Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 22:41 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 22:41

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Know of a Private Tutor in SF/Bay Area ? [#permalink]
I know this reply is a bit late but in case it helps anyone else...

I recently began 1-on-1 tutoring with MyGuru tutors and they're awesome. About the same price for 1-on-1 tutoring as for group tutoring with Kaplan or Manhattan. My tutor has some pretty amazing credentials, as well, given what they charge. If you're looking for solid value, I'd highly recommend them.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I used Josh Jones. He's in SF and he's awesome! I started out with a 620, and after working with him for a month I got to a 730! He's still a little expensive, but definitely way cheaper than all the major companies. I dabbled with a few and I didn't really like the vibe. Josh was really friendly and felt more like working with a neighbor.

Btw to get back to the original post, a big reason why they don't let you do less than the package deal is because they don't want their tutors to steal the students. Companies take a really big cut, but when you work with an independent tutor, they keep all of it, minus their advertising expenses. I preferred to cut out the middle, go straight to the source, ya know?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Send PM
Please visit the following link for more information: https://optimus-prep.com/gmat-private-tutoring-online

There are cheaper solutions (like our 60+ hours on demand video course for only $299) however our tutors scored in the 99th percentile of the GMAT and thus belong to the top 1% worldwide!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi there, Has anybody received GMAT tutoring from Dakar Azu or Alex Marcus? Can anybody recommend a tutor who has good reviews in SF/Bay Area? Thanks a lot.
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 938 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V45
GRE 1: Q170 V167
Send PM
Know of a Private Tutor in SF/Bay Area ? [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Test Prep Unlimited is the best GMAT tutor in both San Francisco and the Bay Area. Previous students have boasted score gains from 4 up to 7 points per tutoring hour! No other GMAT tutor delivers results like that. Tutoring companies don't even release those statistics (because they aren't very good)!

Test Prep Unlimited provides materials and designs a program customized to your unique situation. Don't move at the pace of a group (at times too slow and at times too fast!)--Move at your fastest pace, no more, no less. This is for YOU! Additionally, you want someone independent and entrepreneurially-minded to guide your studies and application, not someone making only 20% of what you are paying, working at a dead-end job. This is business school we're talking about!

Mention gmatclub for a free consultation.
GMAT Club Bot
Know of a Private Tutor in SF/Bay Area ? [#permalink]