Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 22:20 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 22:20

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
GPA: 4
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4658 [1]
Given Kudos: 633
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1304 [1]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Target Test Prep Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: Is it possible to go from 670 to 700+ in 10 days? [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
The test-maker (GMAC) has stated that the official score that you receive on test day is within +/- 30 points of your actual ability.
I imagine the practice tests are similar.
I suggest you work hard on minimizing careless errors. That's one of the best ways to maximize your score.

More here: Improving Your Accuracy on the GMAT
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22074 [1]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi Steven_Iallonardo,

It's a tall order but you do have a shot! What is your plan for the next 10 days?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ScottTargetTestPrep wrote:
Hi Steven_Iallonardo,

It's a tall order but you do have a shot! What is your plan for the next 10 days?

Hi,
I am studying SC and CR for 5 hours per day + 3-4h of GMAT Quant, alternating every two days with one day of GMAT RC for 3,5 hours + 4,5 hours of GMAT Quant. Regarding Quant, in the first 6 days the most important topics based on my weaknesses and in the last 4 days the remaining ones.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GmatKnightTutor wrote:
Quote:
Is it possible to go from 670 to 700+ in 10 days?

If it was a straight yes or no question, fair to say the answer would be yes in the sense it's "possible" to get a 30+ point jump in about that time frame. Had a student for example who ended up going from a 700 to a 760 on a retake in about 10 days. Might be worth checking out the Share GMAT Experience subforum to get a sense how likely/long different score jumps may be.

All the best on your exam whenever you decide to take it.

Got it, thank you!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
AjiteshArun wrote:
Steven_Iallonardo wrote:
Hi everyone,

Today I scored 670 in my 4th GMAT Practice Test after a month from the last one (570) and given my splits (Q48, V34) I was wondering whether it would be feasible for me to take my verbal score to V(38-40) in just 10 days, while keeping my Q48 so that I could (hopefully) achieve a 700 on my Official Test.

Thank you for your time!

Hi Steven_Iallonardo,

That's quite a score jump, and you may very well end up getting an even higher score on the GMAT. I would, however, advise you not to worry too much about the final score, especially if you've already booked your GMAT appointment.

All the best.

Roger, thank you very much!
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72916 [1]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
one aspect I would recommend from the experience of seeing people retake the GMAT - don't ignore Quant completely. Keep it fresh even if it means 10-20% of your time only. Many times people retake and focus only on their weakness and then they end up lopsided and have to retake again. So, protect your Q and don't take it for granted.

In terms of improving in 10 days, it really depends. usually if you studied for a long time, then Not really but if you have just recently stared out, you can have jumps and gains though it is very much dependent on each individual case.

-B

Steven_Iallonardo wrote:
Hi everyone,

Today I scored 670 in my 4th GMAT Practice Test after a month from the last one (570) and given my splits (Q48, V34) I was wondering whether it would be feasible for me to take my verbal score to V(38-40) in just 10 days, while keeping my Q48 so that I could (hopefully) achieve a 700 on my Official Test.

Thank you for your time!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: General Management, Finance
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Quite Difficult unless the 670 was a bad day performance. But things do go well if it is a good day for you or you have an incredible focus that day.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bb wrote:
one aspect I would recommend from the experience of seeing people retake the GMAT - don't ignore Quant completely. Keep it fresh even if it means 10-20% of your time only. Many times people retake and focus only on their weakness and then they end up lopsided and have to retake again. So, protect your Q and don't take it for granted.

In terms of improving in 10 days, it really depends. usually if you studied for a long time, then Not really but if you have just recently stared out, you can have jumps and gains though it is very much dependent on each individual case.

-B

Steven_Iallonardo wrote:
Hi everyone,

Thank you for your time!

Posted from my mobile device

I will keep it in mind, thanks!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
AmeyPatil9696 wrote:
Quite Difficult unless the 670 was a bad day performance. But things do go well if it is a good day for you or you have an incredible focus that day.

I can tell you there was margin for a higher score. Careless mistakes in both sections, more in quant, although I wasn't super prepared for verbal since I have been focusing more on Quant in the last weeks. I am confident, although I believe that sometimes GMAT may be harder based on the types of questions that pop up, therefore I won't take any score absolutely for granted.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1304 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Quote:
Careless mistakes in both sections, more in quant, although I wasn't super prepared for verbal since I have been focusing more on Quant in the last weeks.

If there are careless errors you make (i.e. forgetting a non-positive integer can include zero), consider noting them down somewhere and looking at that list now and again.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V46
Send PM
Achieving a significant improvement in your GMAT verbal score from V34 to V38-40 in just 10 days can be quite challenging, but it's not impossible. To boost your verbal score, focus on targeted practice, reviewing grammar rules, and honing your critical reasoning and reading comprehension skills. Utilize official GMAT practice materials and consider seeking guidance from a GMAT tutor or online resources. It will require dedicated effort and practice, but with a strategic approach, you may be able to reach your goal of a 700 on the Official Test. Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [0]
Given Kudos: 115
WE:General Management (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
Well, kinda depends on your overall caliber and work hours you put into it.
GMAT Club Bot