Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 17:56 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 17:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 642 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:Wharton'11 HBS'12
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 265 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Did you look at Princeton Review as an option? I am doing their online course and I love it. I have access to the instructors, and so far, so good. Very helpful. I couldn't do the classroom course but the materials are the same and they rock.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 642 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:Wharton'11 HBS'12
Send PM
[#permalink]
well I am looking for a group to help me push in the 700 range..
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Did you look at Princeton Review as an option? I am doing their online course and I love it. I have access to the instructors, and so far, so good. Very helpful. I couldn't do the classroom course but the materials are the same and they rock.

Crazy house

Is princeton review course really good? Since I am thinking of taking it and dont want to waste my money like I did for taking Kaplan. I am planning to take the Classroom PR course and you mention the materials are the same?? Please give your honest feedback. How much is the online course and is one better then the other?

PLease advice.
Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Quote:
well I am looking for a group to help me push in the 700 range..

From all the postings I read so far in this forum, the programs with highest reviews are Manhattan and Veritas.

I can share my experience in the Veritas 2-week intensive program taken Feb this year.

I have read more than once that 99-percentiles do not make good instructors. I think that's a broad generalization or perception. I don't think training for n hours can guarantee good instructors either.

After all, the question really is: Which level are you at in terms of GMAT preparation?

In general, the more prior GMAT experience you have or the better your are to absorb materials, the more ROI you can get from these classes. All programs are going to teach the basic techniques. Since there are so many basic techniques, students can easily be overwhelmed by the materials. However, only the better programs can teach the advanced techniques getting to higher scoring levels.

Before I took the Veritas class, my goal back then was the same as yours - to bring my score above 700. I found the Veritas class very useful because I can work with the top GMAT scorers (99-percentiles) and learn their way to approach the most advanced questions. For advanced GMAT questions there are really no easy or general techniques getting to the right answers. These are questions that differentiates better and best students. This is where the value of Veritas came in - I learn by following the instructor's mental process (logic) to approach such advanced problems in an efficient manner. Sometimes the logic may not be that apparent, sometimes the question is so difficult that even the instructor need to use their "magic gut feel" to eliminate wrong choices and maximize the chance of picking the correct answers (they are correct most of the time, if not all). These are techniques not all programs can teach.

My 0.02.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Some people like the bigger companies like PR or Kaplan. I think they're more general so if you are a bit alien to the test, then one of those courses might work for you. If you are just trying to up an already decent score, then one of the smaller ones, which are more willing to tailor to what you want is better. I took it with Manhattan Review, you should check them out. they were pretty good.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
I love my Princeton Review course. It's a lot more engaging than I would have expected. I am easily bored when I am online (well, when I am on the computer in general), and it has actually managed to keep my attention. The Online course that I'm taking is $599.

I would have done the classroom course if I could have, just because I like the classroom setting. I guess it depends on your schedule and how much you prefer studying independently vs. in a classroom.

And I think PR is definitely better than Kaplan!!
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]