Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 15:52 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 15:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 84
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GPA: 3.85
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 84
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Is WE>1 year a deal breaker for LBS's MiM course? [#permalink]
md110300 wrote:
Yuko499 wrote:
Its not a deal breaker, but your WE should be LESS than 2 years by the time you start the course. So there shouldn't be more than 2 yrs between your graduating year and the start date of LBS MiM. But since you already have 13 months of WE wont it matriculate to more than 2 yrs by the time you start the course for the 2024 intake?

Posted from my mobile device

Hi!

Right so I graduated in Aug 2022 (21st). If I resign before hitting the 2 year mark, does that work out? Then again, I'm not sure if the adcom will look at it this way...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
In that case, its better to contact the university directly and ask them. If I just consider your year of graduation then you'll be fine but in terms of your WE I'm not so sure.

CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1586 [1]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
md110300 wrote:
Hi everyone. I've been doing some digging to find out what kind of profiles get into the MiM program at LBS. I came across a comment someone had made in this forum earlier that mentioned that LBS usually prefers their applicants to have less than (or equal to) 1 year of WE (for MiM). Can anyone shed some light on this? I was planning to apply this year ('24 intake), and I've been working really hard to prep for the GMAT (scheduled for 9th Aug,2023).

I'm also putting my profile down here just in case:

23, Female, Indian

Engineering undergrad- 3.7 GPA

WE- 13 months as a Business Analyst in Deloitte

Clubs and Chapters- Robotics Club and Toastmasters International

Haven't taken the GMAT yet, but I'm expecting somewhere between 660-710.

You will be fine applying this year. They look for candidates who have up to 2 years, and you fit the criteria right now. Once you get accepted, you can even opt to continue at Deloitte till you join LBS, and there will be no problem. Work experience is always accounted for by when you actually began working, and not when you graduated.

Focus on the GMAT part though, please make sure you are above 680 at the minimum (and the higher the better).
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 615 [1]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM