Last visit was: 31 Aug 2024, 16:48 It is currently 31 Aug 2024, 16:48
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 74987 [152]
Given Kudos: 20856
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 148 [0]
Given Kudos: 521
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: Looking for a Study Buddy? Sign up Here! [#permalink]
kri1311 wrote:
Chopspoo wrote:
I already have magoosh premium
How is it? Are you able to make any improvement in Verbal with it?

I dont like the way that guy talks in the SC explanations. He starts off on the wrong answers by basically being condescending like how can this be the right answer. He goes over the wrong ones very fast making you feel like you should have gotten it right the first time.

The problem is that the reviewer already knows the answer, and will tend to favor the explanation of the correct answer. But for test taker you will always end up narrowing down between the right answer and one or 2 others. The other verbal guy in Magoosh is very neutral in his explanations of the answers and tends to spend equal time on all the choices.

This is usually not a problem if the SC error was grammar, which is black and white, but when it gets to questions where it's whether it makes sense, you run into problems. This gets worse when you are doing a mixture of CR questions and SC. You come off a CR question right before where you had to do inference, and then while you are brain is still thinking of inferences you jump to a SC question where you end up inferring the right wrong answer to be correct.

Originally posted by Deerview on 20 Jul 2021, 04:16.
Last edited by Deerview on 25 Jul 2021, 17:07, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Is Magoosh ggod gor quant though,I have purchased it a while back

good*
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
If your are good in basic maths then its good, i like magoosh quant it really helps me
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thats good.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
For quant I would suggest you see where you are at the moment:

Take a official mock and see your starting score

I for one had Q48, so I am focusing on doing questions from egmat scholaranium, gmat club tests and will later do official questions

I think GC tests are something that will open your brains. You’d learn that it is not the calculations or long methods that make the calculation tough but the reasoning. GmatClub tests give you that.

If you are struggling with basics then joining any decent course that teaches from basics certain topics can be helpful. TTP, egmat or magoosh whatever is more comfortable for you. You can take. Egmat Word problems I don’t like. On hard level questions I think most test prep companies don’t do a great job. They make the problems long and calculation intensive to increase difficulty. For eg: egmat word problems are so time taking that you cant solve them under 3.5-4mins. I am not kidding. So I would not stress too much about that part, and utilize the useful part from these courses, ie learn setting up fundamentals strong and getting into an habit of solving 31 questions at a strech. Trust me that is also another tall task.

GC tests do a super job when it comes to giving you an ultimate package. They are a tad bit harder but again taht difficulty promotes sharpening of individual’s reasoning.

Originally posted by kittle on 20 Jul 2021, 07:28.
Last edited by kittle on 20 Jul 2021, 07:34, edited 4 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hii guys

Was having trouble understanding the inscribed angle concept in a circle. Inspite of watching the videos I am still finding it confusing.

Would be great if somone can help.

DM

Originally posted by Raheelk on 21 Jul 2021, 23:57.
Last edited by Raheelk on 22 Jul 2021, 00:00, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Given Kudos: 59
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V34
GMAT 2: 660 Q49 V31
GMAT 3: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
can you please be a little specific with what exactly you’re having trouble with
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Sure

So the concept where ’2 inscribed angles intersect the same arc or chord are equal’.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Given Kudos: 59
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V34
GMAT 2: 660 Q49 V31
GMAT 3: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
okay understood

Raheelk, can you please DM, maybe I can help

Originally posted by Transponster on 22 Jul 2021, 00:10.
Last edited by Transponster on 22 Jul 2021, 00:18, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Somebody helped. Got it👍👍

Thanks.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Raheelk wrote:
Was having trouble understanding the inscribed angle concept in a circle. Inspite of watching the videos I am still finding it confusing.
Hi, there are basically two concepts around this. i) Angles subtended by a chord at the centre of the circle is 2x the angle subtended by the chord anywhere on the cirlce ii) angle subtended by chord on any point (p1) of the circle is equal to the angle subtended by the same chord on some other point (p2) of the circle

Just remember you get 2x angle at the centre and this thing is usually helpful in many questions you’d see

Originally posted by kittle on 22 Jul 2021, 03:05.
Last edited by kittle on 22 Jul 2021, 03:06, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
No worries, always happy to help the GC community. :)

Also on a different note - can someone let me know if the GC verbal/quant tests are ADAPTIVE?

I took a test where I got 25 questions correct and when I noticed the split I found that I had more 500LV questions than the 700LV

I was going pretty decent during the quiz, however I the engine did not adapt the way I was getting the questions right and continnued to throw 500 or 600 lv questions

Due to which my eventual score was a V30

Originally posted by kittle on 22 Jul 2021, 04:37.
Last edited by kittle on 22 Jul 2021, 04:39, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Hi all, just wanted to share further insights from my study. I think what most of us do wrong is not take small steps. What I mean by that is that we have set up tremendous goals for us like 30CR 30SC and 30RC questions per day. Now what happens, as a result, is that we tend to focus too much on completing the goal and more often miss on solidifying our weaknesses. If you think your weakness is SC, give it due respect. Don’t try to think that you would waste your time by getting more invested in working on weaknesses. Try to get intimate with questions, at least this is very important in the early stages and in stages when you working on your weaknesses. Trust me if it helps to hear this, there is no benefit of hopping around from one book to another.

I don’t advocate that you should not practice tons of questions. But if you practice 1000 you spend a good time analyzing those questions. People get mislead when they read quality> quantity. If you are a native speaker then of course by nature you would need more practice in Verbal but it should not necessarily look like 90SC questions in a day. You should eventually do as many questions as possible to get comfortable but if it is SC you are working on- make sure you just spend those extra 5 mins per question to review why a particular answer choice was wrong. And compare your rationale for rejecting that choice with what is given in the question. Did you spot all errors? Are there specific errors you always fail to spot? I believe this all training really helps.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Hi guys , I need help regarding quant there is no improvement at all since I belong from management background after high school I didn’t study . Finding difficult to improve my quant.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
I would suggest you dont worry first. Try to explore different free trial courses on quant by online test prep companies. TTP, eGMAT, etc. Go with what you are most comfortable with. Taking a diagnostic test will help you gauge where you stand, so do that for sure. Once you have an idea after that, use the online course accordingly.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Send PM
hi I am looking for error log for 2019 verbal review and quants review. please help
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
@aish5603 HemantSomnathe Izziedodat

Just say your names on GMAT Club Study buddy. You guys are having similar test dates or expected scores as mine.
Would you like to be in a study buddy group. We can collaborate virtually for better prep.

Let me know.
I don't know how to PM on this platform. Let me know that too :)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  19   20   21   22   23  ...  119