IE Thread Master
avatar
Joined: 05 Sep 2014
Posts: 13
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
Schools: IE April'16 (A)
IE admission test : ieGAT 2014  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2014, 01:00
1
Hi Gastón,
I took the exam yesterday. I did not find it to be very easy :oops: :( :cry: , maybe because I did not give the GMAT and prepared thoroughly for it. The difficulty of questions increases as you progress in the test. In total there are 4 sets of comprehensions with data/tables and graphs in it. These 4 sets correspond to 36 questions (9 questions each), some questions involve verbal reasoning and others will involve calculations. I found first 2 sets to be easy and next two sets to be complicated.
The other set of questions were related to abstract reasoning using diagrams. I found these questions relatively simpler than comprehension section. Here we had to identify the operation performed by the symbols in the diagrams. There were total 8 sets of diagrams and total 24 questions (3 questions each).
This makes total 60 questions, I think I could do only about 37-38 which may not be good enough and I might have to take the GMAT.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Oct 2013
Posts: 4
Re: IE admission test : ieGAT 2014  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2014, 01:45
stride123 wrote:
Hi Gastón,
I took the exam yesterday. I did not find it to be very easy, maybe because I did not give the GMAT and prepared thoroughly for it. The difficulty of questions increases as you progress in the test. In total their are 4 sets of comprehensions with data/tables and graphs in it. These 4 sets would correspond to 36 questions (9 questions each), some questions would involve verbal reasoning and others will involve calculations. I found first 2 sets to be easy and next two sets to be complicated.
The other set of questions were related to abstract reasoning using diagrams. I found these questions relatively simpler than comprehension section. Here we had to identify the operation performed by the symbols in the diagrams. There were total 8 sets of diagrams and total 24 questions (3 questions each).
This makes total 60 questions, I think I could do only about 37-38 which may not be good enough and I might have to take the GMAT.


Hi Stride,
Thank you for share this information!! Only some questions:
1) about the sets that involve calculations, how are this calculations? include equations, geometry or something like that? or only are text and you should make calculation of percentage and ratios?
2)about the abstract reasoning, are the typical questions about squares and circles that you should find what is the next figure?
3) you responded 38 on the total the 60 questions, or you got 38 questions well? there are the sufficient time for respond all questions?
On monday i was in the IE, and they told me that is possible ask other chance for taking the test in the case that you gave it bad.
Thanks a lot!
Gastón
IE Thread Master
avatar
Joined: 05 Sep 2014
Posts: 13
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
Schools: IE April'16 (A)
Re: IE admission test : ieGAT 2014  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2014, 01:55
Hi Gastón,
Here you have my response:
1. Calculations were simple in nature, it involved basic calculation of percentage and ratios. The tricky part was identifying what exactly is being asked. I found myself reading the question 2-3 times where I lost valuable time.
2. Exactly, the abstract reasoning had the typical questions like you mentioned.
3. Well, I responded to only 38 questions and I was pressed with time, I hope my accuracy was good otherwise i have totally screwed up. Well taking the test again might be a good news, I will check this with IE over e-mail after they respond to me with the test result.

Saludos.
IE Thread Master
avatar
Joined: 05 Sep 2014
Posts: 13
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
Schools: IE April'16 (A)
Re: IE admission test : ieGAT 2014  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2014, 06:27
Hi Gaston,

How did your exam go?
Request you to share your test day experiences and feedback for benefit of gmat club community interested in ieGAT exam.

Cheers,
Stride
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Oct 2013
Posts: 4
Re: IE admission test : ieGAT 2014  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2014, 01:26
stride123 wrote:
Hi Gaston,

How did your exam go?
Request you to share your test day experiences and feedback for benefit of gmat club community interested in ieGAT exam.

Cheers,
Stride


Hi Stride,
I have not taken the test yet, i have a date to Oct 25 and I want to start the MBA in Apr 2015. Tell me about you, do you have the test's result?

Saludos,
Gastón
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Jun 2014
Posts: 4
Re: IE admission test : ieGAT 2014  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2014, 12:08
I took the ieGAT last week and found it very straight forward. Didn't study or prepare. You get to review 5 practice questions before you start the actual test.

Loved the diagram questions. The reading comprehension questions were where I lost the most time. I was able to get through 45 questions, but only answered 41 out of 60. Wrong answers count against you more than blank answers, which is why I left a few blank.

Today I was notified that I passed!
IE Thread Master
avatar
Joined: 05 Sep 2014
Posts: 13
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
Schools: IE April'16 (A)
Re: IE admission test : ieGAT 2014  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2014, 03:45
Hi Sswan,

Thanks for sharing your test day experience and congratulations on clearing the test. My test report said that my score meets the global average.

All the best for the application procedure and the interview.

Regards,
Stride123
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Jun 2014
Posts: 4
Re: IE admission test : ieGAT 2014  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2014, 06:37
Thanks!

I'm surprised I don't see more info on gmat club about people applying for the April and September 2015 intakes. Are you a prospective student for April or September?

I submitted my application for September 2015 intake on October 27th, took the ieGAT on October 29th, and had an interview on October 30th. Guaranteed decision by November 27th. Now it's just a waiting game......... :)
IE Thread Master
avatar
Joined: 05 Sep 2014
Posts: 13
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
Schools: IE April'16 (A)
Re: IE admission test : ieGAT 2014  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2014, 20:34
I have applied for the April intake and attended the interview on 28th Oct. Even I am waiting for the decision :-)
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 21 Jun 2011
Posts: 63
Location: United States
Concentration: Accounting, Finance
WE: Accounting (Accounting)
Re: IE admission test : ieGAT 2014  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2015, 08:39
sswan wrote:
I took the ieGAT last week and found it very straight forward. Didn't study or prepare. You get to review 5 practice questions before you start the actual test.

Loved the diagram questions. The reading comprehension questions were where I lost the most time. I was able to get through 45 questions, but only answered 41 out of 60. Wrong answers count against you more than blank answers, which is why I left a few blank.

Today I was notified that I passed!


Hi Sswan,

I want to appear for the IE GAT in 2015. Can you please help me with following questions.

1. Is there any eligibility criteria for IE GAT.

2. Are there any cut off date by which I will have to write the test.

3. How/Who decides the IE GAT dates. Can a candidate take a test date based on his/her convenience.

Regards
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Jun 2014
Posts: 4
Re: IE admission test : ieGAT 2014  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2015, 07:38
Hey davidfrank

1. I wouldn't take the IE GAT unless you're serious about applying for the IE MBA. You have to submit your application within 45 days of taking it -- so be strategic about when you sit for the test. The only eligibility criteria is that you can only take it once... so I doubt you'll be disqualified from taking it as it sounds like your first time.

2. No cut off date. Rolling admissions. You're cutting it close for April in terms of remaining spots, financial aid, and applying for a visa. I heard a rumor that someone took care of everything 5 weeks before launch but that seems stressful. You should be fine for September 2015. In October 2014 I submitted my application, sat for the test, and interviewed in a 4 day period because I attended a fast track for admissions. I received acceptance in early November and received a fellowship in early December. I'm matriculating into the September 2015 intake and have enjoyed being one of the early birds.

3. Event dates are on the IE MBA website under the "Events" tab. It's easy to find and filter the events based on location and time for your convenience. Keep the 45 day window in mind.

The North American office could determine when everything is, but I'm not totally sure. They are great to work with. Take a look at the events and register for one if you can. NYC is where they're located so they have the most events. I'm in DC so it was really easy, and it's been great connecting with alumni.
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 21 Jun 2011
Posts: 63
Location: United States
Concentration: Accounting, Finance
WE: Accounting (Accounting)
Re: IE admission test : ieGAT 2014  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Mar 2015, 02:20
Hi SSwan,

Thanks for the information.

Regards
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 26 Oct 2015
Posts: 2
Re: IE admission test : ieGAT 2014  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2015, 05:35
Hello everybody!! :)

I'm going to take the exam on 19 November 2015 for intake in July 2016. Any recommendations?I'm stressed with the abstract reasoning part, any study tips? I would be extremly grateful.
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 20 Mar 2016
Posts: 190
Location: Estonia
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: IE (A)
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Reviews Badge
Re: IE admission test : ieGAT 2014  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2016, 03:16
Hi Sswan,

You took the IEgat!? or GMAT.

How is your experience at IE?

sswan wrote:
Hey davidfrank

1. I wouldn't take the IE GAT unless you're serious about applying for the IE MBA. You have to submit your application within 45 days of taking it -- so be strategic about when you sit for the test. The only eligibility criteria is that you can only take it once... so I doubt you'll be disqualified from taking it as it sounds like your first time.

2. No cut off date. Rolling admissions. You're cutting it close for April in terms of remaining spots, financial aid, and applying for a visa. I heard a rumor that someone took care of everything 5 weeks before launch but that seems stressful. You should be fine for September 2015. In October 2014 I submitted my application, sat for the test, and interviewed in a 4 day period because I attended a fast track for admissions. I received acceptance in early November and received a fellowship in early December. I'm matriculating into the September 2015 intake and have enjoyed being one of the early birds.

3. Event dates are on the IE MBA website under the "Events" tab. It's easy to find and filter the events based on location and time for your convenience. Keep the 45 day window in mind.

The North American office could determine when everything is, but I'm not totally sure. They are great to work with. Take a look at the events and register for one if you can. NYC is where they're located so they have the most events. I'm in DC so it was really easy, and it's been great connecting with alumni.

_________________

- Saurabh Prabhakar
MBA@ IE business school. GMAT 690/Q49/V35
Providing guidance for MBA aspirants here: https://www.fiverr.com/sauprabhakar/help-you-navigate-the-mba-application-journey

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Oct 2018
Posts: 1
Re: IE admission test : ieGAT 2014  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Oct 2018, 22:07
Hey! Yesterday I gave GRE Exam and could not do well, I got really panicky and because of that I screwed my exam. Now I am planning to give the ieGAT, any suggestions of how to prepare and will 10 days from now will be enough to give the exam ? I read in the previous comments, that there questions on ratios, percentage and average from the math section, so basically the test includes mostly questions from statistics ?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Apr 2018
Posts: 3
Re: IE admission test : ieGAT 2014  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2018, 09:03
ajdec08 wrote:
Hey! Yesterday I gave GRE Exam and could not do well, I got really panicky and because of that I screwed my exam. Now I am planning to give the ieGAT, any suggestions of how to prepare and will 10 days from now will be enough to give the exam ? I read in the previous comments, that there questions on ratios, percentage and average from the math section, so basically the test includes mostly questions from statistics ?


I took the paper version of the test recently (I heard that there's a computer version), so I can only attest to the paper version.

There's an ieGAT prep that you can purchase on JobTestPrep. The Verbal Numerical Reasoning section and the Diagrammatic Reasoning section will give you an idea of what is on the test.

However, on the actual ieGAT, the Verbal Numerical Reasoning section has much more reading and data than the one on JobTestPrep. I'm unfamiliar with the GRE, but I would say that it is somewhat similar to the IR section of the GMAT, except with more information to process, but less sections.

I believe the exam is meant for you to go in without any preparation, so if you have several days until the exam, you should be fine. And yes, the math section is mainly percentages, ratios and averages. I would say the math questions are more statistics and the verbal portion are closer to reading comprehension.

Good luck!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: IE admission test : ieGAT 2014 &nbs [#permalink] 07 Oct 2018, 09:03
Display posts from previous: Sort by

IE admission test : ieGAT 2014

  new topic post reply Update application status  


Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.