GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 12 Dec 2018, 22:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • The winning strategy for 700+ on the GMAT

December 13, 2018

December 13, 2018

08:00 AM PST

09:00 AM PST

What people who reach the high 700's do differently? We're going to share insights, tips and strategies from data we collected on over 50,000 students who used examPAL.
  • GMATbuster's Weekly GMAT Quant Quiz, Tomorrow, Saturday at 9 AM PST

December 14, 2018

December 14, 2018

09:00 AM PST

10:00 AM PST

10 Questions will be posted on the forum and we will post a reply in this Topic with a link to each question. There are prizes for the winners.

Magoosh course, can I complete it in one month?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, Strategy
GPA: 3.6
GMAT ToolKit User
Magoosh course, can I complete it in one month?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2014, 04:58
Hi, I had my first GMAT yesterday and I scored a quite poor 610 (Q42 V31). I decided for magoosh because it has the money back if you don't score 50+ (actually I hope to score 700..) but I Will be satisfied as well with a 660+. My question is, studying for gmat (magoosh and OG) for 4 hours/day or more is it possible to complete it in more or less 30 days?

PS: I don't have to watch all the videos because I have a quite solid general preparation, so, as the first video suggests, I will skip the overview video in order to concentrate to the ones specific

Thank you all in advance
Magoosh GMAT Instructor
G
Re: Magoosh course, can I complete it in one month?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2014, 11:37
Downunder87 wrote:
Hi, I had my first GMAT yesterday and I scored a quite poor 610 (Q42 V31). I decided for magoosh because it has the money back if you don't score 50+ (actually I hope to score 700..) but I Will be satisfied as well with a 660+. My question is, studying for gmat (magoosh and OG) for 4 hours/day or more is it possible to complete it in more or less 30 days?

PS: I don't have to watch all the videos because I have a quite solid general preparation, so, as the first video suggests, I will skip the overview video in order to concentrate to the ones specific

Thank you all in advance

Dear Downunder87,
Congratulations on signing up for Magoosh. :-)

Here's a one-month study plan schedule that you may find helpful.
http://magoosh.com/gmat/2012/1-month-gm ... -schedule/
Especially because you don't need to watch all the videos, you definitely could complete it within 30 days. Best of luck to you, and let me know if you have any questions.

Mike :-)

Mike McGarry
Magoosh Test Prep

Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire. — William Butler Yeats (1865 – 1939)

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools: Insead July'17
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 720 Q40 V49
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 02 Oct 2014, 06:40
Hello, just to follow up on the same thread - does the 50 point guarantee apply for a 1 month plan, on the premise that all the videos will probably not be viewed in such a short period? I have already taken the GMAT and currently I am looking to spruce up my score with such a course.

Kindly let me know.

Thanks!
Magoosh GMAT Instructor
G

Show Tags

New post 02 Oct 2014, 09:31
sudarshan1988 wrote:
Hello, just to follow up on the same thread - does the 50 point guarantee apply for a 1 month plan, on the premise that all the videos will probably not be viewed in such a short period? I have already taken the GMAT and currently I am looking to spruce up my score with such a course.

Kindly let me know.

Thanks!

Dear sudarshan1988,
I'm happy to respond. :-)

As far as we at Magoosh are concerned, the time-period over which you study or the study schedule you follow is absolutely irrelevant to our score guarantee. Several times, we have had students who watched all the lessons and watched all the VEs for questions they got wrong in a period of two weeks or less. If you fulfill the terms of the guarantee, you qualify: plain and simple. How much time you take to do so is your business, but doesn't change our guarantee at all. Our one month study plan ...
keeps an intense pace, but it covers all the Magoosh lesson videos in a month. That's a lot of material to integrate, but if you can maintain your focus throughout the month, all that information can truly help your performance. What we have to offer really helps folks. That's precisely why we make this guarantee.

I will also say: get out of this mindset of wanting to "spruce up" your GMAT score. Get out of the mindset that, because you already did well, you need to do only a little bit better. Under no circumstances should you aim for "a little bit better." That is a recipe for disaster. You should aim for excellence. You should hold yourself up to the standard of excellence and strive for that in every way. Aiming for "a little bit better" is almost a guaranteed way of doing worst on the second try. Commit yourself to giving your all to this second GMAT, giving your all and holding nothing back. In every moment of studying, strive to bring your very best to the task. Make it your goal to make a statement that blows adcom away. My friend, you deserve absolutely nothing less than this.

Does all this make sense?

Mike McGarry
Magoosh Test Prep

Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire. — William Butler Yeats (1865 – 1939)

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools: Insead July'17
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 720 Q40 V49
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2014, 00:06
Thanks Mike, for your clarification! I do agree with all that you have said :)
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 600 Q42 V32
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.7
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2016, 09:34
mikemcgarry wrote:
Downunder87 wrote:

Thank you all in advance

Dear Downunder87,
Congratulations on signing up for Magoosh. :-)

Here's a one-month study plan schedule that you may find helpful.
Especially because you don't need to watch all the videos, you definitely could complete it within 30 days. Best of luck to you, and let me know if you have any questions.

Hi Mike,

Hope you are fine.

Magoosh team's posts are excellent! Thank you for the amazing work done in the club.

I took the GMAT in Dec and scored a 710 Q48 V38.

I want to ask is it possible for me to go from 710 to 730 in 30-45 days? I need to go from V38-> V40/Q41 and Q48->Q49/Q50.

What materials should I use if I need to go to 730 and what are the best practices?

I saw the Magoosh Score Guarantee that assures a 50 point increase if the procedures are followed rigorously. Do you think it will help someone like me to achieve 730+?

For RC I did 4 LSAT passages/ 28 LSAT RC questions a day with a 60 minutes time limit- totally I did about 160 LSAT RC passages. For CR I did 15 LSAT CR sets but I was not able to internalize the strategies and in the end of my preps I felt LSAT CR was different from GMAT CR however in the main exam I felt the GMAT tested a lot of LSAT concepts, such as Correlation vs Causation and flaw in the passage etc for which there are only a very few official questions. Totally 900 CR ( 400 Official question from gmat prep software / OG/ Verbal Review ) questions. For quant I used only buneal's and Karishma's solutions but in the exam I felt the quant questions to be very different from the mocks that I had taken- totally 3000 quant questions. I think in the anxiety my brains stops working. For SC I did only official questions and maintained an excel containing Ron Purewalls solutions for each answer- totally 700 SC questions. But beyond all this I dont know what to do to go beyond 710.

Here are my mock scores

Kaplan 1 720
Kaplan 2 710
Kaplan 3 700
Kaplan 4 680
Kaplan 5 650

Mgmat 1 650
Mgmat 2 640
Mgmat 3 670
Mgmat 4 590
Mgmat 5 670
Mgmat 6 680

Veritas 1 620
Veritas 2 540
Veritas 3 620
Veritas 4 620
Veritas 5 620
Veritas 6 620
Veritas 7 620

Exampack 1 Prep 3 700
Exampack 2 Prep 4 740
Exampack 1 Prep 3 Reset- 690
Exampack 2 Prep 4 Reset- 770

Beyond this I dont have any other mock exams to take too. Please could you guide me exactly what I need to do to go from 710 to 730+.

Sorry for the long post.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Alchemist
Magoosh GMAT Instructor
G

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2016, 10:52
Dear Alchemist,

First of all, the Magoosh score guarantee is what it is. Many times folks have signed up for Magoosh after a 700+ performance, and it's exceedingly rare that Magoosh has to make that refund to anyone. If you take advantage of everything Magoosh had to offer, the sky is the limit. Think about it: even if this a rare case in which Magoosh fails to live up to its +50 promise, you are still exceedingly likely to get to 730.

You are looking to make progress in elite territory, so I would recommend this blog:
http://magoosh.com/gmat/2014/gmat-study ... 0-or-more/
Also, as you study for a retake, I would recommend this post:
https://magoosh.com/gmat/2014/lower-on- ... ice-tests/

Now, you pose a particular problem, insofar as you have exhausted almost every practice test under the sun. You didn't list the first two GMAT Prep tests, but I assume you burned through them long ago.

You used the official exam packs. Have you used the GMATPrep Question Pack 1 also? The paper tests, while not ideal, would still give you some more official questions to practice. Also, I assume you are aware of the Verbal & Quantitative Review books. You can answer those question in the hard copy book or do the same questions on the computer. If it's been a while since you have taken the GMATPrep tests, I would recommend downloading the software again and taking them again: yes, you will see some repeats, but it's a way to get another shot at the test-taking experience. You might sign up for the MGMAT CATs using the code in a different MGMAT book, and take those tests again. None of this is ideal, but given your history, I think it's the best we can do.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Mike McGarry
Magoosh Test Prep

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 600 Q42 V32
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.7
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2016, 20:21
mikemcgarry wrote:
Dear Alchemist,

First of all, the Magoosh score guarantee is what it is. Many times folks have signed up for Magoosh after a 700+ performance, and it's exceedingly rare that Magoosh has to make that refund to anyone. If you take advantage of everything Magoosh had to offer, the sky is the limit. Think about it: even if this a rare case in which Magoosh fails to live up to its +50 promise, you are still exceedingly likely to get to 730.

You are looking to make progress in elite territory, so I would recommend this blog:
http://magoosh.com/gmat/2014/gmat-study ... 0-or-more/
Also, as you study for a retake, I would recommend this post:
https://magoosh.com/gmat/2014/lower-on- ... ice-tests/

Now, you pose a particular problem, insofar as you have exhausted almost every practice test under the sun. You didn't list the first two GMAT Prep tests, but I assume you burned through them long ago.

You used the official exam packs. Have you used the GMATPrep Question Pack 1 also? The paper tests, while not ideal, would still give you some more official questions to practice. Also, I assume you are aware of the Verbal & Quantitative Review books. You can answer those question in the hard copy book or do the same questions on the computer. If it's been a while since you have taken the GMATPrep tests, I would recommend downloading the software again and taking them again: yes, you will see some repeats, but it's a way to get another shot at the test-taking experience. You might sign up for the MGMAT CATs using the code in a different MGMAT book, and take those tests again. None of this is ideal, but given your history, I think it's the best we can do.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Hi Mike,

Thank you for reverting.

I dropped a mail to the magoosh team for enrolling to '50 point improvement guarantee' plan.

Is there anything else that I need to do for the subscription? Please let me know.

Thanks,
Rakshith
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Magoosh course, can I complete it in one month? &nbs [#permalink] 26 Jan 2016, 20:21

Magoosh course, can I complete it in one month?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap