Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 04:09 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 04:09

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [1]
Given Kudos: 47
Concentration: Marketing, Healthcare
WE:Account Management (Health Care)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 66 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Healthcare, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GMAT 2: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 2.8
WE:Project Management (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: MBA in healthcare [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi RahulSha,
It's fantastic that you already have 8+ years in the medical device industry. I myself worked in the industry post-MBA and found it an immensely interesting sector.

The good news is that many top business schools feel the same way and recognize the importance of the healthcare sector as well as its unique characteristics. Thus, many schools offer healthcare concentrations, majors, or even specialized degrees. What this degree is called and how the programs are structured may vary from school to school.

Within the top 20 US schools, I like these 5 for their very strong healthcare programs/majors as well as alumni network within the industry -

1. Wharton Healthcare Management program (HCM)
2. Duke Fuqua
3. Northwestern Kellogg
4. Columbia
5. Carnegie Mellon Tepper (MBA/MSHCPM)

That said, I do encourage you to do more research into what the other top 20 schools may offer for a healthcare specialization. You may find that more schools than you think offer resources / courses in this very important industry.

If you wish to discuss your profile in further detail, feel free to schedule a consultation with us. Wishing you the best in your MBA journey!

Sincerely,
Debbie
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mbaMissionDebbie wrote:
Hi RahulSha,
It's fantastic that you already have 8+ years in the medical device industry. I myself worked in the industry post-MBA and found it an immensely interesting sector.

The good news is that many top business schools feel the same way and recognize the importance of the healthcare sector as well as its unique characteristics. Thus, many schools offer healthcare concentrations, majors, or even specialized degrees. What this degree is called and how the programs are structured may vary from school to school.

Within the top 20 US schools, I like these 5 for their very strong healthcare programs/majors as well as alumni network within the industry -

2. Duke Fuqua
3. Northwestern Kellogg
4. Columbia

That said, I do encourage you to do more research into what the other top 20 schools may offer for a healthcare specialization. You may find that more schools than you think offer resources / courses in this very important industry.

If you wish to discuss your profile in further detail, feel free to schedule a consultation with us. Wishing you the best in your MBA journey!

Sincerely,
Debbie

Thank you so much Debbie.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mbaMissionDebbie wrote:
Hi RahulSha,

2. Duke Fuqua
3. Northwestern Kellogg
4. Columbia

Sincerely,
Debbie

Can you also suggest some B-schools in Europe, Canada and Australia that offer an MBA in healthcare stream.
Another question I wanted to ask is whether the average gmat scores for these courses are relatively lower than the regular MBA?
VP
VP
Status:Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Own Kudos [?]: 204 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Send PM
Hi,

A career in healthcare management after MBA can be very rewarding. Here are the top MBA programs with specialization in healthcare:

1) Cornell University - Executive MBA/MS in Healthcare Leadership dual degree
2) Harvard University - MBA Health Care Initiative
3) University of Pennsylvania -MBA -Health Care Management Major
4) MIT - MBA Health Care Certificate
5) University of Michigan - MBA-Healthcare Management Concentration
6) University of Virginia - MBA Healthcare
7) Yale University - MBA Healthcare
8) CMU Tepper - MBA Healthcare Policy and Management
9) Columbia University - MBA Healthcare and Pharmaceutical Management
10) Emory University - MBA in Healthcare Consulting

There are many more programs. We will be happy to discuss this in detail with you based on your requirements.

You can visit our Website or try our Intelligent B-School Selector Tool for a better evaluation.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
GeneralEducation wrote:
Hi,

A career in healthcare management after MBA can be very rewarding. Here are the top MBA programs with specialization in healthcare:

There are many more programs. We will be happy to discuss this in detail with you based on your requirements.

You can visit our Website or try our Intelligent B-School Selector Tool for a better evaluation.

Thank you. Will connect after giving the test.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
GeneralEducation wrote:
Hi,

Hi, I have scored a 690 with Q49, V35, IR7 on the online GMAT. I will be going for another attempt after around a month. Wanted your advice on wheter this is a decent score for targeting healthcare MBA in top B schools. Also wanted to check if there is any college whose application deadline is approaching for such programs.
Moderator:
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
1452 posts