GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 18 Feb 2020, 11:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Is there a way to claim the Manhattan Books as PDF?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
S
GPA: 3.9
CAT Tests
Is there a way to claim the Manhattan Books as PDF?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 25 Sep 2019, 06:11
Hello,

I was searching for an option but haven't found one yet - I bought them via Amazon but I commute a lot from my home / University which means I am studying at home and at the library for the GMAT.
It's very unhandy to always carry the books around with me. At the beginning of the book there is a information that you can claim it as E-Book. I don't want a Ebook though as I only have a normal windows laptop and no ebook reader or such. Could this be send as pdf as well? Maybe someone here knows before I speak directly to manhattan.

Thank you

Originally posted by chrtpmdr on 24 Sep 2019, 22:15.
Last edited by chrtpmdr on 25 Sep 2019, 06:11, edited 1 time in total.
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: Is there a way to claim the Manhattan Books as PDF?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2019, 22:28
Hi. I would recommend reaching out to MGMAT. They may be able to help with ePub options though i am not sure if that’s available. I have not seen any options and not even kindle (which works on a laptop by the way if you can find those books in kindle format).

MGMAT student support is your best shot.

Posted from my mobile device
G

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 25 Sep 2019, 11:25
chrtpmdr wrote:
Hello,

I was searching for an option but haven't found one yet - I bought them via Amazon but I commute a lot from my home / University which means I am studying at home and at the library for the GMAT.
It's very unhandy to always carry the books around with me. At the beginning of the book there is a information that you can claim it as E-Book. I don't want a Ebook though as I only have a normal windows laptop and no ebook reader or such. Could this be send as pdf as well? Maybe someone here knows before I speak directly to manhattan.

Thank you

Hi chrtpmdr,

If you purchased the 7th edition, then please continue reading.

These days I am taking live online classes with Stacey Koprince, the main author of the 7th edition. The new bundle was available to me already in mid-August. Yes, you can access its ePub version as soon as MGMAT provides you with due instructions, so feel free to contact the students service centre at 0018005764628 or gmat@manhattanprep.com. You can read the books via either Bluefire Reader or Adobe Digital Editions, both compatible with IOS, Android, or Windows. However, I myself preferred the hardcopy because access to the ePub version expires after a year.

As a side note: In case you purchased the 6th edition, I would still recommend you obtain the 7th one. That’s because the latest edition is indeed the updated and expanded version of the previous one. Most of the old content is refined and many more new things are added. The books themselves are more densely written and more importantly you will gain access to ATLAS, a new platform created by MGMAT for its course students. I’ve been using the platform for about two months and it’s indeed beyond competition, especially for a person with hectic schedule. The main benefits are:

- You’ll gain access two new advanced e-books: All the Verbal Companion and All the Quant Companion. These books are the continuation of the bundle and available only in e-book form.
- For every chapter of the guides, you’ll be offered extra practice questions from easy to hard levels, accompanied by explanations in either text or video from.
- ATLAS comes with OG Review Navigator that contains detailed explanations to all OG questions, either in text or in video from. That’s indeed true gem because you can read highest quality explanations in one place without having to browse through multiple forums and thereby wasting your time. Besides, some explained tactics and conceptions can’t be found in any other forum.
- There are lots of interactive video lessons that you can watch while commuting.
- 6 cats with explanations.
- This bundle is a must-have thing for those aiming 700+
- And many more. I made sure that this bundle is the most refined, comprehensive, user friendly, and simple to understand guide.

Please, remember that two advanced guides are only in e-book version. In case you have any question regarding the content of the books please feel free to contact me. I’ve been analyzing the books with Stacey Koprince herself and probably can help you.

Good luck with your preparation.

Originally posted by JonShukhrat on 25 Sep 2019, 11:21.
Last edited by JonShukhrat on 25 Sep 2019, 11:25, edited 1 time in total.
Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2019, 11:25
I am sorry to say it JonShukhrat but the 7th edition contains less material than the 6th by about 20-30%
More info on the comparison: https://gmatclub.com/forum/manhattan-gm ... 05147.html

I am not sure I would recommend getting a 7th edition to anyone who owns a 6th one already.
G

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2019, 11:47
bb wrote:
I am sorry to say it JonShukhrat but the 7th edition contains less material than the 6th by about 20-30%
More info on the comparison: https://gmatclub.com/forum/manhattan-gm ... 05147.html

I am not sure I would recommend getting a 7th edition to anyone who owns a 6th one already.

Dear bb,

Thank you very much for your message. I read your post the day it was published. There are several reasons for the cut in the page volume:
- The books are indeed more densely written, every page containing more information.
- Advanced chapters of the books are organized as separate advanced guides that are available only as e-books. “All the Verbal Companion” has 73 pages and “All the Quant Companion” has 127 pages. Once again they pack more info than before.
- Most of the practice questions and guidance are now in ATLAS, which was not available before.
- Complete study plan has also been moved to ATLAS.
- Besides, while counting the page volume, one should consider ATLAS because it has more information than 6th and 7th editions taken altogether.

I have reread 6th edition SC guide many times and almost know it by heart. I’ve also gone through PowerScore Bibles. And now I’ve almost finished the new bundle. I am sure that 7th edition verbal guide has an unparallel content, especially SC guide. For me the 7th edition of the verbal part is a big jump over the 6th, the part most aspirants struggle with.
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2019, 12:02
JonShukhrat wrote:

Thank you very much for your message. I read your post the day it was published. There are several reasons for the cut in the page volume:
- The books are indeed more densely written, every page containing more information.
- Advanced chapters of the books are organized as separate advanced guides that are available only as e-books. “All the Verbal Companion” has 73 pages and “All the Quant Companion” has 127 pages. Once again they pack more info than before.
- Most of the practice questions and guidance are now in ATLAS, which was not available before.
- Complete study plan has also been moved to ATLAS.
- Besides, while counting the page volume, one should consider ATLAS because it has more information than 6th and 7th editions taken altogether.

I have reread 6th edition SC guide many times and almost know it by heart. I’ve also gone through PowerScore Bibles. And now I’ve almost finished the new bundle. I am sure that 7th edition verbal guide has an unparallel content, especially SC guide. For me the 7th edition of the verbal part is a big jump over the 6th, the part most aspirants struggle with.
[/quote]

Thank you. Before I start addressing your points. Can you please link where I could purchase/download the All the Verbal Companion and All the Quant Companion?
Is that within the MGMAT student area? Is it a free book/add on?
G

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2019, 12:28
bb wrote:

Thank you. Before I start addressing your points. Can you please link where I could purchase/download the All the Verbal Companion and All the Quant Companion?
Is that within the MGMAT student area? Is it a free book/add on?

Dear bb,

With the new bundle, you should have access to Atlas, from which you can download ePub versions of those advanced books. However, I have no idea about how to access Atlas when you buy books yourself (for the course students MGMAT provides instructions via email). At the bottom of the page 15 in All the Verbal you can see the following info “Advanced material for the SC unit can be found in Atlas, your online learning platform, on the Manhattan Prep website. Use online material only if you feel that you have mastered everything in the SC unit of this strategy guide and you are aiming for a Verbal Section score of 42 or higher”. Besides, advanced verbal book has separate chapter for CR too. I think those who bought the new bundle via Amazon should contact MGMAT, and those, who bought directly from the website of MGMAT, have already received emails with necessary instructions.
Founder
V
Re: Is there a way to claim the Manhattan Books as PDF?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2019, 12:41
Thanks. I suspected something was off. I will explore the online resources and see what is available to me. I have not registered as usually I give away question banks online access to moderators in need and did not want to waste it just for a review.

PS. I will review the SC books again and see how they compare page by page. I have only spotted small differences that were not material in my page turn comparison.

Posted from my mobile device
Re: Is there a way to claim the Manhattan Books as PDF?   [#permalink] 25 Sep 2019, 12:41

Is there a way to claim the Manhattan Books as PDF?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: DisciplinedPrep