It is currently 23 Oct 2017, 12:14

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

In the United States, of the people who moved from one state

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:

Hide Tags

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Mar 2009
Posts: 12

Kudos [?]: 12 [1], given: 0

In the United States, of the people who moved from one state [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2009, 03:31
1
This post received
KUDOS
11
This post was
BOOKMARKED
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

  55% (hard)

Question Stats:

50% (01:03) correct 50% (01:14) wrong based on 827 sessions

HideShow timer Statistics

In the United States, of the people who moved from one state to another when they retired, the percentage who retired to Florida has decreased by three percentage points over the past ten years. Since many local businesses in Florida cater to retirees, this decline is likely to have a noticeably negative economic effect on these businesses.

Which of the following, if true, most seriously weakens the argument?

(A) Florida attracts more people who move from one state to another when they retire than does any other state.

(B) The number of people who move out of Florida to accept employment in other states has increased over the past ten years.

(C) There are far more local businesses in Florida that cater to tourists than there are local businesses that cater to retirees.

(D) The total number of people who retired and moved to another state for their retirement has increased significantly over the past ten years.

(E) The number of people who left Florida when they retired to live in another state was greater last year than it was ten years ago.
[Reveal] Spoiler: OA

Last edited by broall on 04 Jul 2017, 23:34, edited 1 time in total.
Changed OA

Kudos [?]: 12 [1], given: 0

Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 04 Jan 2008
Posts: 893

Kudos [?]: 750 [0], given: 17

Re: In the United States, of the people who moved from one state [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2009, 08:55
D is actually OOS(out of scope) as
here we have to show that local businesses in florida(all other places are OOS here)will thrive even though retired guys are down by %-age point
C says far more local businesses in Florida that cater to tourists -->hence will continue to flourish
hence C
_________________

http://gmatclub.com/forum/math-polygons-87336.html
http://gmatclub.com/forum/competition-for-the-best-gmat-error-log-template-86232.html

Kudos [?]: 750 [0], given: 17

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Oct 2009
Posts: 27

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Re: In the United States, of the people who moved from one state [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2010, 07:01
Clearly 'C' is irrelevant.

'D' is tricky and looks attractive but question remains what if most of the people who retires are from Florida itself? Also there is one better option available as explained below.

Answer 'A' most logically weakens the statement by saying that Florida is still a great destination for retiree. There is drop in terms of sheer numbers & percentage as well (of inflow) in last ten years, however there is no negative inflow but highest inflow in numbers than any other state. This inflow will provide supoprt to local businesses in florida than negatively affect those local businesses.

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Manhattan Prep Instructor
User avatar
Affiliations: ManhattanGMAT
Joined: 21 Jan 2010
Posts: 347

Kudos [?]: 1647 [0], given: 11

Location: San Francisco
Re: In the United States, of the people who moved from one state [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2010, 18:38
Hey All,

While plenty of people have the right idea on this one, a lot of people still sound confused. Let's walk through this step by step, in order to see why C is in fact the correct answer.

Conclusion: Declines will have a negative economic effect on business
Premise: Of retirees who move states, percentage retiring to Florida down 3% over last ten years
Assumption: The percent down means there are fewer people in Florida (it's also worth noting that the answer COULD relate to how many people FROM Florida are staying there when they retire)

(A) People who moved from one state to another when they retired moved a greater distance, on average,
last year than such people did ten years ago.
Problem: The distance that people travel will not affect how many people retire to Florida. Every state is some distance away from every other state. Florida is not inherently "further away" then other states, even though it's in the corner of the country. A dangerous trap, because if you see Florida as "remote", it may sound like more people might move there.

(B) People were more likely to retire to North Carolina from another state last year than people were
ten years ago.
Problem: This would strengthen the argument, if anything, because now more people are going to NC. Remember, we want to WEAKEN the argument that business in Florida will suffer.

(C) The number of people who moved from one state to another when they retired has increased significantly
over the past ten years.
Answer: Now we have way more people ("increased significantly") moving from one state to another in the past ten years. This means that even if the overall percentage is down 3%, the actual # of people moving to Florida has likely increased.

(D) The number of people who left Florida when they retired to live in another state was greater last year than
it was ten years ago.
Problem: This answer seemed very popular on the boards here, but this actually strengthens the argument again. We want businesses in Florida NOT to suffer. If more people are leaving Florida now than before, that means businesses will have EVEN FEWER customers.

(E) Florida attracts more people who move from one state to another when they retire than does any other
state.
Problem: This doesn't change the fact that the percentage is down 3%, which we need to address in the correct answer choice.

Hope that helps!
_________________


Tommy Wallach | Manhattan GMAT Instructor | San Francisco


Manhattan GMAT Discount | Manhattan GMAT Reviews

Kudos [?]: 1647 [0], given: 11

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 01 Feb 2010
Posts: 251

Kudos [?]: 61 [0], given: 2

Re: In the United States, of the people who moved from one state [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2010, 10:23
Igor010 wrote:

We're not interested in any businesses other than THESE particular businesses that cater to retirees. Saying that major business won't be affected doesn't mean that business catering to retirees won't be affected. So, C is out of scope.


What C means is that the major local buisness is by the tourists so the loss by business catering to retirees will not be "noticeable". But it is mentioned in question statement that the economic impact of buisness loss will be "noticeable".
So C is directly contradicting question statement.

Kudos [?]: 61 [0], given: 2

2 KUDOS received
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar
Status: battlecruiser, operational...
Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Posts: 981

Kudos [?]: 171 [2], given: 71

Schools: Carey '16
Re: In the United States, of the people who moved from one state [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Sep 2010, 09:59
2
This post received
KUDOS
2
This post was
BOOKMARKED
In the united states, of the people who moved from one state to another when they retired, the percentage who retired to Florida has decreased by three percentage points over the past ten years. Since many local businesses in Florida cater to retirees, this decline is likely to have a noticeable negative economic effect on these businesses.

Which of the follow, if true, most seriously weakens the argument?

A) Florida attracts more people who move from one state to another when they retire than does any other state.

B) The number of people who move out of Florida to accept employment in other states has increased over the past ten years.

C) There are more local businesses in Florida that cater to tourists than there are local busineeses that cater to retirees.

D) The total number of people who retired and move to another state fro their retirement has increased significantly over the past ten years.

E) The number of people who left Florida when they retired to live in another state was greater last year than it was ten years ago.

Thanks be include explanation.
_________________

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Kudos [?]: 171 [2], given: 71

2 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Status: Time to step up the tempo
Joined: 24 Jun 2010
Posts: 404

Kudos [?]: 250 [2], given: 50

Location: Milky way
Schools: ISB, Tepper - CMU, Chicago Booth, LSB
Re: In the United States, of the people who moved from one state [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Sep 2010, 11:12
2
This post received
KUDOS
vwjetty wrote:
In the united states, of the people who moved from one state to another when they retired, the percentage who retired to Florida has decreased by three percentage points over the past ten years. Since many local businesses in Florida cater to retirees, this decline is likely to have a noticeable negative economic effect on these businesses.

Which of the follow, if true, most seriously weakens the argument?

A) Florida attracts more people who move from one state to another when they retire than does any other state.

B) The number of people who move out of Florida to accept employment in other states has increased over the past ten years.

C) There are more local businesses in Florida that cater to tourists than there are local busineeses that cater to retirees.

D) The total number of people who retired and move to another state fro their retirement has increased significantly over the past ten years.

E) The number of people who left Florida when they retired to live in another state was greater last year than it was ten years ago.

Thanks be include explanation.


I have just started out with my CR preparation and hence my reasoning might be a little rusty. Anyway here is what I think.

The question stem important conclusion is -- [highlight]this decline is likely to have a noticeable negative economic effect on these (which cater to retired ppl) businesses.[/highlight]

Here are the answer choices.

A) Florida attracts more people who move from one state to another when they retire than does any other state.

This is a relative comparison of Florida with other states. Not relevant.

B) The number of people who move out of Florida to accept employment in other states has increased over the past ten years.

This talks about people moving out of Florida for employment and does not shed light on the retired people. Not relevant.

C) There are more local businesses in Florida that cater to tourists than there are local busineeses that cater to retirees.

At first glance this seemed to be a candidate but later found that this sentence talks about the difference between the different business and such a difference might have existed even before the stated premise -- (the percentage who retired to Florida has decreased by three percentage points over the past ten years). Also this choice supports the argument in the question. Hence this choice is ruled out.

D) The total number of people who retired and move to another state fro their retirement has increased significantly over the past ten years.

This choice talks about the increase in the total number of people who have moved to another state. This is exactly different to the conclusion/argument proposed in the question. Hence this is a very strong candidate.


E) The number of people who left Florida when they retired to live in another state was greater last year than it was ten years ago.

This choice supports the argument proposed in the question. Hence ruled out.

Answer is D.
_________________

:good Support GMAT Club by putting a GMAT Club badge on your blog :thanks

Kudos [?]: 250 [2], given: 50

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Jan 2010
Posts: 6

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: In the United States, of the people who moved from one state [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2011, 08:43
In the United States, of the people who moved from one state to another when they retired, the percentage who retired to Florida has decreased by three percentage points over the past ten years. Since many local businesses in Florida cater to retirees, this decline is likely to have a noticeably negative economic effect on these businesses.

Which of the following, if true, most seriously weakens the argument?

(A) Florida attracts more people who move from one state to another when they retire than does any other state.
(B) The number of people who move out of Florida to accept employment in other states has increased over the past ten years.
(C) There are far more local businesses in Florida that cater to tourists than there are local businesses that cater to retirees.
(D) The total number of people who retired and moved to another state for their retirement has increased significantly over the past ten years.
(E) The number of people who left Florida when they retired to live in another state was greater last year than it was ten years ago.

The net idea in the argument is: decreasing percentage of retired people who move to Florida weakens local service targeted to these people.
To influence this segment of business there should be decrease in absolute number of customers.
To weaken the argument there should be the proof of increased number of customers.
A. Florida remains the leading destination for retired. (-) no information on actual number
B. People tend to leave Florida. (-) irrelevant
C. There are other market segments. (-) irrelevant
D. Number of migrating retirees has increased. (hold) this opposes relative decrease with absolute increase
E. Number of migrating retirees from Florida has increased. (-) this explains one of the reason for the percentage decrease
Of all statements only D opposes the argument

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Expert Post
GMAT Tutor
avatar
B
Joined: 24 Jun 2008
Posts: 1339

Kudos [?]: 1960 [0], given: 6

Re: In the United States, of the people who moved from one state [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2011, 15:03
TommyWallach wrote:
While plenty of people have the right idea on this one, a lot of people still sound confused. Let's walk through this step by step, in order to see why C is in fact the correct answer.

[...]

(C) The number of people who moved from one state to another when they retired has increased significantly
over the past ten years.
Answer: Now we have way more people ("increased significantly") moving from one state to another in the past ten years. This means that even if the overall percentage is down 3%, the actual # of people moving to Florida has likely increased.

(D) The number of people who left Florida when they retired to live in another state was greater last year than
it was ten years ago.
Problem: This answer seemed very popular on the boards here, but this actually strengthens the argument again. We want businesses in Florida NOT to suffer. If more people are leaving Florida now than before, that means businesses will have EVEN FEWER customers.


You've somehow jumbled up the answer choices. D was popular on the boards here because D was the right answer; it's the answer choice you've called 'C' above.
_________________

GMAT Tutor in Toronto

If you are looking for online GMAT math tutoring, or if you are interested in buying my advanced Quant books and problem sets, please contact me at ianstewartgmat at gmail.com

Kudos [?]: 1960 [0], given: 6

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 16 Oct 2009
Posts: 206

Kudos [?]: 43 [0], given: 8

Schools: HEC Paris, , Tepper
Re: In the United States, of the people who moved from one state [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2011, 21:49
The logic of the passage hinges on this:

-Local businesses in FL who cater to retirees are negatively affected, because the % of retirees relocating to FL has decreased over past 10 years

Thus, answer C is clearly "out of scope", because the businesses included in this logic are only these catering for the retirees.

On the other hand, answer D clearly attacks the logic of the argument, because if you say "well, even the percentage of the retirees relocating to FL has decreased, the actual number of retirees has increased significantly", you have successfully undermined the weakness in the logic.

Notice also that the number of percentage decrease is 3 %, in other words a quite insignificant number. In Answer D, it says that the total number of relocating retirees has significantly increased. This is a clear "cue" by the GMAT, that the actual number of retirees surpasses the ones lost in 3 % decrease.

Hope this helps.
_________________

If you like my post, a kudos is not expected but appreciated

Kudos [?]: 43 [0], given: 8

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Dec 2010
Posts: 7

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: In the United States, of the people who moved from one state [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2011, 23:15
correct answer has to be "D". as the question is to find out options which will weaken the aurgument and option C attempts to weaken the conclusion that cannot be properly deduced... as there could be more business other than for retirees but not as profitable as those meant for retirees hence nothing can be said and it is not explicitly stated in argument or that of conclusion.

so the only way we can weaken is to negate the argument...and as we know less in % does not mean fewer numbers... so there is possiblity that though % has decreased but numbers have increased due to which economy will not suffer..

hence D

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Status: Trying to get into the illustrious 700 club!
Joined: 18 Oct 2010
Posts: 78

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 58

Re: In the United States, of the people who moved from one state [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2011, 19:38
After much thought I agree with D.

Let's say retirees went to Florida initially at 10% and that equaled 100 people that went. The next year only 7% of people are coming into Florida but the key take home is 6% of what? Since it has been a SIGNIFICANT rise we can hypothetically say 7% of 10,000 people came the next year. If more people come in and the percentage shrinks it does not necessarily mean local businesses will suffer.
_________________

I'm trying to not just answer the problem but to explain how I came up with my answer. If I am incorrect or you have a better method please PM me your thoughts. Thanks!

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 58

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 16 Oct 2009
Posts: 206

Kudos [?]: 43 [0], given: 8

Schools: HEC Paris, , Tepper
Re: In the United States, of the people who moved from one state [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2011, 19:49
In general, comparing percentage and actual number is one of GMAT's favorite tricks for 600-700 level CR questions. If this is your target GMAT score, you should be very comfortable facing these problems.

If you are a "math genius" and find the verbals more difficult, try think in this way:

-if this was a DS question, would you have concluded sufficient a statement that induces a change in actual number of people from a statement that talks about percentage?
-> Obviously, you would conclude the statement "insufficient"

The percentage/actual number trick applies for the verbals and the quants, making it even more important to master.
_________________

If you like my post, a kudos is not expected but appreciated

Kudos [?]: 43 [0], given: 8

Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 21 Dec 2010
Posts: 624

Kudos [?]: 279 [0], given: 51

Re: In the United States, of the people who moved from one state [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Apr 2011, 07:18
this question is tricky yes. but D may weaken the argument as total number of people has increased.

say 10 yrs back 100 people used to retire , and say 6 % used to settle in florida that means 6 people.
now this year 1000 people retire , and 3 % decrease means 3% settle in florida. that is 30 people.

so the conclusion is destroyed in this case.
_________________

What is of supreme importance in war is to attack the enemy's strategy.

Kudos [?]: 279 [0], given: 51

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 21 May 2011
Posts: 241

Kudos [?]: 271 [1], given: 8

Re: In the United States, of the people who moved from one state [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Jul 2011, 11:11
1
This post received
KUDOS
(A) Florida attracts more people who move from one state to another when they retire than does any other state.INCORRECT - information doesn't say anything about retirees, hence irrelevant
(B) The number of people who move out of Florida to accept employment in other states has increased over the past ten years. INCORRECT - these are non retirees, hence doesn't help address affect on businesses that cater to retirees
(C) There are far more local businesses in Florida that cater to tourists than there are local businesses that cater to retirees.INCORRECT - this is an irrelevant comparison, how does this tell us anything about what caused the decline
(D) The total number of people who retired and moved to another state for their retirement has increased significantly over the past ten years. - CORRECT - breaking down the causality. this could be the alternate cause to the the same effect. i.e. Say in 2001, out of 100 total retirees, 50 retired to florida (50%). Today in 2011, out of 200 total retires, 94 retired to florida (47% - 3% ppt less than before). This is an increase. Hence, authors argument fails miserably.
(E) The number of people who left Florida when they retired to live in another state was greater last year than it was ten years ago. - INCORRECT - sort of strengthens the argument

Kudos [?]: 271 [1], given: 8

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 25 Aug 2011
Posts: 198

Kudos [?]: 376 [0], given: 11

Location: India
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
WE: Operations (Insurance)
Re: In the United States, of the people who moved from one state [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Dec 2011, 12:16
7
This post was
BOOKMARKED
In the United States, of the people who moved from one state to another when they retired, the percentage who retired to Florida has decreased by three percentage points over the past ten years. Since many local businesses in Florida cater to retirees, this decline is likely to have a noticeable negative economic effect on these businesses.
Which of the follow, if true, most seriously weakens the argument?

A.Florida attracts more people who move from one state to another when they retire than does any other state.
B.The number of people who move out of Florida to accept employment in other states has increased over the past ten years.
C.There are more local businesses in Florida that cater to tourists than there are local businesses that cater to retirees.
D.The total number of people who retired and move to another state fro their retirement has increased significantly over the past ten years.
E.The number of people who left Florida when they retired to live in another state was greater last year than it was ten years ago.

Can anybody explain why D?

Kudos [?]: 376 [0], given: 11

1 KUDOS received
BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
Status: Flying over the cloud!
Joined: 17 Aug 2011
Posts: 888

Kudos [?]: 722 [1], given: 44

Location: Viet Nam
Concentration: International Business, Marketing
GMAT Date: 06-06-2014
GPA: 3.07
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: In the United States, of the people who moved from one state [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Dec 2011, 20:16
1
This post received
KUDOS
2
This post was
BOOKMARKED
devinawilliam83 wrote:
In the United States, of the people who moved from one state to another when they retired, the percentage who retired to Florida has decreased by three percentage points over the past ten years. Since many local businesses in Florida cater to retirees, this decline is likely to have a noticeable negative economic effect on these businesses.
Which of the follow, if true, most seriously weakens the argument?

A.Florida attracts more people who move from one state to another when they retire than does any other state.
B.The number of people who move out of Florida to accept employment in other states has increased over the past ten years.
C.There are more local businesses in Florida that cater to tourists than there are local businesses that cater to retirees.
D.The total number of people who retired and move to another state fro their retirement has increased significantly over the past ten years.
E.The number of people who left Florida when they retired to live in another state was greater last year than it was ten years ago.

Can anybody explain why D?


Premise: Retirees will move to another state (after they stop working)

Premise 2: The percentage of Florida retirees decrease 3 % during past 10 years

Premise 3: Almost businesses in Florida are serving retirees

Conclusion: This decline (decrease 3%) is likely to have a noticeable negative economic effect on these businesses.

This argument assumes the retirees who originated in Florida will work for cater to retirees.

This assumption is contradict with the premise 1. The choice D states that

"The total number of people who retired and move to another state fro their retirement has increased significantly over the past ten years."

This statement means that many retirees in other states will move to Florida to use the service in retirees caters. This number will be larger than the number decrease from the 3% decrease in retirees in Florida. (This number is compatible with premise 1 subtract to the number in the premise 2) that will suite with premise 3 ==> conclusion that the business in Florida will get benefits rather than negative effects
_________________

Rules for posting in verbal gmat forum, read it before posting anything in verbal forum
Giving me + 1 kudos if my post is valuable with you :)

The more you like my post, the more you share to other's need

CR: Focus of the Week: Must be True Question

Kudos [?]: 722 [1], given: 44

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 25 Aug 2011
Posts: 198

Kudos [?]: 376 [0], given: 11

Location: India
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
WE: Operations (Insurance)
Re: In the United States, of the people who moved from one state [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2011, 04:53
tuanquang269 wrote:
devinawilliam83 wrote:
In the United States, of the people who moved from one state to another when they retired, the percentage who retired to Florida has decreased by three percentage points over the past ten years. Since many local businesses in Florida cater to retirees, this decline is likely to have a noticeable negative economic effect on these businesses.
Which of the follow, if true, most seriously weakens the argument?

A.Florida attracts more people who move from one state to another when they retire than does any other state.
B.The number of people who move out of Florida to accept employment in other states has increased over the past ten years.
C.There are more local businesses in Florida that cater to tourists than there are local businesses that cater to retirees.
D.The total number of people who retired and move to another state fro their retirement has increased significantly over the past ten years.
E.The number of people who left Florida when they retired to live in another state was greater last year than it was ten years ago.

Can anybody explain why D?


Premise: Retirees will move to another state (after they stop working)

Premise 2: The percentage of Florida retirees decrease 3 % during past 10 years

Premise 3: Almost businesses in Florida are serving retirees

Conclusion: This decline (decrease 3%) is likely to have a noticeable negative economic effect on these businesses.

This argument assumes the retirees who originated in Florida will work for cater to retirees.

This assumption is contradict with the premise 1. The choice D states that

"The total number of people who retired and move to another state fro their retirement has increased significantly over the past ten years."

This statement means that many retirees in other states will move to Florida to use the service in retirees caters. This number will be larger than the number decrease from the 3% decrease in retirees in Florida. (This number is compatible with premise 1 subtract to the number in the premise 2) that will suite with premise 3 ==> conclusion that the business in Florida will get benefits rather than negative effects



Get it now, Thanks

Kudos [?]: 376 [0], given: 11

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 02 Feb 2012
Posts: 204

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 105

Location: United States
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.08
Re: In the United States, of the people who moved from one state [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2012, 19:50
Posted this without noticing the two pages! My logic seems quite redundant and similar to the post above!

The reason why I chose D was because it implies that the total volume of people moving into florida may have increased, regardless of the drop of 3%. Say 100 people moved to another state for retirement 10 years ago, and 10% went to Florida, total = 10 people. But with the information provided by D, the total number of people moving has increased, so lets say 100 became 200. If the number of people who moved to Florida dropped by 3% points to 7%, the total would now b 14, and increase compared to 10 years ago.

Hope my rationale makes sense!

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 105

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 01 Nov 2010
Posts: 173

Kudos [?]: 51 [0], given: 20

Location: Zürich, Switzerland
Re: In the United States, of the people who moved from one state [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Feb 2012, 16:26
Still did not get how answer D is correct.
D) The total number of people who retired and move to another state fro their retirement has increased significantly over the past ten years.


How does this prevent the decline and therby the negative economic impact?

Kudos [?]: 51 [0], given: 20

Re: In the United States, of the people who moved from one state   [#permalink] 29 Feb 2012, 16:26

Go to page    1   2   3    Next  [ 41 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

In the United States, of the people who moved from one state

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.