Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 00:09 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 00:09

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 600 Q44 V38
GPA: 3.63
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 3801 [0]
Given Kudos: 182
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 540 Q45 V20
GPA: 2.49
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: INFORMATION STUDY PLAN GMAT [#permalink]
HKD1710 wrote:
andreafranci wrote:
Dear all,

I have studied on magoosh, very interesting (not detailed); however i improved from 350 to 530-550. I need to get at least 650. I have one month and half to improve; because of university admission. Could you please help me? I would study hard on MGMAT; would you think it is suitable? my hard topic are: Reading (verbal), very low...and word problem (math). Math generally I rarely get lower than 42..However verbal (SC+Cr Always higher than 28/30 in both) RC is a disaster...10/15... Could you please help me?

Thank you :-) :-)

Hi andreafranci,

Here are few pointers that would help you:

READING: When reading is a problem then reading needs to be done. You need to become comfortable with reading. Read 1.5-2 hours every day. here are some sources:
1. Harvard Magazine
2. Newyorker
3. scientificamerican.com
4. The University of Chicago Magazine
5. The Wall Street
6. The Economist

If sources like above are boring then here is the list of good novels to read from:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/books-to-rea ... 76079.html

RC:
for those who are not avid readers, RC is one of the most time taking and complex section to improve on. you need to do 2-3 RCs everyday. You might anything from study in a day but do not miss out on doing 2-3 RCs every single day. That's the key.
Official RCs are amazing. Do all the RCs from OG10/12/13/15/16/17/18 and Verbal Review. Go through the explanations for each answer choice. After doing this you will start understanding how to eliminate the choices. Not only in RC but in entire Verbal POE is MUST. Do not look for the right answer choice, rather do the POE.

Words problems: This you can improve with practice. Look at the silly mistakes. Most of the times we forget what is actually asked. While choosing variable name for rate, choose r instead of x or y.

Have a look at "Word Problems Made Easy", "Work' Word Problems Made Easy", "Distance/Speed/Time' Word Problems Made Easy" and "HOW TO IMPROVE YOUR QUANT SCORE" on the following thread.
https://gmatclub.com/forum/all-you-need ... 40445.html

Another thread to look at:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/ultimate-gma ... 44512.html

SC & CR: if these are your strengths then do not stop practicing them. Do at least couple of questions on these also from official sources and write the TAKEAWAYS.

Most importantly - Do less questions and learn everything possible from those questions. Revise everyday!

Hope this helps you :)

Helpful. Thanks

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 3801 [0]
Given Kudos: 182
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 540 Q45 V20
GPA: 2.49
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
VijayRocky wrote:
HKD1710 wrote:
andreafranci wrote:
Dear all,

I have studied on magoosh, very interesting (not detailed); however i improved from 350 to 530-550. I need to get at least 650. I have one month and half to improve; because of university admission. Could you please help me? I would study hard on MGMAT; would you think it is suitable? my hard topic are: Reading (verbal), very low...and word problem (math). Math generally I rarely get lower than 42..However verbal (SC+Cr Always higher than 28/30 in both) RC is a disaster...10/15... Could you please help me?

Hi andreafranci,

Here are few pointers that would help you:

READING: When reading is a problem then reading needs to be done. You need to become comfortable with reading. Read 1.5-2 hours every day. here are some sources:
1. Harvard Magazine
2. Newyorker
3. scientificamerican.com
4. The University of Chicago Magazine
5. The Wall Street
6. The Economist

If sources like above are boring then here is the list of good novels to read from:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/books-to-rea ... 76079.html

RC:
for those who are not avid readers, RC is one of the most time taking and complex section to improve on. you need to do 2-3 RCs everyday. You might anything from study in a day but do not miss out on doing 2-3 RCs every single day. That's the key.
Official RCs are amazing. Do all the RCs from OG10/12/13/15/16/17/18 and Verbal Review. Go through the explanations for each answer choice. After doing this you will start understanding how to eliminate the choices. Not only in RC but in entire Verbal POE is MUST. Do not look for the right answer choice, rather do the POE.

Words problems: This you can improve with practice. Look at the silly mistakes. Most of the times we forget what is actually asked. While choosing variable name for rate, choose r instead of x or y.

Have a look at "Word Problems Made Easy", "Work' Word Problems Made Easy", "Distance/Speed/Time' Word Problems Made Easy" and "HOW TO IMPROVE YOUR QUANT SCORE" on the following thread.
https://gmatclub.com/forum/all-you-need ... 40445.html

Another thread to look at:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/ultimate-gma ... 44512.html

SC & CR: if these are your strengths then do not stop practicing them. Do at least couple of questions on these also from official sources and write the TAKEAWAYS.

Most importantly - Do less questions and learn everything possible from those questions. Revise everyday!

Hope this helps you :)

Helpful. Thanks

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Glad that it helped. If there is any specific question, please ask :)
GRE Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 32897 [0]
Given Kudos: 5776
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
Expert Reply
andreafranci wrote:
Dear all,

Hello

As you have left one and half month so yo cannot carry o with 5 MGMAT Guides within time constraint
You can read Manhattan World Problem Guides and Reading Comprehension guide of Manhattan GMAT
RC Guide of Manhattan RC Guide is an average guide you can follow GMAT Ninja Posts also for RC and
watch Ron Videos
GMAT Club Bot