Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 04:56 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 04:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tags:
Find Similar Topics  Add a Tag
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [1]
Given Kudos: 14
Schools: Booth '20 (M)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72876 [0]
Given Kudos: 18863
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: INSEAD vs Tuck - Urgent! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
These are very different programs and experiences.... it is not like we are picking between Sloan, Tuck, and Haas luckily.

Insead is I
Educate recruiting which may not be a scary thing for someone like you who is more seasoned. Tuck of course is a traditional mba experience with 2 years and an internship in between. If you are not looking to settle in the US, then go to Insead.

PS. I would recommend looking up more doscussions about Insead and Tuck in this forum (you can click the Similar Topics link above or just use the tags. https://gmatclub.com/forum/search.php?s ... tag_id=417 for Insead for example.

Good Luck!

Posted from my mobile device
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [3]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
You can't go wrong with INSEAD or Tuck so congrats on getting into both! INSEAD is more known outside the US (and is known as a very international school). Within the US Tuck & INSEAD are considered equally prestigious although Tuck is definitely known more for general management/collaboration while INSEAD is thought of as more international school. Your experience at each will be very different as well. INSEAD is way more international whereas Tuck is a small, strong, somewhat less diverse community in a very small town.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 80 [4]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
WE:Business Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
****Bias alert****

Think all feedback is correct. Think your choice has a lot to do on location preferences. If you want to stay in the US, don't complicate your life, and go to Tuck. I went to INSEAD and did get an internship and a job in the US, but it involved more hustling than if I were a Tuck student for sure. If you want to work outside the US, go for INSEAD.

INSEAD is known by recruiters from big MBA feeders in the US, but that's about it. Don't expect to tell people in a bar you went to INSEAD and them knowing what it is, but it is widely and highly recognized globally outside the US. I would argue the exact opposite for Tuck (Tuck brand equity is not the same as Dartmouth for sure).

As for culture, can only speak for INSEAD, and it is amazing, super collaborative, and full of high achieving, humble people. While I don't know Tuck, I only heard good things about it.

Ultimately, it is definitely a not regrets move to go to either program, so would choose on geographical reach.

All the best!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [2]
Given Kudos: 65
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V41
Send PM
Kudos
You should be least worried about INSEAD's brand recognition with MBB. It's their top feeder school. If location is not an issue then you shouldn't drop the #1 school in the world (as you mentioned).

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
1131 posts