Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 12:26 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 12:26

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GPA: 3.44
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.76
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Technology
Send PM
Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
just received email from JS, pre-selected for interview! no interview details yet though.

Good luck to all the fellow R2s! one more week to go!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V36
GPA: 4
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Victor77 wrote:
Hey Guys,

Had been trolling these pages for sometime. Congratulations to those accepted & best wishes to those applied for R2.

Given the discussion on GMAT scores (specially given im an Indian applicant), needed your opinions on my situation.

First my profile, Indian/Male/31, Mumbai (grew up in Saudi Arabia), above average-ish Acads, total Work-ex 7yrs mainly in international credit research (3.5 yrs in Global rating agency, 2yrs+ in bulge bracket FI; 1 yr prop equity trading in Saudi).

My problem is my GMAT scores:
Attempt 1: 660, Q46 V35.
Attempt 2: 640, Q37 V41

My heart was really set on applying for R3 Jan'14 (until I saw my score) & i wont be able to give the GMAT again before the deadline. Would it be foolish to waste my one shot with Insead with low GMAT scores & in R3? Would the fact that i have already got 70%tile in Quants in my earlier attempt help me out. Or should i just try for a better/balanced score then apply? Not looking forward to delaying my application.

Appreciate your two cents on this. Thanks in advance.

My recommendation is to retake GMAT. Your business background implies that you should a have high GMAT score. You already had nice scores in Q and V, so prepare and do it in one shot to get above 700.

With this you'll only become on pair with the rest of the applicant pool. to stand out, you should ace your essays
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.76
Send PM
cyberhawk wrote:
Victor77 wrote:
Hey Guys,

Had been trolling these pages for sometime. Congratulations to those accepted & best wishes to those applied for R2.

Given the discussion on GMAT scores (specially given im an Indian applicant), needed your opinions on my situation.

First my profile, Indian/Male/31, Mumbai (grew up in Saudi Arabia), above average-ish Acads, total Work-ex 7yrs mainly in international credit research (3.5 yrs in Global rating agency, 2yrs+ in bulge bracket FI; 1 yr prop equity trading in Saudi).

My problem is my GMAT scores:
Attempt 1: 660, Q46 V35.
Attempt 2: 640, Q37 V41

My heart was really set on applying for R3 Jan'14 (until I saw my score) & i wont be able to give the GMAT again before the deadline. Would it be foolish to waste my one shot with Insead with low GMAT scores & in R3? Would the fact that i have already got 70%tile in Quants in my earlier attempt help me out. Or should i just try for a better/balanced score then apply? Not looking forward to delaying my application.

Appreciate your two cents on this. Thanks in advance.

My recommendation is to retake GMAT. Your business background implies that you should a have high GMAT score. You already had nice scores in Q and V, so prepare and do it in one shot to get above 700.

With this you'll only become on pair with the rest of the applicant pool. to stand out, you should ace your essays

His break down is nice too. If you can get 49++ on the Q, you should be okay on GMAT, what is your GPA
Manager
Manager
Send PM
i got the mail a week back but no interviewer details yet. I think it might be bit tough to find a committed alumni in my town + its vacation season so it will take longer.

blackpea wrote:
just received email from JS, pre-selected for interview! no interview details yet though.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
blackpea wrote:

Congratulation buddy! You got it late at night?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
docks007 wrote:
i got the mail a week back but no interviewer details yet. I think it might be bit tough to find a committed alumni in my town + its vacation season so it will take longer.

blackpea wrote:

well, more time to prepare right :) even though there are people who say there's no need to prepare much, but it is always good to have your resume, essays stories rehearsed again.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Sherman88 wrote:
blackpea wrote:

yah, got it around 11pm Singapore time last night. good luck to you! keep me posted if you hear any news!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
blackpea wrote:
Sherman88 wrote:
blackpea wrote:

yah, got it around 11pm Singapore time last night. good luck to you! keep me posted if you hear any news!

Of course I will. Chances getting slimmer with each day here and considering their 'Tuesday' is over, you know what I mean...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Sherman88 wrote:

Of course I will. Chances getting slimmer with each day here and considering their 'Tuesday' is over, you know what I mean...

let's have faith and pray, Sherman
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
WE:Project Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Hai.. Can anyone pl tell me whether I could apply for Jan 2015 intake now even though the R3 for Jan'14 will be over by Aug'13.. Probably I will complete my application by Sep'13.. Will the essays be same or they change every year??. Someone pl guide me on this.

Thanks.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
hariprasad wrote:
Hai.. Can anyone pl tell me whether I could apply for Jan 2015 intake now even though the R3 for Jan'14 will be over by Aug'13.. Probably I will complete my application by Sep'13.. Will the essays be same or they change every year??. Someone pl guide me on this.

Thanks.

current essay topics were the same for a while, but no one can guarantee you that they will be the same in the future. as for the possibility to apply early, the best way is to check from official sources like Ask the Admissions or directly call to Adcom
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I hope I dont get the details for atleast 1 more week :-D I am not prepared yet. These guys who are saying not to prepare must have prepared day and night like dogs and now trying their best to look COOL 8-)

blackpea wrote:
docks007 wrote:

well, more time to prepare right :) even though there are people who say there's no need to prepare much, but it is always good to have your resume, essays stories rehearsed again.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
docks007 wrote:
I hope I dont get the details for atleast 1 more week :-D I am not prepared yet. These guys who are saying not to prepare must have prepared day and night like dogs and now trying their best to look COOL 8-)

blackpea wrote:
docks007 wrote:

agree, totally :-D
Manager
Manager
Send PM
docks007 wrote:

blackpea wrote:
docks007 wrote:

this is one of the cool things you get after admission. you look cool lol

if seriously, there is no need for preparation. i did rehearse my cv story because english is not my native and it could happen that alumnus would be a foreigner. other than that, just know your story and be able to provide details
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Good luck to all the fellow R2s! one more week to go![/quote]

Congratulation buddy! You got it late at night?[/quote]

yah, got it around 11pm Singapore time last night. good luck to you! keep me posted if you hear any news![/quote]

Of course I will. Chances getting slimmer with each day here and considering their 'Tuesday' is over, you know what I mean...[/quote]

What's the significance of a 'Tuesday'?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
sniggykols wrote:
What's the significance of a 'Tuesday'?

We noticed that every new wave of communication (confirmation, pre-selection, interview details, admission calls) usually starts on Tuesday. Majority of admits received a call on Tuesday.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Got my pre-selection for the interviews today, and the details off the interviewers as well. This is really fascinating, I'm really excited to do these interviews!

Good luck to all other participants!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  83   84   85   86   87  ...  134   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts