GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 06 Dec 2019, 21:07

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Just as plant species native to regions with browsing mammals evolved

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Just as plant species native to regions with browsing mammals evolved  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2004, 04:35
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

25% (medium)

Question Stats:

63% (01:01) correct 37% (01:14) wrong based on 81 sessions

HideShow timer Statistics

Just as plant species native to regions with browsing mammals evolved many natural anti-browser defenses (such as sharp spines and toxic chemicals), so humans in malarial regions have evolved dozens of chemical defenses against malaria.

(A) so humans in malarial regions have evolved dozens of chemical defenses against malaria

(B) humans in malarial regions have been evolving dozens of chemical defenses against malaria

(C) there has been, in malarial regions, an evolution of dozens of human chemical defenses against malaria

(D) dozens of chemical defenses against malaria have been evolved by humans in malarial regions

(E) similarly, in malarial regions, humans have evolved dozens of chemical defenses against malaria
Manager
Manager
Re: Just as plant species native to regions with browsing mammals evolved  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jul 2004, 11:56
hi
ans = a

reason: paralle construction... just as ....so...

B)THERE IS A TENSE change here ... present continuos.. is used and the rest part of the senetnce is in present...

C) structure flaw... just as X .... so did Y ... the patter has to be as said...

D)same as b

E) same...

hope that helps! :)

HAVE fun
SVP
SVP
Re: Just as plant species native to regions with browsing mammals evolved  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jul 2007, 15:16
I know the idiom Just as X so too Y is correct.

Is the idiom Just as X..so Y correct? An example from OG would definitely help.

Thanks.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
WE: Corporate Finance (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2014, 11:34
bmwhype2 wrote:
I know the idiom Just as X so too Y is correct.

Is the idiom Just as X..so Y correct? An example from OG would definitely help.

Thanks.

I think the structure of the comparison is more important than the idiom itself. Even if the split is between "so too" and "so," your next thought should be to check for redundancy in that "too" may be already conveyed (or implied) elsewhere in the sentence.

Posted from my mobile device
Non-Human User
Re: Le me know the correct idiom - Just as X, So Y Is this  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2019, 02:04
Hello from the GMAT Club VerbalBot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Le me know the correct idiom - Just as X, So Y Is this   [#permalink] 14 Nov 2019, 02:04

Just as plant species native to regions with browsing mammals evolved

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics