GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 23 Jul 2018, 03:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

INSEAD with 20K scholarship vs SDA Bocconi with 36k scholarhip

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 01 Jul 2009
Posts: 202
GMAT ToolKit User
INSEAD with 20K scholarship vs SDA Bocconi with 36k scholarhip  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Apr 2018, 04:30
Hello All!

I have a tough dilemma: INSEAD with 20K EUR scholarship or SDA Bocconi with 36k EUR scholarship. Because INSEAD's MBA is more expensive, the total difference in tuition fees after scholarships is around 43k EUR.

I am currently based in UAE working in industry (non-Arabic speaker) and plan to go into consulting (targeting MBB firms) after graduation and work in Dubai office. Do you think it's worth borrowing extra 43k EUR to attend INSEAD and increase my chances of getting into McKinsey/BCG/Bain?

Thanks!
_________________

Consider giving Kudos if you like the post.

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 09 Oct 2017
Posts: 20
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
Re: INSEAD with 20K scholarship vs SDA Bocconi with 36k scholarhip  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Apr 2018, 03:08
Feels like a no brainer INSEAD decision.

- Much better placement worldwide
- Higher salaries (ROI)
- Much better consulting placement to MBB

Congrats on getting a scholarship.
SVP
SVP
User avatar
P
Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Posts: 1730
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: INSEAD with 20K scholarship vs SDA Bocconi with 36k scholarhip  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Apr 2018, 04:26
GMAT888 wrote:
Hello All!

I have a tough dilemma: INSEAD with 20K EUR scholarship or SDA Bocconi with 36k EUR scholarship. Because INSEAD's MBA is more expensive, the total difference in tuition fees after scholarships is around 43k EUR.

I am currently based in UAE working in industry (non-Arabic speaker) and plan to go into consulting (targeting MBB firms) after graduation and work in Dubai office. Do you think it's worth borrowing extra 43k EUR to attend INSEAD and increase my chances of getting into McKinsey/BCG/Bain?

Thanks!


INSEAD is consulting super powerhouse. Wherever you apply with INSEAD, you will have opportunities for interview. You could think about it as investment. Just a note, I do not think that going to MBB in Dubai or Abu Dhabi is a good choice. I heard the salaries and compensation is not that much. You can review glass door for more info.
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
User avatar
V
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 17086
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: INSEAD with 20K scholarship vs SDA Bocconi with 36k scholarhip  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Apr 2018, 04:28
I vote for Insead. Getting in with a scholarship is a great end result. Congrats!

Posted from my mobile device
_________________

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan


Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 09 Oct 2017
Posts: 20
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
INSEAD with 20K scholarship vs SDA Bocconi with 36k scholarhip  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Apr 2018, 09:08
Mo2men wrote:
GMAT888 wrote:
Hello All!

I have a tough dilemma: INSEAD with 20K EUR scholarship or SDA Bocconi with 36k EUR scholarship. Because INSEAD's MBA is more expensive, the total difference in tuition fees after scholarships is around 43k EUR.

I am currently based in UAE working in industry (non-Arabic speaker) and plan to go into consulting (targeting MBB firms) after graduation and work in Dubai office. Do you think it's worth borrowing extra 43k EUR to attend INSEAD and increase my chances of getting into McKinsey/BCG/Bain?

Thanks!


Actually quite the opposite. Consulting salaries in the UAE are really high and there is virtually no tax.

See the INSEAD employment report: https://www.insead.edu/sites/default/fi ... istics.pdf
SVP
SVP
User avatar
P
Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Posts: 1730
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: INSEAD with 20K scholarship vs SDA Bocconi with 36k scholarhip  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Apr 2018, 11:23
Naj wrote:

Actually quite the opposite. Consulting salaries in the UAE are really high and there is virtually no tax.

See the INSEAD employment report: https://www.insead.edu/sites/default/fi ... istics.pdf


The salaries seems lucrative :-) I had friend who once had interview with McKinsey in Dubai and was not that much at all. Also, what i know is that the culture is not the same. Although there is no tax, there is a big discussion to apply it but no due date till now.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 01 Jul 2009
Posts: 202
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: INSEAD with 20K scholarship vs SDA Bocconi with 36k scholarhip  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2018, 17:25
Thanks for the replies everyone!

Indeed, salaries in UAE are high. But even more than that, you don't share anything with uncle SAM, so 100% of it goes to your pocket (vs working in London and paying 40-50% tax). So it makes me think that the initial investment in the form of a loan will probably pay back pretty fast so I am also more inclined towards INSEAD.
_________________

Consider giving Kudos if you like the post.

Re: INSEAD with 20K scholarship vs SDA Bocconi with 36k scholarhip &nbs [#permalink] 08 Apr 2018, 17:25
Display posts from previous: Sort by

INSEAD with 20K scholarship vs SDA Bocconi with 36k scholarhip

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.