GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 16 Nov 2018, 16:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

LSE MSc Accounting and Finance

new topic post reply Update application status  
Current Student
B
GMAT 1: 680 Q42 V40
GPA: 3.7
LSE MSc Accounting and Finance  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2016, 15:15
Hi everyone,

Just took my GMAT today and didn't do spectacular. 680 q42 v40. Only really looking to get into LSE MSc A&F. Should I apply with this score, and what are my chances? My profile is as below:

-3.7 GPA at a top Canadian business school
- Investment Banking Summer Analyst internship; Co-founder of investment research project; Wealth Management internship; Project director at an overseas NGO.

Extra:
- Panicked and didn't manage time well in quant section. I usually score 47+
- any advice from anyone who has been through the LSE MSc A&F program is highly appreciated!

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
B
Re: LSE MSc Accounting and Finance  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2016, 12:41
Bump
Director
Director
S

Show Tags

New post 28 Nov 2016, 09:27
I will let others who have actually applied chime in, but the general rule is that European schools care much more about scores than say US schools. With that said, you have a high GPA, probably in the top quarter of your class. Your GMAT is fine, but not amazing. The banking internship should make your resume pop.

I think you'd get into one of the LSE MSc Finance programs, not sure about A&F though. The difficulty level varies between degrees and I believe the private equity one is the hardest to get into (could be wrong).

From their website:

"There is no minimum score requirement. However competitive applicants will be looking for total scores of high 600s or more, with a quantitative section score of 85% or more."

Also, see this previous post - lse-msc-in-accounting-finance-175679.html

"It's pretty much common knowledge that the LSE MSc in Accounting and Finance is slightly less prestigious than the MSc in Finance. Nevertheless, how would you rate this program with regards to the overall landscape in Europe. As with the MSc in Finance, is it a top feeder for IB front office positions in London?"

I would also advise checking out The Student Room. Mainly EU/UK students asking and answering questions.

Good luck!

Master in Finance HQ
http://www.msfhq.com

Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 28 Nov 2016, 13:44
MSFHQ wrote:
I will let others who have actually applied chime in, but the general rule is that European schools care much more about scores than say US schools. With that said, you have a high GPA, probably in the top quarter of your class. Your GMAT is fine, but not amazing. The banking internship should make your resume pop.

I think you'd get into one of the LSE MSc Finance programs, not sure about A&F though. The difficulty level varies between degrees and I believe the private equity one is the hardest to get into (could be wrong).

From their website:

"There is no minimum score requirement. However competitive applicants will be looking for total scores of high 600s or more, with a quantitative section score of 85% or more."

Good luck!

Thanks for the response MSFHQ!

According to my research, LSE's MSc A&F is one of its easier programs to get into no? Would my q42 score be an automatic rejection? I'm having trouble finding actual LSE MSc A&F students, and am desperately looking for an answer lol. I think the rest of my profile is solid, just the GMAT quant score that's bothering me.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 12 Sep 2018, 06:24
Hi. Just wanted to know if you got through LSE? I have the same GMAT score and a GPA of 3.8 with three year work experience in one of the Big Four as a statutory auditor. Or should I rather opt Msc in AOI? If I do apply to Msc in AnF by December. Will it be too late?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: LSE MSc Accounting and Finance &nbs [#permalink] 12 Sep 2018, 06:24

LSE MSc Accounting and Finance

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap