It is currently 20 Aug 2017, 08:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Is your school the best at case studies?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Economist GMAT Tutor Representative

Kudos [?]: 25 [1] , given: 10

Is your school the best at case studies? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2014, 14:30
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hi everyone,

I wanted to let you know that the Economist is holding its first ever international MBA Investment Case Study: Investment Challenge.

Here's what it's about: Each school in the competition will pick three of their best students to complete a case study. Each team will produce a thorough report as well as a 15-minute video explaining their analysis that will be posted to The Economists’ Which MBA? site. The presentation is recorded live (yikes!). Three winners will be picked. There will also be a People’s Choice award which will be awarded to the team that receives the most votes from visitors to The Economist website.

First place team receives $10,000
Second place receives $5,000
Third place receives $3,000
People’s Choice receives $3,000

People's Choice voting will begin November 24th. For more information, see our site and watch our video: http://econgm.at/XonroA

Hope you'll join us!

Jessica
. .

http://econgm.at/freetrialoffer
For free GMAT practice questions, follow us @econgmat_qs
Economist GMAT Tutor
(866) 292-0660

Kudos [?]: 25 [1] , given: 10

Economist GMAT Tutor Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount CodesOptimus Prep Discount Codes
Expert Post

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 10

Re: Is your school the best at case studies? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2014, 13:07
Hi Everyone,

We're pleased to announce that 24 teams from business schools around the world are competing in The Economist’s MBA Case Study Competition – and they want you to vote for them!

The Economist challenged MBA students to evaluate a multi-billion dollar investment deal. The competition involves evaluating Zillow’s $3.5 billion acquisition of rival real estate website Trulia in a stock-only transaction. Each team must submit a report and then present their analysis in a 15 minute video presentation.

The team that receives the most online votes wins $3,000. To vote for your favorite team, click here: http://econgm.at/iulIqJ

Thanks and let me know if you have any questions. :)

Jessica

Economist GMAT Tutor
(866) 292-0660

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2015, 03:49
purchasing such will GUARANTEE YOU an expulsion from Harvard and all other schools in the US.

unless you are sharing with me that the school POSTS the solutions? IF so, that is a first one on me.
Solutions are what students and faculty come up with. So, if I have spoken out of hand,wow!

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Expert Post

Show Tags

New post 23 Jan 2015, 12:50
Hi Waltersmith

It's unclear to me what you mean by purchasing. But hopefully this outline on what the MBA Case Study Competition is about will provide some clarity:

-Schools choose an MBA team to participate in the MBA Case Study Competition.
-The Economist and its partner company choose a real world transaction for teams to analyze. In this case, it was Zillow's acquisition of Trulia.
-MBA Teams complete the case study analysis. Each team produced a thorough report as well as a 15-minute video explaining their analysis.
-This was posted on The Economists’ Which MBA? site for viewers to see and vote on.

You can also take a look at this link for more information: http://econgm.at/XonroA.

Thanks, and I hope this helps!

Jessica

Economist GMAT Tutor
(866) 292-0660

Re: Is your school the best at case studies?   [#permalink] 23 Jan 2015, 12:50