GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 14 Jul 2020, 15:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

MBA Profile Evaluation

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: IE '22
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 4
MBA Profile Evaluation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 May 2020, 21:56
Hello, I would appreciate if I could get answers to the questions regarding my profile below:

Questions:

1- Given my profile, what would be my prospects in the outlined schools?
2- Given my orientation towards Consulting in Banking & Retail domain , would it help to prioritize US schools over Europe’s (or vice-versa)

Nationality:
Indian

GMAT Score:
750 ( Q49 , V42)

Education:
Undergrad: Bachelors in Civil Engineering from India Institute of Technology ,Kanpur (IIT Kanpur). with CPI : 7.7/10

Extracurricular include experience
1) Captain of swimming / water polo team
2)Overall co-coordinator( head) of Sports festival in college
3) Senator in student body , elected by undergraduate students
4) Member of State team in Nation meets for Water polo

Professional Experience (5+ years):
In past few years i have been working as project manger in EXL services consulting for leading credit card issuers and retail clients in US . I have been working into areas such as ,
1)I have done several projects in designing collection and recoveries strategies for client that helped them achieve lower their credit losses by $10-12 MM . In many of these projects i have worked as a project manager
2) Developing Decision management tool for credit card underwriting
3) Designed Digital marketing strategies for retail clients
I have been working in US for last few months as an onshore consultant on H1b Visa

MBA Objective:
Continue my journey in consulting industry. Further taking my career into a direction of business developer , preferably working for companies such as Mckinsey ,BCG or Bain

Schools:
Preference: HBS, Stanford, wharton, kellog
Backup: Berkeley Haas, Chicago Booth, columbia ,Ross
Intern
Intern
S
Re: MBA Profile Evaluation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 May 2020, 23:01
gpranjal30 wrote:
Hello, I would appreciate if I could get answers to the questions regarding my profile below:

Questions:

1- Given my profile, what would be my prospects in the outlined schools?
2- Given my orientation towards Consulting in Banking & Retail domain , would it help to prioritize US schools over Europe’s (or vice-versa)

Nationality:
Indian

GMAT Score:
750 ( Q49 , V42)

Education:
Undergrad: Bachelors in Civil Engineering from India Institute of Technology ,Kanpur (IIT Kanpur). with CPI : 7.7/10

Extracurricular include experience
1) Captain of swimming / water polo team
2)Overall co-coordinator( head) of Sports festival in college
3) Senator in student body , elected by undergraduate students
4) Member of State team in Nation meets for Water polo

Professional Experience (5+ years):
In past few years i have been working as project manger in EXL services consulting for leading credit card issuers and retail clients in US . I have been working into areas such as ,
1)I have done several projects in designing collection and recoveries strategies for client that helped them achieve lower their credit losses by $10-12 MM . In many of these projects i have worked as a project manager
2) Developing Decision management tool for credit card underwriting
3) Designed Digital marketing strategies for retail clients
I have been working in US for last few months as an onshore consultant on H1b Visa

MBA Objective:
Continue my journey in consulting industry. Further taking my career into a direction of business developer , preferably working for companies such as Mckinsey ,BCG or Bain

Schools:
Preference: HBS, Stanford, wharton, kellog
Backup: Berkeley Haas, Chicago Booth, columbia ,Ross

Hi,

While there is no prescribed educational background preferred for an ideal MBA Candidate, IMO I think you shouldn't pivot your career because of the current COVID19 situation. Firstly, your lack of work ex will hinder your profile both in getting admitted and getting the most out of an MBA. Secondly, the economic crises will resolve its a matter of 1-2 years. I'd recommend you stick to your passion and somehow struggle through it.
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: ISB '21, Rotman

Show Tags

New post 26 May 2020, 04:47
Hi - would really appreciate an analysis of my profile as well. Below is my profile - I am keen to look at marketing and/or strategy studies oriented MBA programmes. Need help with shortlisting colleges - my preference is towards 1 - year programmes like the one at ISB Hyderabad, but open to other programmes too. Thanks!

I am 26 years old female candidate and come from a communication and marketing background with work ex of 4 years. Graduated from University of Delhi with BA Hons in Journalism, where I studied several subjects like political science, economics, international relations, print, radio and TV journalism, and marketing and advertising, besides others.

From there on, got interested in marketing and studied at the Indian Institute of Mass Comm for a PG Diploma in Advertising and PR.

I have 4+ years of work experience, including a currently ongoing 2+ year stint at a leading international airline where I am responsible for consumer marketing portfolio.

Here are my scores:
10th Std - 85.4%
12th Std (Science) - 77%
Graduation - 75.25%
PG Diploma - 72.05%
GMAT (expected, yet to take the exam) - 690-710

I was awarded the Public Relations Society of India (PRSI) Award in 2016; and was nominated by my firm for a 30 Under 30 Industry Award. I have worked with a Delhi based NGO working in the space of emotional education of children for about 1-1.5 years. I also have a lot of internships at college level with organizations like Indian Express and BBDO (ad agency). During my graduation and the PG Diploma, I have worked on several live projects like documentary film-making, authoring original dissertations and seminar papers, radio programmes, ad film-making, and an award-winning capstone project for a leading Indian Home Care brand.
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
B

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2020, 12:51
Hi gpranjal30,
I like that you have a strong academic track record (undergrad at IIT, GMAT), robust work track record (leading teams as Project Manager, international work experience in the US), as well as being a student athlete and student leader. I think you have a strong profile for the schools on your list. I don't think there's a difference between US and European schools in terms of consulting and banking / retail. That said, it depends on where you plan to build your career. If you prefer to work in Europe, European schools would allow you to connect with more European classmates. If you'd like to work in North America, then you will find more US classmates in US schools.

I’m happy to discuss other specific questions about your profile in a 1:1 consult. Wishing you the best in your MBA journey!

Debbie
Senior Consultant
mbaMission

Blog: http://www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

MBA Profile Evaluation

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: mbaMissionKate