Last visit was: 17 Jul 2024, 07:12 It is currently 17 Jul 2024, 07:12
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Director
Director
Joined: 05 Jan 2020
Status:Admitted to IIM Shillong (PGPEx 2023-24)
Affiliations: CFA Institute; ICAI; BCAS
Posts: 521
Own Kudos [?]: 576 [0]
Given Kudos: 694
Location: India
WE 2: EA to CFO (Consumer Products)
GPA: 3.78
WE:Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Director
Director
Joined: 05 Jan 2020
Status:Admitted to IIM Shillong (PGPEx 2023-24)
Affiliations: CFA Institute; ICAI; BCAS
Posts: 521
Own Kudos [?]: 576 [0]
Given Kudos: 694
Location: India
WE 2: EA to CFO (Consumer Products)
GPA: 3.78
WE:Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
GRE Forum Moderator
Joined: 02 Nov 2016
Posts: 14066
Own Kudos [?]: 36556 [0]
Given Kudos: 5830
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
Director
Director
Joined: 05 Jan 2020
Status:Admitted to IIM Shillong (PGPEx 2023-24)
Affiliations: CFA Institute; ICAI; BCAS
Posts: 521
Own Kudos [?]: 576 [0]
Given Kudos: 694
Location: India
WE 2: EA to CFO (Consumer Products)
GPA: 3.78
WE:Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Re: Introducing GMAT Club Rewards (beta) [#permalink]
Sajjad1994 wrote:
Kushchokhani wrote:

bb Bunuel abhimahna

unlike reward points, kudos does not separately show qualifying vs redeemable. this leads to confusion and valid query raised above regarding whether to earn 125 or 100 kudos to achieve diamond status? If anyone has experience with this, please share it.


The short answer is 200 Kudos to achieve diamond status

Bronze 0 kudos
Silver 25 kudos
Gold 50 kudos
Platinum 100 kudos
Diamond 200 kudos


Hi, I mean to ask that if I already had 100 kudos before redemption but then redeemed 25 kudos for GC Tests bringing redeemable kudos to 75. Now to reach Gold tier from the current level, should I earn more 125 kudos or 100 would suffice?
GRE Forum Moderator
Joined: 02 Nov 2016
Posts: 14066
Own Kudos [?]: 36556 [0]
Given Kudos: 5830
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
Re: Introducing GMAT Club Rewards (beta) [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Kushchokhani wrote:
Further, please let us know whether 50% discount on GC test subscription renewal is applicable if kudos/points redeemed? I mean renewal by just 13 kudos/ half the reward points?


Wow! There is no discount on redeeming points/kudos

PS: Redeeming points or Kudos is itself a discount by which one pays nothing. So you are looking for a discount on something which is already free?
GRE Forum Moderator
Joined: 02 Nov 2016
Posts: 14066
Own Kudos [?]: 36556 [0]
Given Kudos: 5830
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
Re: Introducing GMAT Club Rewards (beta) [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Kushchokhani wrote:
Sajjad1994 wrote:
Kushchokhani wrote:

bb Bunuel abhimahna

unlike reward points, kudos does not separately show qualifying vs redeemable. this leads to confusion and valid query raised above regarding whether to earn 125 or 100 kudos to achieve diamond status? If anyone has experience with this, please share it.


The short answer is 200 Kudos to achieve diamond status

Bronze 0 kudos
Silver 25 kudos
Gold 50 kudos
Platinum 100 kudos
Diamond 200 kudos


Hi, I mean to ask that if I already had 100 kudos before redemption but then redeemed 25 kudos for GC Tests bringing redeemable kudos to 75. Now to reach Gold tier from the current level, should I earn more 125 kudos or 100 would suffice?


One must have a Kudos balance of:

Bronze 0 kudos
Silver 25 kudos
Gold 50 kudos
Platinum 100 kudos
Diamond 200 kudos


Simply look at how many kudos you have in your pocket "Current status of Kudos"

If you had 100 and redeemed 25 and now have 75 it means you have 75 kudos and not 100.
GRE Forum Moderator
Joined: 02 Nov 2016
Posts: 14066
Own Kudos [?]: 36556 [0]
Given Kudos: 5830
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
Re: Introducing GMAT Club Rewards (beta) [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Kushchokhani wrote:
I had taken the actual GMAT exam before the course so shall I mention that with 0 score improvement?


Without eating something from a restaurant will you tell someone that the food there was bad?

0 score improvement means is that the course was very bad, while in reality, you haven't taken the course.
Director
Director
Joined: 05 Jan 2020
Status:Admitted to IIM Shillong (PGPEx 2023-24)
Affiliations: CFA Institute; ICAI; BCAS
Posts: 521
Own Kudos [?]: 576 [0]
Given Kudos: 694
Location: India
WE 2: EA to CFO (Consumer Products)
GPA: 3.78
WE:Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Re: Introducing GMAT Club Rewards (beta) [#permalink]
Sajjad1994 wrote:
Kushchokhani wrote:
I had taken the actual GMAT exam before the course so shall I mention that with 0 score improvement?


Without eating something from a restaurant will you tell someone that the food there was bad?

0 score improvement means is that the course was very bad, while in reality, you haven't taken the course.


I am evaluating an option to earn $10 Amazon GV / 1 month GC Test by reviewing the course that I had purchased, though just used 10% of it. But GMAT score and score improvement seems to be a mandatory field. Is there any way out?
Founder
Founder
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 37819
Own Kudos [?]: 74177 [0]
Given Kudos: 20221
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: Introducing GMAT Club Rewards (beta) [#permalink]
Expert Reply
We would like you to submit a review after you receive your GMAT score. It’s not really helpful if you haven’t improve your score or finish the course. The goal is to have a helpful review rather than to give you a $10 gift card 😇


Kushchokhani wrote:
Sajjad1994 wrote:
Kushchokhani wrote:
I had taken the actual GMAT exam before the course so shall I mention that with 0 score improvement?


Without eating something from a restaurant will you tell someone that the food there was bad?

0 score improvement means is that the course was very bad, while in reality, you haven't taken the course.


I am evaluating an option to earn $10 Amazon GV / 1 month GC Test by reviewing the course that I had purchased, though just used 10% of it. But GMAT score and score improvement seems to be a mandatory field. Is there any way out?


Posted from my mobile device
Director
Director
Joined: 05 Jan 2020
Status:Admitted to IIM Shillong (PGPEx 2023-24)
Affiliations: CFA Institute; ICAI; BCAS
Posts: 521
Own Kudos [?]: 576 [0]
Given Kudos: 694
Location: India
WE 2: EA to CFO (Consumer Products)
GPA: 3.78
WE:Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Re: Introducing GMAT Club Rewards (beta) [#permalink]
bb wrote:
We would like you to submit a review after you receive your GMAT score. It’s not really helpful if you haven’t improve your score or finish the course. The goal is to have a helpful review rather than to give you a $10 gift card 😇

Posted from my mobile device
[/quote]

The course provider never showed any interest to remind me/ follow up that I have an active course subscription but that I am not using the same. This is the weakness of such courses in contrast to live tutors who follow up with us for the same, thereby giving us motivation/ encouragement to study. This is my present feedback for the course, though negative.
Director
Director
Joined: 05 Jan 2020
Status:Admitted to IIM Shillong (PGPEx 2023-24)
Affiliations: CFA Institute; ICAI; BCAS
Posts: 521
Own Kudos [?]: 576 [0]
Given Kudos: 694
Location: India
WE 2: EA to CFO (Consumer Products)
GPA: 3.78
WE:Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Re: Introducing GMAT Club Rewards (beta) [#permalink]
Sajjad1994 wrote:

Simply look at how many kudos you have in your pocket "Current status of Kudos"

If you had 100 and redeemed 25 and now have 75 it means you have 75 kudos and not 100.
[/quote][/quote]

This means that reward points and kudos does not work on the same rationale for the purpose of level/ tier consideration. There is no logic of qualifying kudos on GMAT Club. BB in one of previous posts had mentioned that he'll figure out to keep qualifying kudos separately for the purpose of levels.

Originally posted by Kushchokhani on 10 Mar 2022, 14:25.
Last edited by Kushchokhani on 10 Mar 2022, 14:53, edited 1 time in total.
Director
Director
Joined: 05 Jan 2020
Status:Admitted to IIM Shillong (PGPEx 2023-24)
Affiliations: CFA Institute; ICAI; BCAS
Posts: 521
Own Kudos [?]: 576 [0]
Given Kudos: 694
Location: India
WE 2: EA to CFO (Consumer Products)
GPA: 3.78
WE:Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Re: Introducing GMAT Club Rewards (beta) [#permalink]
Sajjad1994 wrote:
Kushchokhani wrote:
Further, please let us know whether 50% discount on GC test subscription renewal is applicable if kudos/points redeemed? I mean renewal by just 13 kudos/ half the reward points?


Wow! There is no discount on redeeming points/kudos

PS: Redeeming points or Kudos is itself a discount by which one pays nothing. So you are looking for a discount on something which is already free?


If we regard redeeming points/kudos as completely free, then is it that we cannot pause GC test subscription of 3 months redeemed through the points but can pause the same only if purchased through money? As per one of the previous posts of BB, purchasing through money or through redeeming points does not affect the benefits offered by these tests as they are just 2 different modes of purchase, hence I asked this query for which I don't think the answer is obvious.
Director
Director
Joined: 05 Jan 2020
Status:Admitted to IIM Shillong (PGPEx 2023-24)
Affiliations: CFA Institute; ICAI; BCAS
Posts: 521
Own Kudos [?]: 576 [0]
Given Kudos: 694
Location: India
WE 2: EA to CFO (Consumer Products)
GPA: 3.78
WE:Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Re: Introducing GMAT Club Rewards (beta) [#permalink]
bb

A gentle reminder if you could help resolve my queries posted above (pls see previous page also). Thanks.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Joined: 18 Dec 2018
Posts: 423
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
Given Kudos: 738
Location: India
WE:Account Management (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
Re: Introducing GMAT Club Rewards (beta) [#permalink]
I have an active GMATCLUB Premium Bundle and I wish to avail 30% discount in GMATCLUB tests. Can someone please guide how I can do that? As I understand from the guidelines, there would be a specific coupon code that I would receive post subscription of GMATCLUB Premium Bundle, but I am not sure where do I access that. Request someone to please guide me here. Thanks in advance.

bb - Can you please advise? Thanks
Intern
Intern
Joined: 26 Feb 2022
Posts: 15
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 650 Q37 V27
Send PM
Re: Introducing GMAT Club Rewards (beta) [#permalink]
1
Kudos
Hi,

I have not been getting any points whatsoever for posts made, replies or timed question attempts for almost a week. Any help on this would be much appreciated.
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
Joined: 19 Jan 2020
Posts: 3128
Own Kudos [?]: 2812 [1]
Given Kudos: 1511
Location: India
GPA: 4
WE:Analyst (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Re: Introducing GMAT Club Rewards (beta) [#permalink]
1
Kudos
mobab wrote:
Hi,

I have not been getting any points whatsoever for posts made, replies or timed question attempts for almost a week. Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Hey, you need kudos to upgrade your level. Posting answers and using timer won't increase your points. You need to post valuable answers for the community to get kudos.
Good luck

Posted from my mobile device
Director
Director
Joined: 05 Jan 2020
Status:Admitted to IIM Shillong (PGPEx 2023-24)
Affiliations: CFA Institute; ICAI; BCAS
Posts: 521
Own Kudos [?]: 576 [1]
Given Kudos: 694
Location: India
WE 2: EA to CFO (Consumer Products)
GPA: 3.78
WE:Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Re: Introducing GMAT Club Rewards (beta) [#permalink]
1
Kudos
Hi bb Sajjad1994 abhimahna

I would like to share my observation on reward points system for replying to new comers' posts:

In Attachment 1 (New comers' posts), it is mentioned that "a user is considered a new comer for 31 days after his/her first post but only if he/she has fewer than 10 posts overall." However, in Attachment 2 (Reward points), "Reply to a newcomer post" does not mention 31 days criteria but just mentions user with fewer than 10 posts.

To remove any confusion wrt above, I observed that even when we reply after 31 days to a topic created by a user with fewer than 10 posts, we do earn 1 point on account of the same. Hence, the 31-day criteria is only for the purpose of filtering new comers' posts, and not for earning rewards points.

Further, reward points for reply to a newcomer post can only be earned once every 24 hours, though not explicitly mentioned in Attachment 2. Moreover, if reply to newcomer post is our first post of the day, we get 2 points for the same post (1 for making post and the other for reply to a new comer post). It seems "once every 24 hours" mentioned under "Make 1 post" in Attachment 2 is implicitly also applicable to "Reply to a newcomer post" for this reason.

If deem fit, the above clarifications/ observations may be explicitly stated in the Rewards section. Your feedback is welcome.
Attachments

Attachment 2.png
Attachment 2.png [ 138.22 KiB | Viewed 1155 times ]

Attachment 1.png
Attachment 1.png [ 107.95 KiB | Viewed 1166 times ]

Founder
Founder
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 37819
Own Kudos [?]: 74177 [0]
Given Kudos: 20221
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: Introducing GMAT Club Rewards (beta) [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Thank you Kushchokhani!

I think you should be promoted to the GMAT Club Chief Logic Officer (CLO) or GMAT Club Chief Consistency Officer (CCO) :angel:
All of your suggestions are really good - they are valid, they always have helpful screenshots, and they are always specific and actionable. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Kushchokhani wrote:
Hi bb Sajjad1994 abhimahna

I would like to share my observation on reward points system for replying to new comers' posts:

In Attachment 1 (New comers' posts), it is mentioned that "a user is considered a new comer for 31 days after his/her first post but only if he/she has fewer than 10 posts overall." However, in Attachment 2 (Reward points), "Reply to a newcomer post" does not mention 31 days criteria but just mentions user with fewer than 10 posts.

To remove any confusion wrt above, I observed that even when we reply after 31 days to a topic created by a user with fewer than 10 posts, we do earn 1 point on account of the same. Hence, the 31-day criteria is only for the purpose of filtering new comers' posts, and not for earning rewards points.

Further, reward points for reply to a newcomer post can only be earned once every 24 hours, though not explicitly mentioned in Attachment 2. Moreover, if reply to newcomer post is our first post of the day, we get 2 points for the same post (1 for making post and the other for reply to a new comer post). It seems "once every 24 hours" mentioned under "Make 1 post" in Attachment 2 is implicitly also applicable to "Reply to a newcomer post" for this reason.

If deem fit, the above clarifications/ observations may be explicitly stated in the Rewards section. Your feedback is welcome.
Director
Director
Joined: 05 Jan 2020
Status:Admitted to IIM Shillong (PGPEx 2023-24)
Affiliations: CFA Institute; ICAI; BCAS
Posts: 521
Own Kudos [?]: 576 [1]
Given Kudos: 694
Location: India
WE 2: EA to CFO (Consumer Products)
GPA: 3.78
WE:Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Re: Introducing GMAT Club Rewards (beta) [#permalink]
1
Kudos
bb wrote:
Thank you Kushchokhani!

I think you should be promoted to the GMAT Club Chief Logic Officer (CLO) or GMAT Club Chief Consistency Officer (CCO) :angel:
All of your suggestions are really good - they are valid, they always have helpful screenshots, and they are always specific and actionable. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Kushchokhani wrote:
Hi bb Sajjad1994 abhimahna

I would like to share my observation on reward points system for replying to new comers' posts:

In Attachment 1 (New comers' posts), it is mentioned that "a user is considered a new comer for 31 days after his/her first post but only if he/she has fewer than 10 posts overall." However, in Attachment 2 (Reward points), "Reply to a newcomer post" does not mention 31 days criteria but just mentions user with fewer than 10 posts.

To remove any confusion wrt above, I observed that even when we reply after 31 days to a topic created by a user with fewer than 10 posts, we do earn 1 point on account of the same. Hence, the 31-day criteria is only for the purpose of filtering new comers' posts, and not for earning rewards points.

Further, reward points for reply to a newcomer post can only be earned once every 24 hours, though not explicitly mentioned in Attachment 2. Moreover, if reply to newcomer post is our first post of the day, we get 2 points for the same post (1 for making post and the other for reply to a new comer post). It seems "once every 24 hours" mentioned under "Make 1 post" in Attachment 2 is implicitly also applicable to "Reply to a newcomer post" for this reason.

If deem fit, the above clarifications/ observations may be explicitly stated in the Rewards section. Your feedback is welcome.

Thanks bb for acknowledging the same. This motivates me to continue doing the good work.

Posted from my mobile device
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Joined: 28 May 2022
Status:Dreaming and Working
Affiliations: None
Posts: 437
Own Kudos [?]: 388 [0]
Given Kudos: 83
WE:Brand Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Re: Introducing GMAT Club Rewards (beta) [#permalink]
bb Sajjad1994

If we earn badges more than once (like the timer/posts badges) , do we get the respective points for them multiple times or only for the first time?

Thanks

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Introducing GMAT Club Rewards (beta) [#permalink]
   1  ...  25   26   27   28   29   30