Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 10:13 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 10:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Wow... it is quite a story!!!!

Now, I think you have two options here (besides suing Kaplan).

1. I think it will look suspicious to Adm. com. that you have gotten 200 on the GMAT. You can try to explain the situation in one of the essays; however, since it seems like a VERY BAD decision making on your part, it could even worsen your chances to get into a B-school. One's ability to make a reasonable decision is important to B-schools.

2. you can take the gmat 3 more times, so the adm. com. won't be able to see this score. (they can see only the last three scores).

In any case, good luck!!!! :?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
All I can say is - Do not let your anger over Kaplan cause you to mess up your career. Even if Kaplan pays you back, it will be a pyrrhic victory because an abysmally low score in the GMAT will cause adcoms to wonder about your judgement - "If this guy accepted the score after he did this badly, is he of sound mind?" etc.

I sympathize with you. But there are other ways to get back at Kaplan without messing up your life in the process.

So please try to put this aside and do your best in the test.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1649 [0]
Given Kudos: 781
Send PM
[#permalink]
Dont worry about kaplan now. Whats past is past. you have to focus on what
lies ahead. You worked hard on your practice tests.

I will make this post a sticky. Just email them saying that you have posted a thread on GMAT Club and the thread will stay here and warn users on how kaplan treated you.

Reputation is everything in business; Kaplan should know that better than anyone else.

Praetorian
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
I realize my mistake....but I could not afford to take test again and still have to pay Kaplan....This way I am only paying $500(GMAT twice), or pay GMAT twice and Kaplan($1800)......I know $$$ shouldn't be a determining factor, but for me it was as I have alot going on....
I wrote in the essay about my dispute w/kaplan....I explained the whole situation....

Thank you for the responses....I need all the feedbackI can get....
I am very discouraged right now :oops: ...especially when on Friday I got denied by Fordham for their PRE-MBA program..... :cry:

Thanks again for the support!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
WE:General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Re: [#permalink]
franky4mba wrote:
i would advise you to give gmat again and this time score a 200 . Therafter sue kaplan for a lifetime of lost earning not being able to make it to HBS which you would in other circumstances.
The focus should be on kaplan rather than gmat or mba. One thing at a time.

Sorry!! I can't help! Awesome reply dude!!!:D :D :D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Technology, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q44 V47
WE:Information Technology (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Re: Re: [#permalink]
kingme wrote:
franky4mba wrote:
i would advise you to give gmat again and this time score a 200 . Therafter sue kaplan for a lifetime of lost earning not being able to make it to HBS which you would in other circumstances.
The focus should be on kaplan rather than gmat or mba. One thing at a time.

Sorry!! I can't help! Awesome reply dude!!!:D :D :D

You might want to share your story on the Kaplan board on this forum and see if they can help you tackling this issue. It might be the case of a full refund on your investment.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3671 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Re: Just took GMAT...Need some advice please!! [#permalink]
You do have the option of canceling your score before the score is displayed on the screen when you finish the exam. However, once your score is displayed you cannot un-cancel your score.
It might just show a blank/cancel to the college and you would just retake the exam another day - with the exam cost as a sunk cost.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT Date: 06-30-2012
GPA: 3.7
WE:Accounting (Insurance)
Send PM
This situation all around suks. I hate to be the one saying this but whatever money it costs to make this go away will not really make a difference. Maybe now 2k is a lot of money now but once you get your MBA and start making the big bucks it wont matter all that much.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37311 posts