GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Dec 2018, 02:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • MBA Admissions Consulting: Five-Day Special for Hourly Services

December 17, 2018

December 17, 2018

09:00 PM PST

10:00 PM PST

There’s still time to enhance your resume, essays, and applications! Avanti Prep is offering Hourly Services for a flat rate of $175 per hour (no minimum) – a significantly below-market offer for one of the most well-regarded services available.
  • R1 Admission Decisions: Estimated Decision Timelines and Chat Links for Major BSchools

December 17, 2018

December 17, 2018

10:00 PM PST

11:00 PM PST

From Dec 5th onward, American programs will start releasing R1 decisions. Chat Rooms: We have also assigned chat rooms for every school so that applicants can stay in touch and exchange information/update during decision period.

MBA Profile Evaluation

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
MBA Profile Evaluation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Aug 2018, 12:54
Dear team,

it would be great if I could receive some advice/ an assessment of my upcoming B-School application:

Nationality: Western European/ US-American
Degree: Undergrad in Business (Top 5% at average/ good state university) and Exchange at Ivy in the US, Masters in Management (First/ Top 15-20% Oxbridge) incl. merit-based scholarships
GMAT: 690 (Q: 44 / V: 41 / IR: 8) - weak Quant; retake worth it if e.g., only 47 expected?
Work Experience: 2 Years MBB in Europe and further abroad, several internships in consulting and at Volkswagen
Extracurricular: Several activities before and during studies (e.g., Class President, Politics); currently minimal
Post-MBA goal: Consulting, PE

Schools:
Harvard
Wharton
Chicago
MIT
Insead

It would be great to get some advice on chances at these schools and the necessity of a GMAT retake.

Thank you very much!
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
B
Re: MBA Profile Evaluation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Aug 2018, 20:40
Hi Peter, and thank you for your post.
While the GMAT is only one component of your application, it is an important one especially for these very top schools.
I would highly recommend retaking the GMAT. If you were to score a 47 in Quant, that would push you above a 700 and get you much closer to these school's GMAT averages. You also have nothing to lose (except of course your time and effort) as the schools only look at your top score. Even scoring well above a 700 won't guarantee admission but it will increase your odds a bit.
You will also have to illustrate why it makes sense for you to go to business school now and not in a year or two, given that the average number of years of work experience is closer to 5. And if you do decide to wait to apply, you can use the next year to beef up your extracurricular activities and hopefully take on a leadership role in one.

If you would like to go more in depth on your profile and resume, feel free to sign up for a free consultation. Good luck!
http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Michael Guttman
Senior Consultant, mbaMission

Free Consultation: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php
Blog: http://www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insider's Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2018, 09:36
Would request you to evaluate my profile and suggest the college I should target with this aim and profile. Please suggest if I can go for executive MBA with current profile. If yes, then which college.

Target Courses:
• MBA Full time
• Master in Management Full Time

Writing GMAT on 29th Dec 2018
Expected score with current preparation : 600 - 650
Current Mock test score : 590 (Q-42/V-30)

Undergraduate college : Not a renowned one.
Computer Science with 66% from VTU university. CGPA = 7.35
PG Diploma from CDAC ACTS, Pune in wireless and mobile computing.

Work Experience:
Total 9 years of work experience as a software developer in networking domain.
• Aricent Technology - 3years
• Cisco Systems - 2years
• Juniper Networks - 4years

Awards at work :
• Received "Departmental spotlight award" for solving the problem for one of the key customer of Juniper Networks.
• Developed a feature which got 20million USD deal for the company.

Extra curricular activities : 
• I am certified Level-1 Power Yoga Teacher. Have taken yoga classes at local yoga center.
• Took initiative to raise fund to get the toilets constructed for girls in a local school.

Extra activities I indulge in as hobby:
• Love outdoor sports. Play basketball, pool table, badminton etc.
• Always appreciate any kind of artwork. I do sketch and oil paint.

International Exposure :
No international exposure but I have been to 38 cities in 14 states of India across it's length and breadth for education, work, leisure and adventures trip.

Post MBA Goals:
• To go in Product management or Marketing.

Aiming for : Top 25 MBA College.
Preference : USA/Canada college.

Thanks for help in advance!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2018, 10:05
Dear team,

Thanks in advance for reviwing my profile based on that I can apply for colleges after giving GMAT.

I am Laxmikant Tripathi from India.

Degree- Bachelor in commerce from HR college Mumbai ( CGPA 7.8 out of 10). Chartered accountant qualified in 2017.

Work expiernce - I have 1 and half year work ex in KNAV PA a cpa firm in audit. I also have 3 year work ex as articleship during chartered accountancy.( articleship required 35 hours week work in office after college hours)

Extracurricular -

1) I have conducted various college fest in college and I was part of various club in college which used to conduct different kind of college event.
2) Played for my office cricket since I have a great interest in cricket.

GMAT score - I gave one of the first mock today and scored 620. It was my first mock I started my studies 5 days back. I am confident with the score of 700+.

I want to do MBA in finance. I would like to know what are the college where I can apply and will the articleship experience gets counted towards work expiernce.

Posted from my mobile device

MBA Profile Evaluation

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: mbaMissionKate

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap