Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 04:34 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 04:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 67 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V35
GMAT 3: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
Retired Thread Master
Own Kudos [?]: 118 [0]
Given Kudos: 123
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 67 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V35
GMAT 3: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 75 [0]
Given Kudos: 47
Concentration: General Management
GMAT Date: 12-30-2011
Send PM
Re: Last week prep advice [#permalink]
solerenegade wrote:
Well, I generally do take a test before the exam day just to prime my mind, and it seems to work for me :)

Even i agree with you. That works better. But dont tax yourself for the day.
Get some good sleep before the test day .. You can see this advice been given to everyone who take the test.
But then am sure you wont be able to. So you better take good sleep the night before the previous night of the D Day. Nervousness will be there. But as you start writing your AWA all that will be gone.

And start getting the attitude of being cool. Brush up your basics. Device a timing strategy that will work.
GO through the error log. Put up sessions for revising all parts of the exam. Constant time split ups for PS, DS, RC, SC and CR. They will tune your brain.

Also do preparations for your AWA part. Most of them give them a shot directly on the D Day. But some idea may help them get a few added points.

Take care of your health.

Hope this helps.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management, Technology
Send PM
I feel that Manhattangmat verbal scores are definitely inflated over the real exam. For instance, I scored a 42V with Manhattan GMAT when I missed 14 questions. After lots of study, I scored a 39V with GMATPREP yet only missed 9 questions. Your verbal score with GMATPREP will likely be more inline with your actual GMAT score than Manhattangmat. Also, GMATPREP verbal is generally considered to consist of more challenging questions.

As far as quant is concerned, Manhattangmat will usually take longer to go through and the questions can generally be more challenging than what you'll actually see on the actual GMAT.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
I think MGMAT Quant is VERY close to GMATPrep and GMAT in concepts. I won't underestimate them. There is a little bit extra computational complexity, but that helps you prepare. If you get a question in MGMAT wrong due to a concept - you should not neglect that assuming it is too hard to be tested in GMAT. Rest assured you will NOT see ugly numbers in GMAT - more often than NOT if you have solid conceptual understanding, there should not be ANY problem in GMAT that you can't solve in < 2 mins. I have yet to see any problem in GMATPrep and standard material - even in MGMAT - that can't be solved in < 2 mins.

I think verbal in MGMAT is also quite good. For instance, in my last test I was at 99%ile till #20 with only 2 incorrect, and then I got 1 RC completely wrong and it dropped me 90%ile by #30. I randomly marked last 7 and got ALL wrong and it dropped me to 81%ile :p. This looks pretty legit to me.
GMAT Club Bot