GMAT Changed on April 16th - Read about the latest changes here

It is currently 22 May 2018, 05:07

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

LBS MiM / LSE Global MiM / HEC-Yale M2M

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V50
LBS MiM / LSE Global MiM / HEC-Yale M2M [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2018, 10:32
Hi all, I'm in the fortunate position of having to choose between these three programs. They are all stellar but it is a difficult decision for me for various reasons. They are:
LBS MiM (1 year)
LSE Global MiM (2 years)
HEC-Yale Double Degree (2 years) in Management + Global Business and Society

Few facts about me
-I'm looking to do consulting in London after the Masters, but would be open to opportunities in the US should those open up from Yale SOM.
-Non-EU citizen, making it preferable to be in London for study to find jobs
- limited consulting/business experience, thus leaning toward a 2-year program to build that during the breaks for internships.
-Particularly conscious about brand name because my UK undergrad institution is a non-target. I understand that LBS travels far but probably not as well known in Asia-Pacific (where I'm from) compared to LSE. HEC even less so than LBS. Yale is Yale, but SOM is (supposedly) not as well regarded as LBS?

As you can see it's a pretty difficult decision. LBS would probably be the best choice if not for my limited business experience which may hinder any job hunt in the UK (thus warranting a 2 year degree). Between LSE and HEC-Yale, the latter probably has the better program (more practical) and gives exposure to two international environments. But LSE has great brand value and is in London, plus allows for a CEMS Double degree / MBA exchange also.

Any advice would be really appreciated!
Manager
Manager
G
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.69
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: LBS MiM / LSE Global MiM / HEC-Yale M2M [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2018, 09:29
i would say go for yale hec double degree. more time(2 years) plus hec is very strong in europe( even in london). aslo yale would be good on the cv could open opportunities in usa. Hec is very strong in france but for consulting jobs in france your french should be very good. For london ofcourse no issues. i would say go for hec yale
Manager
Manager
S
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: LBS MiM / LSE Global MiM / HEC-Yale M2M [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2018, 07:23
Hey eternaloptimist,

If you’re looking at the ROI aspect, then I would definitely suggest HEC-Yale. HEC has a great brand name in Europe, and would surely open up a plethora of great job opportunities in Europe and other areas. Similarly, Yale is very prestigious and is renown in the US, so you’d be exposed to a number of great job opportunities in the US.

Your concern about the brand name is warranted, but after 3-4 years of collecting work experience, recruiters would first focus on previous work experiences and the impact created in the workplace rather than the college brand.

LSE is a great school and has a pretty theoretical focus and is a pretty good option, but I would personally recommend HEC-Yale. You wouldn’t face any immigration problems and due to the prestige of the colleges and the curriculum, you’d greatly improve your profile. It’s also a 2-year degree, so besides learning more, you can also take a year gap after your first year, and bolster your profile with some work experience.

To know more about LBS's MiM program, check out this link: http://www.mim-essay.com/lbs-mim-review/
Also, check out this link to know more about LSE's MiM program: http://www.mim-essay.com/lse-mim-review/

Abhyank Srinet
Founder at http://www.MiM-Essay.com

MSc. in Management(MiM) Admission Consultants

Get consultation from graduates of HEC, ESCP, ESSEC, LBS & Duke

Feel free to message me, if you have any MiM/MSc. related questions or want a detailed Free profile evaluation

Re: LBS MiM / LSE Global MiM / HEC-Yale M2M   [#permalink] 15 Feb 2018, 07:23

LBS MiM / LSE Global MiM / HEC-Yale M2M

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap