GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 26 May 2020, 03:03

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

INSEAD WAITLIST September 2014 Intake

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Re: INSEAD WAITLIST September 2014 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 May 2014, 18:55
That's great. It seems there is a lot of movement in the waitlist. All this movement from waitlist or from round 3?

I do hope there are more calls to be made today/tmrw and wish my phone rings with a +33 number.this wait is killing..good luck to all...
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 08 May 2014, 08:00
bizschul wrote:
That's great. It seems there is a lot of movement in the waitlist. All this movement from waitlist or from round 3?

I do hope there are more calls to be made today/tmrw and wish my phone rings with a +33 number.this wait is killing..good luck to all...

Count has gone up to 420 from 411, I guess that's because of both waitlist and early admit activity.
Anyways, that's another day gone !

and here is the INSEAD 16J Admit's official FB page

https://www.facebook.com/groups/770211699727337
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 08 May 2014, 08:29
Hey guys, quick question for those of you who applied for this year class. Do final results (admits/denial) come out only at the final deadline or can we expect to receive an update a few days / weeks earlier?

Many thanks!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.52
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 08 May 2014, 09:14
docks wrote:
peterma23 wrote:
Just received an email this morning from TC with the good news.

Great news, Congrats !

Can you share your location, application round and followup action please?
Much appreciate !

I'm based in Los Angeles and applied during R2. I'm starting in Fonty!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 08 May 2014, 21:13
Any other waitlisters who got in?
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38

Show Tags

New post 09 May 2014, 00:55
Congrats Peter, From LA too but in UK atm.

Can anyone provide the number on mbaconnect today? Thanks a bunch
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 09 May 2014, 01:26
j0ey wrote:

and here is the INSEAD 16J Admit's official FB page

https://www.facebook.com/groups/770211699727337
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V38

Show Tags

New post 09 May 2014, 07:59
docks wrote:
j0ey wrote:

Thanks,and the number of Chinese with gender split?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 09 May 2014, 13:02
Apologies for asking these questions as some may seem trivial to you.

1) When you speak about mba connect, do you mean the official web site of INSEAD? i.e. already admitted students are checking the stats and (kindly) posting them here for us? If so, this means currently 421 people have been admitted as a fact? (congrats to all of you!)

2) Has anyone been rejected yet for Sept 2014 intake Round 3 and/or rejected from the wait list (sorry to ask as I realize this may be painful, then again those individuals may be busy with re-applications rather than coming back to this forum - good luck to you, wish you all the best).

3) Would you know if INSEAD notifies people only through their France office? Or has anyone received emails/phone calls from Singapore?
(I am asking cause three consecutive Thursday this year are public holidays in France and my French friends have assured me that MOST people in France take off Friday as a bridge day. Thus, France has three "long weekends" this month.)

4) Some of you use abbreviations saying you received a call from "TS". I have seen some other abbreviations, none of which I recognized. What does that mean?
I am asking as I have had correspondence with three people from INSEAD's admissions committee (all based in France), none of which matched the abbreviations posted here. In fact, I had searched and didn't find any of the people I spoke to and/or e-mailed abbreviated on this forum. Yet those were the people who send feedback to me (such as invitation for interviews). So I wondered, do these abbreviation stand for names (I may not know) or something else. How many people are there to notify prospective students?

5) Has anyone of you applied in R3 and already been accepted (or rejected)?

Good luck to the rest of us who are still waiting.

I have done some research and come to the following conclusion, assuming 421 is the right number of firmly admitted and accepted students:

Over the last few years (that is Jan and Sept) INSEAD has admitted on average 500 students. The range was something like 480-510 if I am not mistaken according to this web site. If we use the 500 average, and currently 421 accepted students, it leaves us with only 79 to be notified. By the way, on average 40% start in Singapore and 60% in France. This has been (almost) bang on for all the previous years.

Now, INSEAD claims that each round is fair and takes about the same number of students. Assuming that is the case, then about 166 or 167 students are admitted per round on the basis of a total 500. Since 79 are yet to be admitted this means about 42% of R3 are yet to be admitted.
If we were to take 510 as a benchmark of total students, then the maths gets a bit easier. 170 students per round. And 89 yet to be admitted (52% of R3).

This also means that the vast majority has been admitted already and that only 16-17% of the total class are yet to hear back. But it also means that about half of R3 have heard back whilst the other half is still awaiting answers.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 09 May 2014, 17:28
Hi,

I also applied in R3 and haven't heard back either but that seems normal to me:
- official website says we'll hear back at the end of the month
- as pointed out before, 3 bank holidays indeed

Wait listed people might hear back before then but when it comes to R3 applicants technically we haven't even been wait listed yet. I assume the committee who has to review our applications might meet next week? Also, keep in mind some people had their interviews maybe a month after you did so the whole R3 batch couldn't have been processed earlier. I know we're all waiting to find out what's happening but for now we just have to be patient :)
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 09 May 2014, 23:55
yetanotherapplicant wrote:
I assume the committee who has to review our applications might meet next week? Also, keep in mind some people had their interviews maybe a month after you did so the whole R3 batch couldn't have been processed earlier. I know we're all waiting to find out what's happening but for now we just have to be patient :)

I don't know the details of how the committee works. But I would be surprised that they "start reviewing" the files just next week.
That would give them a week or so for the candidates. I assume they have reviewed a lot of files and rank them. But before making final decisions they have to at least go through all files once.

INSEAD's web site says that between each step of the process you hear back within six weeks.
In my case I heard back regarding interviews much earlier cause I had applied earlier. Also, if you look at R1 and R2 there are many people who hear back way ahead of the deadlines that they have been admitted.

At the end this is all speculation 8-) Two more weeks and everything should be clear.
At least it is kind of reassuring that no one from R3 seems to have heard back.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 May 2014, 04:15
Yes, I didn't mean that they would start reviewing our files this week, I meant for the final decision. I guess their decision gets harder near the end, because for the first rounds they can just wait list more people but by now they've reviewed all files at least once.

By the way, if you look at the INSEAD website it's been updated: it seems like from next year they will have 4 rounds instead of 3.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 May 2014, 05:27
By the way, if you look at the INSEAD website it's been updated: it seems like from next year they will have 4 rounds instead of 3.

Indeed interesting. I guess they continuously update and change things. Haven't seen any other school doing 4 rounds.

I have heard that even R3 candidates sometimes get "wait listed". Assume that is then for the next class intake rather than the same class.

Would you know when exactly the Sept class starts? I had read something like 25 August. Thus, you'd probably need to start relocating end of July/beginning of August.
Any idea? I searched INSEAD's FAQ but couldn't find anything.

I guess R3 candidates have a hard time as they have not much time to plan.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Insead '14 (M)

Show Tags

New post 10 May 2014, 17:32
BabySmurf wrote:

Indeed interesting. I guess they continuously update and change things. Haven't seen any other school doing 4 rounds.

I have heard that even R3 candidates sometimes get "wait listed". Assume that is then for the next class intake rather than the same class.

Would you know when exactly the Sept class starts? I had read something like 25 August. Thus, you'd probably need to start relocating end of July/beginning of August.
Any idea? I searched INSEAD's FAQ but couldn't find anything.

I guess R3 candidates have a hard time as they have not much time to plan.

School starts on Aug 25 and Business Fundamentals (optional) starts the week before.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
GPA: 3.6

Show Tags

New post 10 May 2014, 17:45
In terms of dates and deadlines between the campusfrance process (mandatory) and then Visa process it's a minimum 5 week process at least in the US to get everything to go. Not sure if that helps anyone.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
GPA: 3.6

Show Tags

New post 10 May 2014, 18:09
Also as a clarification to the last question posted, the wait list ends officially the day classes start there is no carryover as was suggested per the admissions officer as all applicants are only eligible for the term they applied. All the best to everyone.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 12 May 2014, 21:58
when is the final decision notification for r3 round, as per the site?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.75
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 13 May 2014, 00:50
That is on 23rd May 2014
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 13 May 2014, 03:25
i think one of the key competitor of INSEAD is LBS. R3 decisions for LBS come on 15th May and they also have a round 4 for which decisions come on 26th June. So you may see some waitlist movement based on events near about these 2 dates.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 13 May 2014, 03:25
i think one of the key competitor of INSEAD is LBS. R3 decisions for LBS come on 15th May and they also have a round 4 for which decisions come on 26th June. So you may see some waitlist movement based on events near about these 2 dates.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: INSEAD WAITLIST September 2014 Intake   [#permalink] 13 May 2014, 03:25

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  9   10   11   12   13   14   15  ...  22    Next  [ 440 posts ] 

INSEAD WAITLIST September 2014 Intake

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: MBAPrepCoach, Hideto, pabpinor