Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 17:49 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 17:49

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [540]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72887 [0]
Given Kudos: 18868
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Re: MBA Rankings: All 2024 Rankings [#permalink]
Expert Reply

5 Tips on How to Use MBA Rankings in your School Research

PersonalMBACoach recently shared the following tips on its blog about how to make best use MBA rankings. Whether/how to use MBA rankings in your bschool research is a long-debated topic and I think the following tips pretty much sum up how to make the best use of MBA rankings and how they aid you in shortlisting the potential MBA programs to apply. The complete blog post can be read here.. https://www.personalmbacoach.com/single ... A-Rankings

PersonalMBACoach wrote:
1) Use rankings to get the lay of the land. MBA rankings provide a great overview of the business school landscape: what schools exist, where they are located and how they generally stack up.

2) Statistics such as acceptance rate and average GPA and GMAT/GRE of enrolled students will give you some good benchmarking data, however, use these numbers as an initial guide only. The whole applicant package matters and plenty of candidates with a lower than average GPA or GMAT/GRE will get in each year and vice versa.

3) Average ranking over time is important. When you are courting that investor 10 years from now, she will not know what the ranking was when you applied but may look at the current ranking. This is why it is important to pay attention to general ranking trends.

4) Nearly every ranking scale will give different results. Of course, certain schools will be in the top 10 in nearly every ranking, but the general list varies considerably from source to source. As with historical data, the general trend is most important.

5) Rankings vary by industry! While all business schools focus on providing strong general management education, each school has a specific area of expertise. Pay attention to how the schools stack up in the industry specific rankings as well.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 464 [0]
Given Kudos: 126
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Send PM
Narenn

Is there a list of schools ranked for consulting(USA)? Post Mba opportunities wise
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hatakekakashi wrote:
Narenn

Is there a list of schools ranked for consulting(USA)? Post Mba opportunities wise

No. US News does not release such rankings, nor any other ranking magazines as far as I know; however, a quick Google search will show you many articles written on this topic. Below are the few articles I could find..
https://gmatclub.com/forum/top-mba-prog ... 37251.html
https://www.businessbecause.com/news/be ... t-mckinsey
https://find-mba.com/lists/top-business ... consulting
https://www.usnews.com/education/best-g ... consulting
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 464 [0]
Given Kudos: 126
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Send PM
Narenn wrote:
Hatakekakashi wrote:
Narenn

No. US News does not release such rankings, nor any other ranking magazines as far as I know; however, a quick Google search will show you many articles written on this topic. Below are the few articles I could find..
https://gmatclub.com/forum/top-mba-prog ... 37251.html
https://www.businessbecause.com/news/be ... t-mckinsey
https://find-mba.com/lists/top-business ... consulting
https://www.usnews.com/education/best-g ... consulting

I did a Google search as well but I'm looking for stats from schools - latest batch - I'm expecting results in March for some schools and I want to start noting down the + and - of each so it's easy for me to decide

Of course the I don't have the results in my hand but this is just in foresight

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
GPA: 3.07
Send PM
When do the 2020 rankings get posted?
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
studenthopeful wrote:
When do the 2020 rankings get posted?

In the next few hours.
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
First post updated with US News 2020 rankings. Here's an overview of top gainers and losers...

Attachment:
Top Gainers n Losers US News 2020.png
Top Gainers n Losers US News 2020.png [ 31.91 KiB | Viewed 7089 times ]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Thanks Narenn and bb. Can someone please post the new GMAT means (used in US News' analysis) per school, as was done last year? Also, does US News provide a ranking breakdown (quality assessment, placement success, and student selectivity) for each school to premium subscribers?
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
haas27 wrote:
Can someone please post the new GMAT means (used in US News' analysis) per school, as was done last year?
Hello Haas27, New avg GMAT scores and other stats will be posted in Stats thread by Sunday.. https://gmatclub.com/forum/all-school-s ... 66143.html

haas27 wrote:
Also, does US News provide a ranking breakdown (quality assessment, placement success, and student selectivity) for each school to premium subscribers?
US News provides peer assessment score and recruiter assessment score (both on 0 to 5 scale). By Student selectivity, do you mean acceptance rate or yield rate?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Thanks Narenn. US News defines 'student selectivity' (.25 of the overall score) as a sum of mean GMAT (.1625), mean GPA (0.075), and the school's acceptance rate (0.0125). It would be interesting to see 'student selectivity' deltas next to the overall rankings deltas, since 'student selectivity' is the only variable that adcoms can affect directly.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
miladavazbeigi wrote:
I am a little new to this forum.
Could you please tell me what R's stand for? I mean R1, R2 etc.

Hello! This means 'Round 1,2,......' Usually, there are several rounds for business school application. The earlier you apply, the better.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
GPA: 3.07
Send PM
Does anyone know if the graphic that allows you to see the school's rankings over the years is going to get updated to reflect the new rankings?
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
studenthopeful wrote:
Does anyone know if the graphic that allows you to see the school's rankings over the years is going to get updated to reflect the new rankings?

Hi studenthopeful,

Yes, we will update that chart in the next few days.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 65 [0]
Given Kudos: 94
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V46 (Online)
Send PM
Hatakekakashi wrote:
Narenn

Both Poets & Quants and E-GMAT do this, I believe. Should be able to find something at either of their sites without too much digging.
https://poetsandquants.com/category/mba-rankings/
https://e-gmat.com/blogs/best-business- ... ng-part-1/

In addition to checking out these, I would recommend checking the post-graduation employment statistics for your favorite schools.
They usually list the percentage of their graduating class that goes into consulting.
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [1]
Send PM