It is currently 19 Aug 2017, 07:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Master in Management MIM Germany? (WHU - Mannheim - HHL)

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V33
Master in Management MIM Germany? (WHU - Mannheim - HHL) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2015, 08:11
Hi there,

I'm looking for a Master in Management for Sept 2015 intake.

My top choices are:

1. WHU Otto Beisheim
2. Mannheim
3. HHL

I am also considering several masters in the UK (Cass, Warwick, ...) but I would prefer Germany in order to improve my german skills.

My profile:
25 years old - Swiss
BBA in Geneva grade 4.9/6- exchange semester in the UK
16 months work experience as Hedge fund accountant / Middle Office in a Family office
GMAT 670 (Q49V33) - IELTS 7 - Intermediate level of German (B2)

What are my chances to get in any of these masters? Is there any other good B-school I should consider?

Many thanks for your help :wink:

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 2

GRE 1: 322 Q163 V159
GPA: 3.67
WE: Marketing (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2015, 02:23
Hi there

Overall you have a decent profile. If you are considering going to a business school in Germany, then Mannheim is your best option. The school is recognized worldwide and you will have better employment opportunities if you attend Mannheim. WHU is the second best school in Germany. I would advise against applying to schools other than these in Germany.
As far your chances are concerned, I will need to know a little bit more about you - leadership experience, major achievements, extracurricular activities, volunteer work, etc. Let me know more, and I can suggest some more schools. Remember that GPA and GMAT score are the most important factors that determine your selection for MIM.

All the best

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

http://www.InterviewBay.com

Application Reviews & Mock Interviews by Alumni of your Target B-School

Check out our fee E-book on How to Get Into a Top Business School http://www.interviewbay.com/mba/how-to- ... -ebook.php

All the Best
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

http://www.InterviewBay.com

Application Reviews & Mock Interviews by Alumni of Your Target B-School

Check out our free e-book How To Get Into A Top Business School here http://www.interviewbay.com/mba/how-to-get-into-a-top-business-school-ebook.php

Check out our new free e-book Top Business Schools For Different Concentrations here http://www.interviewbay.com/ebooks.php

Last edited by interviewbay22 on 21 Jan 2015, 06:11, edited 1 time in total.

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 2

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2015, 15:50
Hi davsav89,

I think with WHU, Mannheim and HHL you have covered the good German B-schools pretty much.

You mentioned that the reason for a German B-school is that you want to enhance your German language skills. If the language is your major reason, you may want to consider that the german-speaking region is bigger than Germany itself (you specifically asked for b-schools in Germany). Austria and Switzerland also might have good b-schools.

At Mannheim admission depends on your point score, the computation is explained on the university websites. In german-speaking forums there is plenty of discussions, with which pointage you can be expected to be admitted.
At WHU, admission pretty much depends on the admission day. With your profile I would think that you would be invited, but how it goes from there is difficult to assess without further information.

Also you may want to keep in mind, that Mannheim on the one hand is a huge, public institution, whereas WHU (and HHL) are (rather) small, private institutions. This has implications on fees and the day-to-day situation of studying.

If you want detailed statistics on the MiM programs, I would suggest to look closely into the Financial Times (FT) MiM 2014 ranking data. While they rank the programmes, I think the rank itself is basically meaningless for an individual (would you put the weights exactly as the Financial Times did?). However, the financial times offers a pdf-file with very detailed information on the different parameters of the various programs (and also on the weightage the Financial times used to come up with their rank). Personally, I find this detailed statistics to be pretty useful.

Last edited by eduaudax on 29 Jan 2015, 02:41, edited 3 times in total.

Intern
Intern

Re: Master in Management MIM Germany? (WHU - Mannheim - HHL) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2015, 00:18
Hi guys,

Many thanks for your answer,

I will apply to these schools by the end of the week. Even though I am looking for a master in a German speaking country, I won't consider Switzerland and Austria. It is more the german experience as a whole I am interested into.

I am more interested in a small and private uni but then I would only have 2 choices in Germany. By applying to these 3 + maybe EBS I hope I would get accepted by at least one of them.

However I will have a look on the full FT report about these uni.

Any idea on HHL? Anyone else applying to these schools?

Many thanks,

David

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2015, 08:30
hi all,

I am also trying for the German schools (French schools also) . for this fall

My Profile
> High School 7.5/10 gpa
> Under grad 2.7/4
> GMAT 650+ expected
> Work ex - started and established my own company and managed it for 3 years along graduation
> No international experience

My Target are
> WHU - priority for my entrepreneul career
> HHL
> EBS
> Mannheim
> HEC Lausanne - Switzerland

To be honest i am worried about my grad scores, cant understand if it is sufficient or not.
Another thing, although i am from India iv got no international exposure, so is that going to be a big thing at WHU ?
What about the other schools ?

Any help is huge !!

SDG

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2015, 16:51
Hi DSG,

I don't think the international exposure is a big issue as it seems they focus on managment or entrepreneurial experiences.

When will you take the GMAT?

I will apply to HHL, WHU by the end of the week/beg of next week and to Mannheim in March when inscriptions open.

Have you applied to any other uni yet?

Gd luck for the gmat

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2015, 12:57
@devsav

ohh great !!!! i know WHU is entrepreneur bases........ Thats why i am applying! .........But my concern is just my entrepreneur background and experiences enough to cut it? i am worried about my grad scores :? :wall

I am planning to take the gmat next month ..... really tensed score is not rising above 620 in the prep. lets hope for the best :?

oh, great !! so i guess our applications wont come in conflict :P as your evaluation will be before mine, considering the fact that they take in on a rolling basis..... good luck !! :gl
ap per what others said Mannheim is good and best part is that it is totally FREE :band ...... if i would qualify there(which i will not) it would be my second preference) after WHU

i will apply to unil (HEC Lausanne) , as soon as i get my transcripts approved from my university in 2 weeks from now. Speaking of which, you are Swiss right!! :flower
You are not applying there ? Could you tell me how is the university and the school, just a rough idea based on what you know ......how are they on the admissions--- curriculum --- job placements etc :shock: :?: How is the swiss job market for no-eu business student ? :???

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 163 [0], given: 623

Concentration: General Management, Finance
Schools: Mannheim
GMAT 1: 560 Q46 V22
GPA: 3.1
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2015, 06:16
Hi guys,
I am pretty much in the same boat.My GPA is 3/4.I gave GMAT in december and got 560.I am planning to apply to WHU,HHL and Manheim Business school.Now gona give gmat again by 10th of march.Got a score of 640 for 3 times in MGMAT tests.Around 12-14 days to go to give a shot again.Mannheim and HHL have their deadlines set at 31st may for non-EU students.Hoping for the best. :)

ITS NOT OVER , UNTIL I WIN ! I CAN, AND I WILL .PERIOD.

Kudos [?]: 163 [0], given: 623

VP
VP
S

Kudos [?]: 624 [0], given: 20

GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: 1540 Q800 V740

Show Tags

New post 08 May 2015, 05:42
Best Master in Management programs in Europe cracked!

“Do you really think it is possible for me to even aim for schools like HEC and LBS?”. This was the first question that Anubhuti Agarwal asked us when we met her. The question is not entirely without basis. The Master in Management program at HEC Paris is one of the most competitive in Europe, rivalled only by other top programs like the London Business School Masters in Management. At that time, little did Anubhuti know that not only would she make it to HEC, but also to London Business School and IE Spain for the Masters in Management programs.

Read More Here

GyanOne | Top MBA Rankings and MBA Admissions Blog

Top MBA Admissions Consulting | Top MiM Admissions Consulting

Premium MBA Essay Review|Best MBA Interview Preparation|Exclusive GMAT coaching

Get a FREE Detailed MBA Profile Evaluation | Call us now +91 98998 31738

Kudos [?]: 624 [0], given: 20

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 4

Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 17 Jun 2015, 12:51
Well guys Manheim, HHL and WHU are really great schools for the MiM in Germany and have a decent ranking in the FT world rankings.
A very strong GMAT score is not required for them and i suppose a GMAT above 650 along with a good application package will be enough to get you into these schools.
An application package with great essays & LOR's more than compensates for your average CGPA or relatively low GMAT score .
You can get your profile evaluated at http://www.mim-essay.com/mim-profile-evaluation-.html , to get a better idea about the colleges you can target and understand what things matter to the school's admission committee.

If you are really interested in Entrepreneurship most of the top ranked colleges have specializations offerings of Entrepreneurship for example the "E-option" of ESCP Europe, where students opting for the entrepreneurship specialization are sent to the Madrid campus for 6 months and courses & activities related to entrepreneurship are conducted. The best part is you can do a double specialization in say Finance or Marketing after you have completed your E-option specialization. This would give you much more value when you enter the job market. Most of the 2 years programs offered by schools such as HEC, ESCP, Bocconi have good entrepreneurship tracks. More and more students are moving towards Entrepreneurship in these schools. IE in Spain is also very well know for its entrepreneurship roots.
These colleges are very well known in international circles and their degrees can open a lot of doors for you.
If you are worried about the tuition fees colleges such as ESSEC, ESCP and HEC offer good scholarships to candidates they deem deserving. Its in the range of 25-75%.
So you can keep you options open and apply to many colleges.
To get more information about the MiM degree and how to make an effective application check out : http://www.mim-essay.com/our-services2.html
We are a start up by MiM students from top ranked MiM schools, dedicated to help you build the best application possible.
Visit us to find out more.

Regards,
Abhyank Srinet
http://www.MiM-Essay.com

Abhyank Srinet
Founder at http://www.MiM-Essay.com

MSc. in Management(MiM) Admission Consultants

Get consultation from graduates of HEC, ESCP, ESSEC, LBS & Duke

Feel free to message me, if you have any MiM/MSc. related questions or want a detailed Free profile evaluation

Last edited by Abhyank on 17 Jul 2015, 15:00, edited 1 time in total.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 29 Jun 2015, 03:58
Hi everybody,

I have been admitted to the MiM Mannheim and MiM HHL ... is here any current students who can help me, especially from Mannheim? I am trying to understand how's the master: it seems to me a very old-fashioned b. school but I'm still trying to figure it out. How are the lectures? How many people are in each class? How is the job placement? What's the reputation of both the b. school in the country?

If anyone could help me with some advice, it would be mostly appreciated.

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Concentration: International Business, General Management
GMAT Date: 07-31-2015

Show Tags

New post 29 Jun 2015, 04:50
GyanOne wrote:
Best Master in Management programs in Europe cracked!

“Do you really think it is possible for me to even aim for schools like HEC and LBS?”. This was the first question that Anubhuti Agarwal asked us when we met her. The question is not entirely without basis. The Master in Management program at HEC Paris is one of the most competitive in Europe, rivalled only by other top programs like the London Business School Masters in Management. At that time, little did Anubhuti know that not only would she make it to HEC, but also to London Business School and IE Spain for the Masters in Management programs.

Read More Here

Hey,

maybe do you have some suggestion for management studies with free tuition fee? I have a solid profile, but no financial recources :D Among the opportunities I see University of Mannheim, but something else in Europe?

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 29 Jun 2015, 14:18
Well the tuition fees of most of the top MiM business schools in Europe usually cost over 30000 euros, but some of them have really good scholarships that can really help ease of financial pressure.
For example both HEC and ESCP offer great scholarships to students they deem deserving. ESCP is also known to offer scholarships in the range of 25,50 & 75% of the total tuition fees. To top things, you can then apply for french government scholarships like Charpak, Eiffel, Alliance Francaise and so on which offer you monthly stipends to the tune of 650-1100 euros per month.

I personally know a girl, who got offered a 75% scholarship at ESCP and went on to get the Eiffel scholarship(1100 euro stipend monthly). So she is basically getting paid to study in France and complete her masters.

So well it totally depends on your profile and your application essays. If they could pull it off, so could you.

You can also opt for the apprentisage track, where you work for a company and study side by side. The company pays you a stipend and takes care of your tuition fees. So this is a great way to finance your studies too. ESSEC has really good apprentisage programs.

For other countries i am not really sure, but they should have good scholarships too. Ofcourse, education in Germany is highly subsidized so it is very attractive to students.

Hope the answer helped.
You can check out http://www.MiM-Essay.com, to get application help from MiM students and learn what goes into submitting the best application for the Masters in Management.

Regards,

Abhyank Srinet

Feel free to message me, if you have any MiM/MSc. related questions or want a detailed Free profile evaluation

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2015, 08:43
Hai..I am admitted into EBS business school germany and would really appreciate if you could review the school. Its job prospects, reputation in germany, is it worth spending 24k euro etc. Thanks in advance!

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 12

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2015, 10:46
Hi,
I got through Msc in management course at both HHL Leipzig graduate school of management and EBS university.
How should I choose ?

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 12

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 Oct 2016, 23:01
Hi,

I am applying for the Msters in Management program at EBS and HHL and wanted to know which University is better out of the two?
My profile:
10th-90.5%
12th-85.6%
BBA- 3.18/4
Work Exp: 28 months
IELTS- 7.5
GMAT 640

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2016, 15:43
This post was
BOOKMARKED
pujaghy wrote:
Hi,

I am applying for the Msters in Management program at EBS and HHL and wanted to know which University is better out of the two?
My profile:
10th-90.5%
12th-85.6%
BBA- 3.18/4
Work Exp: 28 months
IELTS- 7.5
GMAT 640

The Financial Times (MiM 2016) ranks EBS higher than HHL, despite HHL graduates earning a higher salary (according to the mentioned ranking). So take a close look, to find out what is important for you from the published ranking data.

Regarding EBS, one should be aware of the fact that EBS has been acquired by SRH Holding in July 2016, and so far it is difficult to assess which implications for direction this change in the ownership strucutre has (maybe this is news for some international people).
Link (German language, but one can translate with translation software): http://www.handelsblatt.com/unternehmen ... 37950.html

Why are you not considering other options, e.g. WHU?

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2016, 13:07
Hi,

I am Industrial engineering Graduate from India, planning to apply for Masters in Management for the programs at HHL, EBS, Mannheim and WHU ( not sure about TUM)

My Profile:

BE - Industrial Engineering & Management - Secured 65%

Work Ex - 15 months + 6 months

IELTS - 8

TOEFL - Expecting above 105

GMAT - Expecting Above 700

I have talked to these universities about my eligibility to apply for their MIM course. But everybody is asking for a copy of my transcript. (which I will be sending in the next 2 weeks) and nobody is able to give me a clear answer.

Can anybody help me to know whether I am eligible to apply for the MIM course in these universities?

If yes, then what is my probability of getting to the interview stage for these universities.

Thanks for the help in advance

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 11 [1] , given: 0

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2016, 00:02
This post received
KUDOS
ashish760 wrote:
I am Industrial engineering Graduate from India, planning to apply for Masters in Management for the programs at HHL, EBS, Mannheim and WHU ( not sure about TUM)

I have talked to these universities about my eligibility to apply for their MIM course. But everybody is asking for a copy of my transcript. (which I will be sending in the next 2 weeks) and nobody is able to give me a clear answer.

Can anybody help me to know whether I am eligible to apply for the MIM course in these universities?

If yes, then what is my probability of getting to the interview stage for these universities.

Hi ashish760,

most German master programs in business administration assume that you already studied to some parts business administration/management. The name of your major "BE - Industrial Engineering & Management" implies that you have so. However, i imagine that the officials would like to see the transcript to check whether your business background is actually sufficient. (e.g. Mannheim requires that you have at least 36 ECTS in business administration/management.)

Since your major is business engineering I assume that you will fulfill these requirements at all your mentioned business schools. But without knowing the details, nobody can give you a guarantee.

From the other data you provided, I think you have a good chance at all the mentioned business schools. WHU also requires international experience, while you have not stated anything in this regard (although it may be that WHU is more flexible for this in case of international students)
Please note that Mannheim is conducting no interviews in the application process. Your application depends solely on a calculation of points, which you can infer from their website (your assumed GMAT helps you definately with this, but also a huge emphasis is on having done a semester abroad).
For the other schools, I would assume that you get to the interview stage (with your assumed GMAT result). From then on, it is difficult to tell.

Feel free to ask further questions or to ask for clarification.

Kudos [?]: 11 [1] , given: 0

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2016, 06:46
ashish760 wrote:
Hi,

My Profile:

BE - Industrial Engineering & Management - Secured 65%

Work Ex - 15 months + 6 months

IELTS - 8

TOEFL - Expecting above 105

GMAT - Expecting Above 700

Thanks for the help in advance

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Hey Ashish,

Well german schools are very particular about candidates having a business background, it is only EBS which allows you to submit an application if you have a non-business engineering profile.

Now in your case it is a bit tricky as you have a Industrial engineering and management degree.
So this can be considered as a dual degree, and if you have enough subjects in the management domain, schools should allow you to apply.

I guess thats why schools are asking you for the transcripts.
For example schools such as Mannheim explicitly state the ECTS requirement of business subjects.

Your work ex and GMAT are good.
CGPA may be a problem, especially if its on the lower side of your batch. (Can be explained in essays)

But with a well rounded application you should have a good shot at your target schools.

There are alot of factors which dictate if you land in the interview stage or not, plus the schools you are targetting vary in their competetiveness.
For example WHU and Mannheim are pretty competetive.

On an average you should have a 60% shot atleast.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Abhyank Srinet

Master in Management MIM Germany? (WHU - Mannheim - HHL)   [#permalink] 23 Dec 2016, 06:46