GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 14 Nov 2018, 06:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
28293031123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
2526272829301
Open Detailed Calendar
  • $450 Tuition Credit & Official CAT Packs FREE

     November 15, 2018

     November 15, 2018

     10:00 PM MST

     11:00 PM MST

    EMPOWERgmat is giving away the complete Official GMAT Exam Pack collection worth $100 with the 3 Month Pack ($299)
  • Free GMAT Strategy Webinar

     November 17, 2018

     November 17, 2018

     07:00 AM PST

     09:00 AM PST

    Nov. 17, 7 AM PST. Aiming to score 760+? Attend this FREE session to learn how to Define your GMAT Strategy, Create your Study Plan and Master the Core Skills to excel on the GMAT.

In her later poems, Phyllis Wheatley's blending of solar imagery, Jude

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:

Hide Tags

SVP
SVP
avatar
Joined: 04 May 2006
Posts: 1680
Schools: CBS, Kellogg
Premium Member
In her later poems, Phyllis Wheatley's blending of solar imagery, Jude  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 05 Nov 2018, 08:14
11
45
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

  35% (medium)

Question Stats:

69% (01:05) correct 31% (01:16) wrong based on 1925 sessions

HideShow timer Statistics

In her later poems, Phyllis Wheatley's blending of solar imagery, Judeo-Christian thought and figures, and the images she borrowed from ancient classicism suggesting her range and depth of influences, not the least of which is her African heritage.


(A) the images she borrowed from ancient classicism suggesting

(B) borrowing images from ancient classicism, suggests

(C) she borrowed images from ancient classicism, which suggests

(D) images borrowed from ancient classicism suggests

(E) images that she borrowed from ancient classicism, suggesting


Verbal Question of The Day: Day 111: Sentence Correction


Subscribe to GMAT Question of the Day: E-mail | RSS
For All QOTD Questions Click Here

_________________

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings


Originally posted by sondenso on 06 May 2008, 17:49.
Last edited by Bunuel on 05 Nov 2018, 08:14, edited 4 times in total.
Renamed the topic and edited the question.
Most Helpful Expert Reply
Magoosh GMAT Instructor
User avatar
Joined: 28 Nov 2011
Posts: 301
Re: In her later poems, Phyllis Wheatley's blending of solar imagery, Jude  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jul 2012, 16:10
4
4
'Borrowing of images' violates the parallelism of X (solar imagery) and Y (thoughts and figures). Both X and Y are nouns therefore 'Z' has to be a noun. 'Borrowing of images' is a gerund phrase. Instead a simple noun for Z, such as 'images' fixes this problem.

Hope that helps!
_________________

Christopher Lele
Magoosh Test Prep

Image

Image

GMAT Club Verbal Expert
User avatar
P
Status: GMAT and GRE tutor
Joined: 13 Aug 2009
Posts: 2093
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V46
GMAT 2: 800 Q51 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V170
QOTD: In her later poems, Phyllis Wheatley's  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2017, 14:05
4
One key to this question is figuring out what, exactly, needs to be parallel. The underlined portion starts immediately after the parallelism trigger "and" -- so we'll focus most our energy there. (For more on parallelism -- including some examples that are much tougher than this one -- check out our YouTube webinar on parallelism and meaning.)

Quote:
(A) the images she borrowed from ancient classicism suggesting

The parallelism in (A) gives us a list of three things: "...Wheatley's blending of solar imagery, Judeo-Christian thought and figures, and the images she borrowed..." That's reasonable enough: she blended those three things together. So I think the parallelism is OK.

Trouble is, we don't really have a legitimate sentence in (A). To have a full sentence, you need an independent clause -- basically, a subject and a verb. The subject is "blending", but there's no verb "performed" by the subject. "Suggesting" isn't a verb here, since it isn't preceded by a form of "to be." (More on "-ing" words here.) So (A) is gone.

Quote:
(B) borrowing images from ancient classicism, suggests

In (B), "and" is followed by "borrowing", so we need to find something that's parallel to "borrowing." It has to be "blending", right? Superficially, that's not bad: "...Wheatley's blending of solar imagery... and borrowing images from ancient classicism..."

But then what the heck is the phrase "Judeo-Christian thought and figures" doing here? I can't make any sense of it at all. It isn't part of a list in (B), and it doesn't logically modify "solar imagery." So on that basis alone, (B) is out.

Quote:
(C) she borrowed images from ancient classicism, which suggests

This one has all sorts of problems. For starters, there's a straightforward, classic modifier error. The phrase "which suggests her range and depth of influences" seems to modify "ancient classicism", and that makes no sense at all. You could argue that the phrase beginning with "which" modifies "images from ancient classicism", but then there's a subject-verb issue. If you're in a hurry, that's enough to wipe out (C).

But there's also a broader structural problem with the sentence. "Phyllis Wheatley's blending of solar imagery, Judeo-Christian thought and figures, and she borrowed images from ancient classicism..." Huh? The subject of the sentence is "Wheatley's blending" again, but it never actually performs a verb.

Quote:
(D) images borrowed from ancient classicism suggests

(D) seems to fix all of our problems. The parallelism works, much as it does in (A): "...Wheatley's blending of solar imagery, Judeo-Christian thought and figures, and images borrowed from ancient classicism..." That's a perfectly legit list of three different things (nouns) that she blended together. And the subject-verb agreement makes sense, too: "... Wheatley's blending [of three things] suggests her depth and range of influences..." So the subject actually has a verb that makes sense in (D). Let's keep it.

Quote:
(E) images that she borrowed from ancient classicism, suggesting

I'd be a little bit happier with (E) if it said "images borrowed from ancient classicism" instead of "images that she borrowed from ancient classicism." It just seems like a waste of words, but that's not necessarily wrong. The parallelism is basically OK: the list still consists of three parallel nouns.

The trouble is, the main subject ("Wheatley's blending") doesn't actually "perform" a verb, since "suggesting" isn't a verb here. It's the same problem as in (A). So (E) can be eliminated, and (D) is the best answer.
_________________

GMAT Club Verbal Expert | GMAT/GRE tutor @ www.gmatninja.com (Now hiring!) | Instagram | Food blog | Notoriously bad at PMs

Beginners' guides to GMAT verbal
Reading Comprehension | Critical Reasoning | Sentence Correction

YouTube LIVE verbal webinars
Series 1: Fundamentals of SC & CR | Series 2: Developing a Winning GMAT Mindset

SC & CR Questions of the Day (QOTDs), featuring expert explanations
All QOTDs | Subscribe via email | RSS

Need an expert reply?
Hit the request verbal experts' reply button -- and please be specific about your question. Feel free to tag @GMATNinja in your post. Priority is always given to official GMAT questions.

Sentence Correction articles & resources
How to go from great (760) to incredible (780) on GMAT SC | That "-ing" Word Probably Isn't a Verb | That "-ed" Word Might Not Be a Verb, Either | No-BS Guide to GMAT Idioms | "Being" is not the enemy | WTF is "that" doing in my sentence?

Reading Comprehension, Critical Reasoning, and other articles & resources
All GMAT Ninja articles on GMAT Club | Using LSAT for GMAT CR & RC |7 reasons why your actual GMAT scores don't match your practice test scores | How to get 4 additional "fake" GMAT Prep tests for $29.99 | Time management on verbal

Most Helpful Community Reply
SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 29 Aug 2007
Posts: 2379
Re: In her later poems, Phyllis Wheatley's blending of solar imagery, Jude  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 May 2008, 21:06
8
3
bkk145 wrote:
sondenso wrote:
30. In her later poems, Phyllis Wheatley's blending of solar imagery, Judeo-Christian thought and figures, and the images she borrowed from ancient classicism suggesting her range and depth of influences, not the least of which is her African heritage.

(A) the images she borrowed from ancient classicism suggesting
(B) borrowing images from ancient classicism, suggests
(C) she borrowed images from ancient classicism, which suggests
(D) images borrowed from ancient classicism suggests
(E) images that she borrowed from ancient classicism, suggesting

Honestly, I even dont know where the subject, where the verb? Give me your hand! Thanks


D too.
A, C, E has possessive pronoun problem. B violates ||ism
Here is the breakdown:

In her later poems,

(These are parallel)
(1) Phyllis Wheatley's blending of solar imagery,
(2) Judeo-Christian thought and figures, and
(3) the images borrowed from ancient classicism

suggests her range and depth of influences, not the least of which is her African heritage.


bkk is there: (These are parallel)

Phyllis Wheatley's blending of
(1) solar imagery,
(2) Judeo-Christian thought and figures, and
(3) the images borrowed from ancient classicism

suggests her range and depth of influences, not the least of which is her African heritage.[/quote]


subject: Phyllis Wheatley's blending of
(1) solar imagery,
(2) Judeo-Christian thought and figures, and
(3) the images borrowed from ancient classicism
verb: suggests

not an easy one:- 750+ question.
_________________

Verbal: http://gmatclub.com/forum/new-to-the-verbal-forum-please-read-this-first-77546.html
Math: http://gmatclub.com/forum/new-to-the-math-forum-please-read-this-first-77764.html
Gmat: http://gmatclub.com/forum/everything-you-need-to-prepare-for-the-gmat-revised-77983.html


GT

General Discussion
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 06 Jan 2008
Posts: 485
Re: In her later poems, Phyllis Wheatley's blending of solar imagery, Jude  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 May 2008, 18:37
2
Confusing one..
I will go with D.
Phyllis Wheatley's blending of {X, Y, and Z} suggests....
(here Y = (a and b)
VP
VP
avatar
Joined: 10 Jun 2007
Posts: 1361
Re: In her later poems, Phyllis Wheatley's blending of solar imagery, Jude  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 May 2008, 19:39
1
sondenso wrote:
30.
In her later poems, Phyllis Wheatley's blending of solar imagery, Judeo-Christian thought and figures, and the images she borrowed from ancient classicism suggesting her range and depth of influences, not the least of which is her African heritage.

(A) the images she borrowed from ancient classicism suggesting
(B) borrowing images from ancient classicism, suggests
(C) she borrowed images from ancient classicism, which suggests
(D) images borrowed from ancient classicism suggests
(E) images that she borrowed from ancient classicism, suggesting

Honestly, I even dont know where the subject, where the verb? Give me your hand! Thanks


D too.
A, C, E has possessive pronoun problem. B violates ||ism
Here is the breakdown:

In her later poems,

(These are parallel)
(1) Phyllis Wheatley's blending of solar imagery,
(2) Judeo-Christian thought and figures, and
(3) the images borrowed from ancient classicism

suggests her range and depth of influences, not the least of which is her African heritage.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Status: Final Countdown
Joined: 17 Mar 2010
Posts: 454
Location: India
GPA: 3.82
WE: Account Management (Retail Banking)
Re: In her later poems, Phyllis Wheatley's blending of solar imagery, Jude  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jul 2012, 17:13
2
1
Singular Subject, so "suggests"will suit.
(A) , (E) Eliminated

In (C) ,which(comma which) is modifying classicism -incorrect
Final fight ; (B) Vs (D)

so,Lets have a look:-

"...Phyllis Wheatley's blending of solar imagery, Judeo-Christian thought and figures, AND images borrowed from ancient classicism suggests...."

is the desired sentence.Now the problem is two ANDs.
first and is to mention two items in one sub-roof-christian thoughts and figures
second AND is to sum up the third list in the same major roof "......Phyllis Wheatley's blending of X,(P and Q) , AND Z

Hope this works !
_________________

" Make more efforts "
Press Kudos if you liked my post

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 26 Dec 2011
Posts: 93
Re: In her later poems, Phyllis Wheatley's blending of solar imagery, Jude  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jul 2012, 11:11
Am I right in stating that in a statement as such one cannot use She as there is not antecedent for "she"..and her can be used because there is Phyllis Wheatley's?
e-GMAT Representative
User avatar
G
Joined: 02 Nov 2011
Posts: 2734
Re: In her later poems, Phyllis Wheatley's blending of solar imagery, Jude  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jul 2012, 11:48
3
2
pavanpuneet wrote:
Am I right in stating that in a statement as such one cannot use She as there is not antecedent for "she"..and her can be used because there is Phyllis Wheatley's?

Hi there,

Yes, you are absolutely correct. Usage of "she" is incorrect in this sentence because this pronoun has no antecedent to refer to. Notice that "Phyllis Wheatley's" is in possessive form, meaning this entity is an adjective here and not a noun. A noun possessive noun cannot refer to this possessive noun. Only the possessive pronoun "her" can refer to this entity as we have in the beginning of the sentence.

Hope this helps.
Thanks.
Shraddha
_________________












| '4 out of Top 5' Instructors on gmatclub | 70 point improvement guarantee | www.e-gmat.com

VP
VP
User avatar
B
Joined: 24 Aug 2011
Posts: 1400
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: In her later poems, Phyllis Wheatley's blending of solar imagery, Jude  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Jul 2014, 06:13
1
How come the usage of suggests is correct. Shouldn't it be suggest?
Please help!
_________________

ISB Preparation Kit | GMAT Debrief

VP
VP
User avatar
G
Joined: 27 Mar 2010
Posts: 1019
Location: Bangalore, India
Re: In her later poems, Phyllis Wheatley's blending of solar imagery, Jude  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Jul 2014, 06:21
ankurgupta03 wrote:
How come the usage of suggests is correct. Shouldn't it be suggest?
Please help!

blending is the subject and hence, singular.

The structure of the sentence is: Phyllis Wheatley's blending of X, Y and Z suggests...
_________________

Thanks,
Ashish
EducationAisle, Bangalore

Sentence Correction Nirvana available on Amazon.in and Flipkart

Now! Preview the entire Grammar Section of Sentence Correction Nirvana at pothi.com

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
G
Joined: 28 May 2017
Posts: 287
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Re: QOTD: In her later poems, Phyllis Wheatley's  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2017, 18:19
In her later poems, Phyllis Wheatley's blending of solar imagery, Judeo-Christian thought and figures, and the images she borrowed from ancient classicism suggesting her range and depth of influences, not the least of which is her African heritage.
(A) the images she borrowed from ancient classicism suggesting Lack of verb leads to a Fragmented sentence. Hence Incorrect.
(B) borrowing images from ancient classicism, suggests
- Blending of X, Y, & Z. X & Y are NOUN, so Z should be noun as well. Parallelism is not maintained among three items. Hence Incorrect
(C) she borrowed images from ancient classicism, which suggests
- Blending of X, Y, & Z. X & Y are NOUN, so Z should be noun as well. Parallelism is not maintained among three items. Lack of verb leads to a Fragmented sentence. Incorrect use of WHICH. Hence Incorrect
(D) images borrowed from ancient classicism suggests - CORRECT
(E) images that she borrowed from ancient classicism, suggesting Lack of verb leads to a Fragmented sentence. Hence Incorrect.
_________________

If you like the post, show appreciation by pressing Kudos button

BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
V
Joined: 28 Mar 2017
Posts: 1224
Location: India
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 4
CAT Tests
QOTD: In her later poems, Phyllis Wheatley's  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2017, 21:06
1
GMATNinja I have 1 doubt in this question. Three things are suggesting something about a person's something, then how can we use a singular "suggests"; shouldn't "suggests" be replaced with "suggest" in all the options?

In her later poems, Phyllis Wheatley's blending of solar imagery, Judeo-Christian thought and figures, and the images she borrowed from ancient classicism suggesting her range and depth of influences, not the least of which is her African heritage.

"social imagery", "thought and figures" and "images" should be parallel

(A) the images she borrowed from ancient classicism suggesting -the usage of "suggesting" makes this sentence a fragment.
(B) borrowing images from ancient classicism, suggests -"borrowing" is not parallel
(C) she borrowed images from ancient classicism, which suggests -"she" makes the structure unparallel
(D) images borrowed from ancient classicism suggests -Correct maintains parallelism.
(E) images that she borrowed from ancient classicism, suggesting -the usage of "suggesting" makes this sentence a fragment.
_________________

Kudos if my post helps!

Long And A Fruitful Journey - V21 to V41; If I can, So Can You!!
Preparing for RC my way
RC Summary Activity - New Project to imporve RC Skills
Bloomberg's US Bschool Ranking

My study resources:
1. Useful Formulae, Concepts and Tricks-Quant | 2. e-GMAT's ALL SC Compilation | 3. LSAT RC compilation | 4. Actual LSAT CR collection by Broal | 5. QOTD RC (Carcass) | 6. Challange OG RC | 7. GMAT Prep Challenge RC

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 13 Apr 2016
Posts: 46
Location: India
Schools: Great Lakes
GMAT 1: 660 Q37 V42
GPA: 2.99
WE: Information Technology (Retail Banking)
QOTD: In her later poems, Phyllis Wheatley's  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2017, 01:02
hi, can someone please explain why we have 'figures , and the images she borrowed...' in the original sentence
how is it different in meaning from a sentence that says 'figures and the images she borrowed..'

it would really help if someone could answer this one.
I am not sure i have come across , and so easily in newspapers etc. Maybe I have not been reading carefully enough, Hence I am not aware of this essential rule.
can some one be kind enough to throw some light on this. :roll: :-D
e-GMAT Representative
User avatar
G
Joined: 02 Nov 2011
Posts: 2734
QOTD: In her later poems, Phyllis Wheatley's  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2017, 02:17
3
gmatexam439 wrote:
GMATNinja I have 1 doubt in this question. Three things are suggesting something about a person's something, then how can we use a singular "suggests"; shouldn't "suggests" be replaced with "suggest" in all the options?

In her later poems, Phyllis Wheatley's blending of solar imagery, Judeo-Christian thought and figures, and the images she borrowed from ancient classicism suggesting her range and depth of influences, not the least of which is her African heritage.

"social imagery", "thought and figures" and "images" should be parallel

(A) the images she borrowed from ancient classicism suggesting -the usage of "suggesting" makes this sentence a fragment.
(B) borrowing images from ancient classicism, suggests -"borrowing" is not parallel
(C) she borrowed images from ancient classicism, which suggests -"she" makes the structure unparallel
(D) images borrowed from ancient classicism suggests -Correct maintains parallelism.
(E) images that she borrowed from ancient classicism, suggesting -the usage of "suggesting" makes this sentence a fragment.



Hello gmatexam439,

I will be glad to help you with this one. :-)

Let's take a look at the structure of correct sentence:

In her later poems, Phyllis Wheatley's blending of

    solar imagery,
    Judeo-Christian thought and figures, and
    images borrowed from ancient classicism


suggests
her range and depth of influences, not the least of which is her African heritage.


Please note that the subject of the sentence is singular noun blending and hence takes singular verb suggests. The said imagery, the figures, and the images do not act as the subject.


Hope this helps. :-)
Thanks.
Shraddha
_________________












| '4 out of Top 5' Instructors on gmatclub | 70 point improvement guarantee | www.e-gmat.com

e-GMAT Representative
User avatar
G
Joined: 02 Nov 2011
Posts: 2734
QOTD: In her later poems, Phyllis Wheatley's  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2017, 02:26
2
doeadoer wrote:
hi, can someone please explain why we have 'figures , and the images she borrowed...' in the original sentence
how is it different in meaning from a sentence that says 'figures and the images she borrowed..'

it would really help if someone could answer this one.
I am not sure i have come across , and so easily in newspapers etc. Maybe I have not been reading carefully enough, Hence I am not aware of this essential rule.
can some one be kind enough to throw some light on this. :roll: :-D




Hello doeadoer,

I will be glad to help you with this one. :-)


Take a look at my post just above this one to see the structure of the sentence.

Per the sentence, three elements make the parallel list:
    i. solar imagery,
    ii. Judeo-Christian thought and figures, and
    iii. the images she borrowed from ancient classicism



Whenever a parallel list consists of more than two elements, the connector joining all the parallel elements in the list is preceded by a comma. Hence, we see the usage of comma + and in this sentence.

In fact, this is a very common usage across GMAT SC parallelism questions. You can review any SC problem on parallelism containing more than two parallel elements in a list. They all have a comma preceding the connector.


Hope this helps. :-)
Thanks.
Shraddha
_________________












| '4 out of Top 5' Instructors on gmatclub | 70 point improvement guarantee | www.e-gmat.com

Manager
Manager
avatar
S
Joined: 03 Apr 2015
Posts: 185
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: QOTD: In her later poems, Phyllis Wheatley's  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2017, 06:39
In her later poems, Phyllis Wheatley's blending of solar imagery, Judeo-Christian thought and figures, and the images she borrowed from ancient classicism suggesting her range and depth of influences, not the least of which is her African heritage.

the structure of sentences says Phyllis Wheatley's blending of solar imagery, Judeo-Christian thought and figures, and the images : list of three nouns things : imagery ,thought and figure, and images . so the the subject blending must have a verb

(A) the images she borrowed from ancient classicism suggesting
(B) borrowing images from ancient classicism, suggests : it must be a noun as things in the list are noun
(C) she borrowed images from ancient classicism, which suggests: no verb
(D) images borrowed from ancient classicism suggests correct
(E) images that she borrowed from ancient classicism, suggesting
no verb
BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
V
Joined: 28 Mar 2017
Posts: 1224
Location: India
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 4
CAT Tests
Re: QOTD: In her later poems, Phyllis Wheatley's  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2017, 07:47
1
egmat wrote:
gmatexam439 wrote:
GMATNinja I have 1 doubt in this question. Three things are suggesting something about a person's something, then how can we use a singular "suggests"; shouldn't "suggests" be replaced with "suggest" in all the options?

In her later poems, Phyllis Wheatley's blending of solar imagery, Judeo-Christian thought and figures, and the images she borrowed from ancient classicism suggesting her range and depth of influences, not the least of which is her African heritage.

"social imagery", "thought and figures" and "images" should be parallel

(A) the images she borrowed from ancient classicism suggesting -the usage of "suggesting" makes this sentence a fragment.
(B) borrowing images from ancient classicism, suggests -"borrowing" is not parallel
(C) she borrowed images from ancient classicism, which suggests -"she" makes the structure unparallel
(D) images borrowed from ancient classicism suggests -Correct maintains parallelism.
(E) images that she borrowed from ancient classicism, suggesting -the usage of "suggesting" makes this sentence a fragment.



Hello gmatexam439,

I will be glad to help you with this one. :-)

Let's take a look at the structure of correct sentence:

In her later poems, Phyllis Wheatley's blending of

    solar imagery,
    Judeo-Christian thought and figures, and
    images borrowed from ancient classicism


suggests
her range and depth of influences, not the least of which is her African heritage.


Please note that the subject of the sentence is singular noun blending and hence takes singular verb suggests. The said imagery, the figures, and the images do not act as the subject.


Hope this helps. :-)
Thanks.
Shraddha


Hello Shraddha,

Thanks for the quick reply. That did definitely help me.

Until now I was interpreting the sentence in a wrong way. Though I got the answer, I am more comfortable with the sentence now than was before.

Regards
_________________

Kudos if my post helps!

Long And A Fruitful Journey - V21 to V41; If I can, So Can You!!
Preparing for RC my way
RC Summary Activity - New Project to imporve RC Skills
Bloomberg's US Bschool Ranking

My study resources:
1. Useful Formulae, Concepts and Tricks-Quant | 2. e-GMAT's ALL SC Compilation | 3. LSAT RC compilation | 4. Actual LSAT CR collection by Broal | 5. QOTD RC (Carcass) | 6. Challange OG RC | 7. GMAT Prep Challenge RC

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
P
Joined: 29 Jun 2017
Posts: 468
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Transportation)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: QOTD: In her later poems, Phyllis Wheatley's  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2017, 02:03
In her later poems, Phyllis Wheatley's blending of solar imagery, Judeo-Christian thought and figures, and the images she borrowed from ancient classicism suggesting her range and depth of influences, not the least of which is her African heritage.

(A) the images she borrowed from ancient classicism suggesting
(B) borrowing images from ancient classicism, suggests
(C) she borrowed images from ancient classicism, which suggests
(D) images borrowed from ancient classicism suggests {borrowed from.... - modifying images}
(E) images that she borrowed from ancient classicism, suggesting



D
_________________

Give Kudos for correct answer and/or if you like the solution.

GMAT Club Bot
Re: QOTD: In her later poems, Phyllis Wheatley's &nbs [#permalink] 25 Nov 2017, 02:03
Display posts from previous: Sort by

In her later poems, Phyllis Wheatley's blending of solar imagery, Jude

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.