GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Mar 2019, 13:06

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

ISB or IIMC

new topic post reply Update application status  

ISB VS IIMC

• 75% [6]
  • 25% [2]
TAGS:

Hide Tags

IIM Calcutta   ISB   

Intern
Intern
B
ISB or IIMC  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2019, 20:01
Hey Guys,

Please suggest college to choose. I have got admit from both the colleges and now quite confused which college to go for. I have got my own pros and cons, but would be good to get some more inputs from you guys.
Manager
Manager
S
GMAT 1: 590 Q48 V23
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 4
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2019, 04:57
How much experience do you have what is your current role and post mba goal. That much is needed to help you make your decision. Otherwise for a person with 2 year work ex ISB would be attractive and IIM C for 8 years work ex person. Overall there is no definite answer .

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
Re: ISB or IIMC  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2019, 05:02
Hi,

I have got 67 months of experience and I am into Risk Engineering profile in an Insurance company. My profile is quite niche and not many company does this kind of work. Post MBA, I am looking to work in consulting role in an insurance domain or in insurance analytics.

Manager
Manager
S
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2019, 05:16
Ok. Risk engineering in India is not done by many companies. There are only few such as AIG, torus insurance etc. I am not from the field but one of my close friend is so I understand your field a bit.
Anyways atleast you have your goals clear. I see ISB as the good fit as your work ex is just under 6. ISB is a fantastic b school , just the number of students in a cohort worries me. Batch of 900 would have lot of competition for the placement , irrespective of the claims of the career center. Also you get a training certificate from isb hence that is a hindrance for phd from any IIM or outside India, if your plan changes in future.
My advise would be to talk to isb and iim c alumni , who are in your target fields. They would give you a better feedbac about the course.
Also look at the option of product management in the insurance domain. That would open lot more opportunities for you. Good luck.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2019, 23:30
Hi VPGMAT,

Thank you for your inputs. I am definitely concerned about 900 batch size where IIMC has a batch size of only 70. Since my profile is very niche, I guess ISB would provide me more opportunities to make a career switch. I have been trying to reach to students, alums, and even professor to get a good picture. I had no idea about Product Management in Insurance. I thought it is there for people from IT/Software background. But, I would definitely look into this role also. Anyways, I am really thanksful for your inputs.

Manager
Manager
S
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2019, 01:47
Product management doesn't require IT knowledge but is usually preferred because of the nature of the product.
I know people who are into product management but only have MBA degree and are doing pretty well.

If you think my answered helped you, press the kudos. That is the norm here at gmatclub

GMAT Club Bot
Re: ISB or IIMC   [#permalink] 24 Feb 2019, 01:47

ISB or IIMC

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap