GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 24 Jun 2018, 13:15

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

IE MBA VS York Schulich MBA

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
IE MBA VS York Schulich MBA [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Apr 2017, 02:12
Dear all,

I got admitted to IE and York Schulich Canada.
I live in Asia and have canadian citizenship.
My goal is to work for multinational corporation (General Management). dun matter if it' European or North American.

I don't speak any other language.
I wanna go to IE, but i hear many rumors that many non-EU graduates of IE get not much choice but go back to their home countries.
Also graduates who dont speak Spanish or other European languages have hard time landing a job there even though IE is top ranked school.

This is why I'm not really comfortable making a decision.
What do you guys think?
IE or York?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G
Reviews Badge
Re: IE MBA VS York Schulich MBA [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Apr 2017, 03:30
What you have heard is very true. IE asks the students to study from there but go back to their respective countries post graduation. Also, you have a Canadian Passport, which would be helpful life long. In my opinion, you should go with York Schulich. All the best!

P.S. Don't forget to give Kudos :)

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 25 Apr 2017, 04:18
14101992 wrote:
What you have heard is very true. IE asks the students to study from there but go back to their respective countries post graduation. Also, you have a Canadian Passport, which would be helpful life long. In my opinion, you should go with York Schulich. All the best!

For real??? Even tho York's ranking is far below IE and it is internationally less recognized?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 25 Apr 2017, 04:39
Do you aim to work in Canada. If yes, the IE is not the option for sure. If not, then you can take more statistics from IE website and Linkedin profiles of IE graduates. Track where did they go after graduation. I think that would be more helpful for you to evaluate.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 25 Apr 2017, 05:27
14101992 wrote:
Do you aim to work in Canada. If yes, the IE is not the option for sure. If not, then you can take more statistics from IE website and Linkedin profiles of IE graduates. Track where did they go after graduation. I think that would be more helpful for you to evaluate.

Not really,,, but thats the dilemma. I would rather work in Europe or Southeast Asia, but then I dun wanna end up not being able to go either of those places and go somewhere worse than Canada.
i did my undergrad in Canada.

Thanks for the info. didnt really think about using Linkedin in this way.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 25 Apr 2017, 07:19
roughneck wrote:
Not really,,, but thats the dilemma. I would rather work in Europe or Southeast Asia, but then I dun wanna end up not being able to go either of those places and go somewhere worse than Canada.
i did my undergrad in Canada.

Thanks for the info. didnt really think about using Linkedin in this way.

Linkedin could be really helpful in this case. It has a very good feature, in which you can see the profiles of MBA graduates from any school and segregate them on the basis of different stream such as finanace, marketing, etc. :)

Current Student
B
Concentration: Statistics, Marketing
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.3
WE: Project Management (Commercial Banking)

Show Tags

New post 25 Apr 2017, 07:20
14101992 wrote:

IMO, whether this is true or not depends on the employer OP wants. Surely for mid range Canadian employers, Schulich sounds familiar than IE, but for large MNCs, IE isn't a strange name. OP is Canadian, so getting job in Canada with a top European degree is not that hard (my Canadian cousin found a well paying consulting job in Toronto after HEC Paris just fine). With IE, OP can also try his luck with European job market, something he definitely cannot do at Schulich.
Re: IE MBA VS York Schulich MBA   [#permalink] 25 Apr 2017, 07:20

IE MBA VS York Schulich MBA

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Wilch, jessepinkman, teleste

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap