GMAT Verbal Chat

GMAT Quantitative Chat

GMAT Data Insight Chat

MBA Chat

go back
members online
dots
Chat members
Pinned: ➡️ The Indispensable Videos for your GMAT Prep https://gmatclub.com/forum/the-indispen ... 27113.html
Pin
How strong is Merage when it comes to Investment banking
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
what is the average gmat score for indian candidates of previous mba class- normal profile engineer male 4 years experience
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
lulu.lulu wrote:
Do you know of any students who got into UCI with a GMAT/GRE waiver? If possible, could you share the percentage of students admitted with a GMAT/GRE waiver?

Yes, there have been quite a few students who got in with a GMAT and GRE waiver especially in the years post COVID. Unfortunately, we cannot divulge the percentage information to students.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
abhi7900 wrote:
Hello. I’m having 11 years of experience in engineering consulting firm. I’m planning to pursue MBA and interested to join consulting field post my MBA. How good is UCI Merage for consulting domain?

Hi. Good Question. In the past, most Merage students end up in Tech or Healthcare Industries post their MBA. But in the past couple of years that has been changing and we see more students pursuing Consulting. Three of my classmates did a consulting internship this past summer and we see a growing interest in the field. But this is an upcoming specialty for Merage so it requires students to put in their effort to network and attend consulting company related events. The Merage career center is always there to support us
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Parafranc wrote:
Hie do you offer GMAT waiver

Hi. Thank you for your question. Yes, you can opt for a GMAT or GRE waiver. If you do then you would be required to write an additional essay giving your justification.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
harshithaneel wrote:
Although most international students usually apply during R1 and R2, I don’t think there is any reason not to apply in R3. Given that there a couple of full ride scholarships that go out in R3, you can consider applying. However, if you need more time to get all your application materials ready then you can wait

thank you for responding
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Everyone! We are halfway through this chat; 30 more minutes left in this chat.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
SenanuA wrote:
Does it make sense to apply Round three as an international applicant or just wait for the next cycle?

Although most international students usually apply during R1 and R2, I don’t think there is any reason not to apply in R3. Given that there a couple of full ride scholarships that go out in R3, you can consider applying. However, if you need more time to get all your application materials ready then you can wait
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
kirstik wrote:
I misunderstood the question. I thought you were looking for an application fee waiver. For a test waiver, perhaps harshithaneel can speak to that.

:cool:
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Meenaldudani wrote:
HI harshithaneel, thanks for hosting this session, while I am quite impressed by the clubs and courses which UCI offers, I could not find much information about the how the placements look like post MBA from Merage school of business. Also considering the location, do you have career fares ? If not how the placement usuaally takes place. I look forward to joining UCI for full-time MBA program

Hi Meenal, thank you for your question. We have a 91% job placement rate 3 months from graduation (You can find more details here - https://merage.uci.edu/programs/mba/ful ... vices.html). And yes, we do have job fairs where we meet and learn about a lot of companies. Usually there is one that happens on campus every quarter. But apart from job fairs, the Merage career center organizes site visits to companies as well as networking events which help us network with various companies. Networking is key in standing out during a job application.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Parafranc wrote:
Thank you what about the test waiver

I misunderstood the question. I thought you were looking for an application fee waiver. For a test waiver, perhaps harshithaneel can speak to that.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
what is the effect of applying in round 3
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
kirstik wrote:
There is an application fee waiver available when you register and attend today’s session. If you didn’t already register, please do so here: [url]https://gmatclub.com/mba-spotlight/?event_id=112[\url]

Thank you what about the test waiver
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
VivekPrateek wrote:
Hi can you tell how much it cost for Indian student approximately?

Hi. Please find fee related details for the current year 2023-2024 here - https://www.reg.uci.edu/fees/2023-2024/business.html. Most if not all international students end up getting scholarships. Please let me know if you have trouble accessing the link
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Also, what would you suggest for someone with 11 years of experience? Full time MBA or executive MBA?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Do you know of any students who got into UCI with a GMAT/GRE waiver? If possible, could you share the percentage of students admitted with a GMAT/GRE waiver?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Thanks Sajjad for fixing me link!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
kirstik wrote:
There is an application fee waiver available when you register and attend today’s session. If you didn’t already register, please do so here: [url]https://gmatclub.com/mba-spotlight/?event_id=112[\url]

https://gmatclub.com/mba-spotlight/?event_id=112
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hello. I’m having 11 years of experience in engineering consulting firm. I’m planning to pursue MBA and interested to join consulting field post my MBA. How good is UCI Merage for consulting domain?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Parafranc wrote:

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
murariamanapp wrote:
can you tell us a little about scholarship situation for R3 applicants.

Thank you for your question. Almost 60-70% of students who apply to the program end up with scholarships. Specifically regarding R3, we do have a couple of full ride scholarships that we’ll be giving out. The decision for the scholarship will be based on your application components as well as your interview. Note: GMAT/GRE score is mandatory if you are interested in getting a full ride scholarship
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Ohh! No I have not. Did you have any exceptions in your cohort?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
AbhignaAkki wrote:
Does UCI accept students with a 3-year bachelors degree from India? With good 6 years of experience and a good gmat score?

Unfortunately due to university policy, we would need a 4 year bachelor degree to be considered eligible for the program. Do you happen to have completed any other additional 1 year course?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
harshithaneel wrote:
Hi thank you for your question and I’m so glad you mustered the courage to ask it out loud. It takes a lot of courage and I’m sure others will benefit from your question. Speaking from UCI Adcom’s perspective, we are very open to students from various backgrounds and we look at each application wholistically. We look for leadership qualities, your responsibilities over these 7 years as well as your future career aspirations along with other application related details like GMAT/GRE Score, your essays, your interview etc. before making a final decision. In fact, one of my classmates used to be a news reporter and has landed a full time job at Adobe. So, I would urge you to apply and if you would like more information then you can schedule consultation calls to learn more about the program from current students

thank you.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin