GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 06 Apr 2020, 07:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

McDonough $5k vs. Smith $95k vs. GWU $90k vs. Kogod $73k

new topic post reply Update application status  

McDonough vs Smith vs GWU vs Kogod

• 42% [9]
  • 47% [10]
  • 9% [2]
  • 0% [0]
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
WE: Engineering (Other)
Re: McDonough $5k vs. Smith $95k vs. GWU $90k vs. Kogod $73k  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Apr 2014, 11:04
webster11 wrote:
mgh234 wrote:
Since you have a baby on board, I think honestly it comes down to whether you think you'll want to "lean in" or "lean out" of your career in 5-10 years (as the Yahoo CEO would say). If you plan to do to competitive jobs with longer hours, Georgetown is the best bet. If you think you'll want a 9-5 so you have more time at home, going to a school with a full scholarship covered is the best bet. Georgetown is by far the best choice for your career, and will more than make up the $110k difference....but you don't want to be in a situation in which you want to slow down, but can't, because of the high debt load.

While I agree that Georgetown is the highest rated and most respected school in the group, it looks like Smith isn't too far behind. To me that 110k seems like a lot to give up for a program that only seems slightly better.

Thanks for your comment, webster11! One part of me is telling me exactly what you just said and another part is quoting mgh234! :D Really nice to see supports from both sides and for both schools, so I guess eventually whichever school I choose, I won't waste my 2 years just regretting, only now I am having this nice yet difficult blank to fill. :)

This is such a debate inside my head now, and I think I should just relax a little, go to both schools' welcome weekends and finally decide before the deposit expires in 4 weeks. :)
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 03 Apr 2014, 11:13
Another article got me thinking about what a perfect fit is.

" Can M.B.A. Students Afford to Wait for That Perfect Job?
Prospective Graduates Take a Wait-And-See Approach to Employment Search "

Full article see here:

http://m.us.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424 ... b&mobile=y
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q46 V47
GPA: 3.39
WE: Law (Real Estate)

Show Tags

New post 03 Apr 2014, 17:35
Congratulations and thank you for this post! I'm in the same boat with these 3 schools and trying to make this difficult decision.

For me the scholarships are a huge consideration, but the career placement at GU is a unique factor. I am a career switcher looking to move away from commercial real estate and break into an automotive firm (in project finance/general management) and GU is the only school in the bunch with a proven track record of placement in the industry. Although the prospect of coming out of the program with little to no debt is amazing, accepting scholarships at the other schools would mean foregoing those networks that are already in place at GU.

I went to GW's admitted students weekend last Saturday, and I will be at the McDonough admitted students weekend this Saturday. I visited Smith last Friday as well to get a feel for the program. If all goes well this weekend I hope to be able to finalize my decision.

If you want to talk further about this (amazing, but) tough choice, I would be happy to meet up on Saturday with willettl and dcMBA2014, just PM me.
Congrats again and good luck choosing!
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 01 Sep 2014, 08:36
Update on the decision:

After a long time thinking process, I have decided to go with Smith! I don't want to write down the lengthy thinking process on how I eventually made my choice, as at the moment I can only feel the absolute engagement and overwhelmingly pumped energy from every perspective I have encountered so far.

So, to make the story short, I am diving into it now and trying to enjoy every moment of my time at Smith, and will update periodically about my experiences here. :)

Enjoy your time, too!
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 01 Sep 2014, 18:18
dcMBA2014 wrote:
Update on the decision:

After a long time thinking process, I have decided to go with Smith! I don't want to write down the lengthy thinking process on how I eventually made my choice, as at the moment I can only feel the absolute engagement and overwhelmingly pumped energy from every perspective I have encountered so far.

So, to make the story short, I am diving into it now and trying to enjoy every moment of my time at Smith, and will update periodically about my experiences here. :)

Enjoy your time, too!

Thank you for the update! Fully support your decision and wishing you the best of luck!
Good Luck. Take it seriously and do the right thing.

Keep us posted!
Re: McDonough $5k vs. Smith $95k vs. GWU $90k vs. Kogod $73k   [#permalink] 01 Sep 2014, 18:18

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 25 posts ] 

McDonough $5k vs. Smith $95k vs. GWU $90k vs. Kogod $73k

new topic post reply Update application status