Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 13:39 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 13:39

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management, Finance
WE:Business Development (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: Northwestern (Kellogg) - Class of 2014
WE:Marketing (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Finance
WE:Business Development (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink]
Jacksparrow1906 wrote:

Same here. I talked with my contact and he told me there was nothing wrong with my app. It was just a matter of waiting to see how they would fill the spots.[/quote]

Me too. Spoke to an Admissions member and she said that there was nothing more that I needed to do at this point. I guess they are waiting to see what the apps look like in R2.....[/quote]

Did you all just call? I sent an email and got no response.[/quote]

Yes, I called the number that they provided on the Check App Status page and then they transferred me to my point of contact.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Same here. I called the Adcom office and they transferred me to my waitlist handler.I was told that there was no new information needed nor was my profile lacking in anyway. My quant is a bit low so I was thinking of taking the GMAT again,but I was told that my quant was not anywhere close to being a worrying factor.In fact I was told that they had admitted students in the past with much lower quant scores. They are keen on admitting a diverse pool of students and carefully composing the structure of the incoming batch. I was told that waitlisters would be kept in consideration unless they wanted themselves removed.

I got a feeling after talking to my waitlist manager that they want to hold off making any decision untill they get a feel for r2 applicant pool
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.79
WE:Consulting (Accounting)
Send PM
I am on the Waitlist as a 1Yr Applicant and I was told that 1Yr Applicants should NOT expect to hear anything on the Jan 24 or Feb 14 dates that were quoted in the Waitlist FAQ's. Most likely, they will start notifying 1Yr waitlist candidates starting in mid-March but it could go all the way through May.

Good luck everyone.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
abman1947 wrote:
Same here. I called the Adcom office and they transferred me to my waitlist handler.I was told that there was no new information needed nor was my profile lacking in anyway. My quant is a bit low so I was thinking of taking the GMAT again,but I was told that my quant was not anywhere close to being a worrying factor.In fact I was told that they had admitted students in the past with much lower quant scores. They are keen on admitting a diverse pool of students and carefully composing the structure of the incoming batch. I was told that waitlisters would be kept in consideration unless they wanted themselves removed.

I got a feeling after talking to my waitlist manager that they want to hold off making any decision untill they get a feel for r2 applicant pool

Hi abman1947,
If you don't mind me asking, what's your GMAT quant score?
I'm in a similar situation, I was pretty confident about my application except for my GMAT quant score...
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
Send PM
socalledpremba wrote:
Jacksparrow1906 wrote:
AshForGMAT wrote:
Question for wailisted applicants...

Did anyone happen to call Kellogg Admisssions today? What information did the admissions office provide? Did they give any feedback or gave an indication what can be done to improve the chances?

Thanks,
Ash

I called and was given a point of contact for my application. I haven't had any more communication beyond that.

Same here. I talked with my contact and he told me there was nothing wrong with my app. It was just a matter of waiting to see how they would fill the spots.

same here...apparently we are all good enough to get admitted, but then again not good enough that we are first choice....

..sh¨t... I feel like I'm in the business school "friend zone"
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 139 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
WE:Project Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
I called in on Thursday but my WL manager was OOO. Will try to reach her on Monday now.

I agree with the general sentiment that there's not much point really in calling up and speaking to the WL manager since we're all going to be told the same thing "You're good...just not good enough"...So although I am not motivated enough, Monday it will still be...just ticking the proverbial check box..
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi abman1947,
If you don't mind me asking, what's your GMAT quant score?
I'm in a similar situation, I was pretty confident about my application except for my GMAT quant score...

my GMAT score is 720 ,,95% verbal, 76% quant
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
abman1947 wrote:
my GMAT score is 720 ,,95% verbal, 76% quant

76% = low? To quote Einstein: "Do not worry about your difficulties in mathematics. I can assure you mine are still greater"

Sigh.
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Expert Reply
scorpionz wrote:
Anyone on the WL who hasn't already visited Kellogg yet planning on visiting the school?

@scorpionz: Visiting is a great idea, dude. And here are a few other things you can do to get off the waitlist and into Kellogg: https://www.precisionessay.com/2011/12/t ... aitlisted/
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: Northwestern (Kellogg) - Class of 2014
WE:Marketing (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
would any of you know whether our email update should be within the body of the email or sent as an attachment? Might not be a big thing, just want to make sure.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Jacksparrow1906 wrote:
would any of you know whether our email update should be within the body of the email or sent as an attachment? Might not be a big thing, just want to make sure.

I sent as an attachment because I figured it would be easier for them to put it in your file, since I don't believe they would print the entire email.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
I emailed my waitlist manager an update but have not gotten a reply. Has anyone gotten any type of confirmation their update was received?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
WE:Marketing (Journalism and Publishing)
Send PM
I spoke with my wait list manager, and she actually told me that the admissions committee loved everything I had going on but wanted some more clarity on my career goals. She invited me to send her a mini essay to explain how I can leverage skills gained in my current industry into the new one I'm trying to enter.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Real Estate, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.33
WE:General Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
Quick question. My phone cut out when I was talking to admissions in the middle of him giving me the email address of my contact. Are the emails first initial.last name or are they first initial_last name. It sounded like the guy said "dash" but I'm not sure I've seen too many email address with a dash, haha.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
KPrizzle wrote:
Quick question. My phone cut out when I was talking to admissions in the middle of him giving me the email address of my contact. Are the emails first initial.last name or are they first initial_last name. It sounded like the guy said "dash" but I'm not sure I've seen too many email address with a dash, haha.

for my contact it was firstinitial-lastname@kellogg.northwestern.edu. so a hyphen or a dash
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Real Estate, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.33
WE:General Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
toriburu wrote:
KPrizzle wrote:

for my contact it was firstinitial-lastname@kellogg.northwestern.edu. so a hyphen or a dash

Hah, so it was a dash. Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
Send PM
any movement?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  23