It is currently 19 Aug 2017, 17:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Looking to apply in September

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 700 Q42 V42
GPA: 3.4
Looking to apply in September [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2017, 11:14
Hi!

I'm a 25yo Pakistani looking to apply to Wharton for Fall '18. I'm currently preparing for my GMAT and would like to have an idea as to how much should I aim for? I know the university would look at many things other than GMAT score but it will still give me a benchmark to aim for. I have almost 2 years experience at British American Tobacco as a Territory Executive and would have similar almost 1.5 years experience as Area Sales Manager at Friesland Campina Pakistan by Fall '18. Although my work doesn't involve international exposure, I've had over 10+ people reporting to me in both the roles.

Is this kind of a job experience good enough for Wharton or do I need to really nail the GMAT and application to stand a chance? Your feedback will be highly appreciated

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 8

Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: Wharton '20
GPA: 3.3
WE: Sales (Insurance)
CAT Tests
Re: Looking to apply in September [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2017, 14:51
SalmanAK,

I am applying to Wharton in September as well. Based on the research I've done, the average Wharton admit has around a 730 GMAT score and work experience of 3-5 years. These are averages and not requirements. Wharton does not have any minimum requirements and their official response on application criteria is "we review each applicant on their individual merits..."

As a general rule of thumb, I would say you need somewhere above a 700 GMAT score, a great application/ letters of recommendation. It does seem like Wharton puts an emphasis on international students, so being from Pakistan should improve your chances. However, you will still need a competitive GMAT score. I would aim for the 730 range if possible. Good luck!

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 8

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 9 [1] , given: 31

Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Alberta"19 (A)
GMAT 1: 510 Q42 V20
GMAT 2: 570 Q40 V28
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Looking to apply in September [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2017, 22:07
This post received
KUDOS
Hi Salman,
Welcome to the GMATClub...
For Wharton, you should aim at somewhere 730 and above as rightly said by jmg08d.... Even though all the big shots say that they emphasis on a general and well-rounded application, but still the probability would be endangered if you score below 700 to be considered unless you write some remarkable application essays accompanied by outstanding recommendations.
Also, I would advise you to go through various blogs written by many application and admission consulting companies like Stratusprep, stacyblackman, accepted etc on their websites,,, as they could provide you a broader and in-depth analysis.

Hope this helps.

If someone can do it.....
Why not can I???

GMAT Clubbers,,,this can be a much better place if we opt for a usual Thanksgiving and Goodwill gesture by endorsing Kudos!!! :)
So, +1 here if you like my posts....

Kudos [?]: 9 [1] , given: 31

Re: Looking to apply in September   [#permalink] 25 Jan 2017, 22:07