Summer is Coming! Join the Game of Timers Competition to Win Epic Prizes. Registration is Open. Game starts Mon July 1st.

It is currently 17 Jul 2019, 15:41

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Maintaining accuracy or Attempting all Questions in GMAT ??

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Best way to attempt verbal in GMAT for getting a score of 35.

You may select 1 option
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: YLP '20 (S)
GMAT 1: 630 Q41 V28
Maintaining accuracy or Attempting all Questions in GMAT ??  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Jun 2019, 10:21
I have been giving GMAT Mocks and I have been performing very poorly in Verbal (My Quants score varies between 49-51). I am hell lot stressed and need some suggestions/guidance/motivation.

I will be appearing for GMAT in the first week of August and what I wanted to ask was whether I should attempt all the questions (by compromising with my accuracy) or should I just focus on doing 18-19 questions with higher accuracy in 65 minutes. Which one is more advisable and if I am not attempting all the questions, will I affect my score (even after having a higher accuracy in the questions I attempted) .

Thanks a lot !
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: YLP '20 (S)
GMAT 1: 630 Q41 V28
Re: Maintaining accuracy or Attempting all Questions in GMAT ??  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Jun 2019, 10:33
General GMAT Forum Moderator
V
WE: General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Maintaining accuracy or Attempting all Questions in GMAT ??  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Jun 2019, 12:48
nikhiljha97 wrote:
I have been giving GMAT Mocks and I have been performing very poorly in Verbal (My Quants score varies between 49-51). I am hell lot stressed and need some suggestions/guidance/motivation.

I will be appearing for GMAT in the first week of August and what I wanted to ask was whether I should attempt all the questions (by compromising with my accuracy) or should I just focus on doing 18-19 questions with higher accuracy in 65 minutes. Which one is more advisable and if I am not attempting all the questions, will I affect my score (even after having a higher accuracy in the questions I attempted) .

Thanks a lot !

Hi Nikhil,

Thank you for your Question. GMAT can only be aced once you achieve a balance between achieving high accuracy and attempting all the questions. While achieving accuracy is of vital importance, it is also important to NOT leave any questions unanswered. The penalty for doing so will be extremely high. While you may skip a few questions in the middle sections if you fall behind time, I would certainly not recommend going with a strategy of leaving 10-11 questions in Verbal (as you have suggested above) as it can prove to be highly detrimental to your score. As your exam is still a month and a half away, I would encourage you try and achieve a balance between accuracy and timing through additional practice.

You may refer to the wonderful analysis of GMATPREP software. I am sure you will find it insightful. https://gmatclub.com/forum/new-format-g ... 69682.html

Hope this helps. All the best!
G
Concentration: Nonprofit, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 630 Q47 V30
WE: Operations (Non-Profit and Government)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Maintaining accuracy or Attempting all Questions in GMAT ??  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Jun 2019, 17:51
nikhiljha97 wrote:

Thanks a lot !

Please strike a balance between accuracy and speed. Don't leave any questions unanswered, it's an adaptive test. Getting a seris of questions wrong will pull down your score.
Interesting Read for you: https://gmatclub.com/forum/new-format-g ... ml?fl=menu

GMAT Math Book

-I never wanted what I gave up
I never gave up what I wanted-
GMAT Club Bot
Maintaining accuracy or Attempting all Questions in GMAT ??   [#permalink] 25 Jun 2019, 17:51

Maintaining accuracy or Attempting all Questions in GMAT ??

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: abhimahna