Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 00:12 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 00:12

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4101 [0]
Given Kudos: 242
Concentration: Sustainability, Marketing
GMAT Focus 1:
545 Q79 V79 DI73
GPA: 4
WE:Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 615 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
Re: Is it possible to argue scholarships with b-school admissions office? [#permalink]
derek03 wrote:
Hi all,

I have received an offer from LBS and the AO said that they've notified successful scholars this stage (round 1 applicants). I have also applied the bursary scholarship which requested my family's financial situation. Is it possible to argue scholarships with the AO in this time window, like before they are sending offers to round 2 applicants? And tbh I don't have any new updates regarding my profile, would it be necessary to send this email...

Thanks

derek03 you should in a polite manner as much as possible, present a solid reasoning why you are in dire need of scholarship. Mind you that adcoms are pretty used to being haggled for scholarships, and they do a very thorough evaluation of whether you really "need" the scholarship or not. If you come from a feeder background with an established post-MBA trajectory, and the adcom thinks you will be able to get the ROI without much external support, it is unlikely you will be getting anything more than what they have informed you about. However, if you think there's a certain detail about your financial or family situation that they havenot considered already, surely reach out and make an honest effort to convince.

Best wishes

Aanchal Sahni (INSEAD alum, former INSEAD MBA admissions interviewer)
MBAGuideConsulting
LinkedIn |WEBSITE: https://mbaguideconsulting.com/ | Message: +91 9971200927| email- mbaguideconsulting@gmail.com
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Re: Is it possible to argue scholarships with b-school admissions office? [#permalink]
MBAGuide wrote:
derek03 wrote:
Hi all,

I have received an offer from LBS and the AO said that they've notified successful scholars this stage (round 1 applicants). I have also applied the bursary scholarship which requested my family's financial situation. Is it possible to argue scholarships with the AO in this time window, like before they are sending offers to round 2 applicants? And tbh I don't have any new updates regarding my profile, would it be necessary to send this email...

Thanks

derek03 you should in a polite manner as much as possible, present a solid reasoning why you are in dire need of scholarship. Mind you that adcoms are pretty used to being haggled for scholarships, and they do a very thorough evaluation of whether you really "need" the scholarship or not. If you come from a feeder background with an established post-MBA trajectory, and the adcom thinks you will be able to get the ROI without much external support, it is unlikely you will be getting anything more than what they have informed you about. However, if you think there's a certain detail about your financial or family situation that they havenot considered already, surely reach out and make an honest effort to convince.

Best wishes

Aanchal Sahni (INSEAD alum, former INSEAD MBA admissions interviewer)
MBAGuideConsulting

Thank you Aanchal for these wonderful insights!
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 278 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Expert Reply
derek03 wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks

Hello derek03,

Hope this finds you well.

You may always write to the school requesting scholarship; you could mention what makes you worthy of it and establish the "need" for it; of course, the email should be written in a manner that is polite.

All the best!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Is anyone aware of Scholarships offered by LBS?
Any list available, could find little on the site
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 210 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Aparnaa.S wrote:
Is anyone aware of Scholarships offered by LBS?
Any list available, could find little on the site

Aparnaa.S - LBS offers a range of scholarship options for MBA students. To explore eligibility and find the scholarships suitable for you, you could check out this dedicated online scholarship tool provided by LBS.

Regards,
Arvind
Founder, admitStreet
W: https://admitstreet.com | LinkedIn | E: consultingteam@admitstreet.com
GMAT Club Bot