GMAT Quantitative Chat

GMAT Data Insight Chat

MBA Chat

go back
Michigan Ross 1 members online out of 3760
dots
Forum discussion
Chat members
Pinned: Please update your Ross decision tracker https://gmatclub.com/forum/decision-tracker/index.html
Pin
i think maybe they have too many candidate or this year is very competitive
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I got the same mail even though got the interview invite. But the interviewer is not responding to my email. Does anyone have any idea what to make out of this? Going by this chat I cant really figure out if I am actually invited or not
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Above average GMAT, decent GPA, extensive legal and financial experience along with 9 years of volunteer experience, non-mainstream hobbies, but that wasn’t enough for an interview invite 🥲
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
F
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Kalpit1212 wrote:
I got the same mail even though got the interview invite. But the interviewer is not responding to my email. Does anyone have any idea what to make out of this? Going by this chat I cant really figure out if I am actually invited or not

Are you in touch with any of the student ambassadors ?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
not as of now
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
You could reach out to them to ask for some guidance; they’ve been really supportive
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Or send an email to Sara Harrison Mast
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
my interviewer also have not replied my email, 2 days already
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Same. It feels weird sending cold emails to a Gmail account too... They really should make the initial connection themselves and then leave it up to you both to align (as Fuqua does).
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
augustus021 wrote:
my interviewer also have not replied my email, 2 days already

same
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Guys give it 48hrs at least before you can start worrying about it
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Are you having interviews with alums or current students ?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
mine is with an alum
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Do you know the name ?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
LK22112 wrote:
i think maybe they have too many candidate or this year is very competitive

Looks like that
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I think it’s because they provided fee waiver in round 2, and the application is so small - many people took benefits of it
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Does anyone who applied with gmat waiver received an invitation?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Kalpit1212 wrote:
mine is with an alum

Also an alumnus for me
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Kalpit1212 wrote:
mine is with an alum

Have you finalized an interview time with the alum? I emailed mine right after I received his email, but haven’t heard back
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
KynnN wrote:
Have you finalized an interview time with the alum? I emailed mine right after I received his email, but haven’t heard back

Think most of us are in the same boat.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Anybody interviewed in R1 with Rachel Thurman (Ross alum)?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Are offer announcements on a rolling basis, or does everyone find out on March 15?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Guys, during the interview if you ask questions but the interviewer doesn’t clearly have answers or feels they are not very relevant to that specific school, does it hurt our chances?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi All. Hope you are doing well.
I am recently done with my GMAT and looking to apply in the upcoming intake. I feel I am in completely new terretory now. Could you give me advice on how to utilise 3-4 months I have in between the applications? I would be really greatful. Thanks!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
FYI, my interviewer reached out last night and my email had ended up in his spam (which is likely going to be a common issue for many of us since we’re using personal email addresses).
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
LeviKhaki28 wrote:
Are offer announcements on a rolling basis, or does everyone find out on March 15?

­Offers are extended on the same day (sometime mid-March) throughout the day. You can expect to recieve a phone call from one of the adcom.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
GMATScorer21 wrote:
Guys, during the interview if you ask questions but the interviewer doesn’t clearly have answers or feels they are not very relevant to that specific school, does it hurt our chances?

­Why would you want to ask them something that you believe they won’t have an answer for? You’re basically shooting yourself in the foot. And your aim during the interview should be to show your "genuine" interest in the school, so thoughtful "school-related" questions would take you a long way.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Mentis678 wrote:
Hi All. Hope you are doing well.
I am recently done with my GMAT and looking to apply in the upcoming intake. I feel I am in completely new terretory now. Could you give me advice on how to utilise 3-4 months I have in between the applications? I would be really greatful. Thanks!

­Look at the required application material and starting working on them. If I were you, I’d start off with resume and then essays and LORs. LOR particularly can be tricky if you reach out to your recommender in the last moment. More tricky if they are just finding out about your plan to leave the company. So, bringing them onboard early with your plans (if you can), might also help.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Has anyone received a response from your alumni interviewer? 🥲
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
KynnN wrote:

Yep. I did.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
KynnN wrote:

yes I did. I sent a follow-up email after 3 days and he replied to me 6 hrs later saying that he was a little bit tied up with his own stuffs couple days ago. so I suggest you give them a little more time or just send a follow-up email
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I got an email today regarding a missing document. Completely confused if they are still considering me or dinged? Would be great if someone can provide some insights. Different people from Adcoms are giving different statements lol
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I also got it a while back, I submitted the documents, got an interview.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
That gave me a sigh of relief. Thanks. After how much time you got an update? After sending the documents

Posted from my mobile device
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Ronaldoooooooo wrote:
I also got it a while back, I submitted the documents, got an interview.

That means they are not done with sending invite yet I guess....that will mean that until March 15, one can still expect to receive an interview invite.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I think they are done with extending interviews. The latest email I got from them has this statement:

“ All interview invitations for Round 2 submitted applications have been extended. The email will include instructions on how to access our interview scheduling system.

If you are not invited to interview, the Admissions team will do an additional review of your application before the decision notification deadline. On March 15, you will receive either a waitlist or deny decision. If waitlisted, your application will continue to be reviewed throughout the cycle.”

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Yes. All invites (except if there’s a document missing, very low chances) have been extended and the subsequent decision (waitlist/ding) will be provided on the day of round 2 decisions.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Has anyone who already completed their interview received an email regarding missing document
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Anyone interviewed with Rachel Thurman? Can u please tell me ur experience?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Anyone interviewed with Suhas Mhasker from India? Can u please tell me ur experience?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Gals with R2 interview invites, do you receive any email from the current Ross students in affinity clubs? I received one from the Asian Business Club. They are so nice ToT
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Same for Africa. Like 8 students made themselves available for mock interviews.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Super organized too - set up Google Calendars for us to book slots.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Does anyone know of any mock interview services that are good?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Those who didn’t get invite should we consider rejection?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
What does is it means if we receive a missing document email after completing the interview for R2. Has anyone received similarly ?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Naga281 wrote:
What does is it means if we receive a missing document email after completing the interview for R2. Has anyone received similarly ?

Well, I’d say just send them the doc they believe is missing.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
dilipkumarsurya wrote:
Those who didn’t get invite should we consider rejection?

Rejection or waitlist.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
AG107 wrote:
Does anyone know of any mock interview services that are good?

You can reach out to your Ross contacts for one. I did a couple with the Rossers I had connected over the application cycle. I am doing some mocks over the weekend and can accommodate a couple more.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hey guys, those who’ve applied in the last week (Which is R3)/ any current student. When can we expect to hear a response?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
R3 decisions are released in the first week of May. And since the deadline for round 3 is Apr 4, I would expect invites somewhere around 3rd week of April.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Do you guys advise against rescheduling the interview timing? My interview will happen in 18 hours, but I’m having a high fever, so I’m afraid that I cant present the best in the interview. But my friend suggests just go for it and give the best I can
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
KynnN wrote:
Do you guys advise against rescheduling the interview timing? My interview will happen in 18 hours, but I’m having a high fever, so I’m afraid that I cant present the best in the interview. But my friend suggests just go for it and give the best I can

You definitely can reschedule it. The alum will definitely understand. If you feel you cannot even give your 80% with such high fever, just go for recheduling
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I suggest you leave it open to your interviewer to confirm - that is, don’t tell them outright that you want to reschedule, but indicate your fever and ask politely if you could do it another day whilst offering to go ahead at the agreed time anyway.

I’d wager they’d offer to reschedule anyway.

Just bear in mind the deadline for interviews is next week so you might need to be flexible around rescheduling options.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
My experience with Ross alums says they are very friendly and will most likely offer you another date without prejudice. I found many alums similar in ross
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi all,
Just got done with my interview with an alum and it was surprisingly brief. She was done asking me questions within 15 mins into the interview, I spent another 10 mins asking her questions.. I’m sort of worried because I wasn’t asked any behavioural questions. Any body faced a similar situation? What does it mean for my chances?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
iipshitaaaa wrote:
Hi all, Just got done with my interview with an alum and it was surprisingly brief. She was done asking me questions within 15 mins into the interview, I spent another 10 mins asking her questions.. I’m sort of worried because I wasn’t asked any behavioural questions. Any body faced a similar situation? What does it mean for my chances?

Hopefully mine makes you feel at ease!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Mine was a couple of hours ago with an alumnus. Was super panicked because I was running late at the office and ended up sneaking out of a meeting to do the interview.

He was super nice, very talkative, and very candid. He basically asked me one question (tell my who you are, what you want to do and why Ross all combined into one). After talking a lot more in general he said he had to ask me about a leadership experience I had or to tell me about a learning opportunity, and he said "Or either way I’m just happy to listen to what you want to say".
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
He did give me some info that made me simultaneously at ease and disappointed though. He said Ross interviewers "approve" something like 80% of interviews "because of the high calibre of students Ross chooses to interview" so I guess the other elements of the application matter a lot too (given that I doubt the acceptance rate post interview can’t be anywhere close to that figure).
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Sorry, can, not can’t.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
PyjamaScientist wrote:
R3 decisions are released in the first week of May. And since the deadline for round 3 is Apr 4, I would expect invites somewhere around 3rd week of April.

Cool. So they won’t like to roll out invites to applicants who may’ve applied in like Feb on a rolling basis?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Does anyone know if there is any action on our part after the interview? Do we have to notify Admissions that we have completed the interview?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Clammy wrote:
Does anyone know if there is any action on our part after the interview? Do we have to notify Admissions that we have completed the interview?

Hey, clammy. Once you are done with your interview, there isn’t any other step you need to take as long as it’s not mentioned to you through any official mail/text. Moreover, it’s always advised to refrain from sending mail to the admissions or adcom very frequently as it might give a wrong impression of you. Wait a while, people will start posting their results on the forum, and even then, if you don’t receive any official mail, then you can email the admissions team.

Cheers!
Abhyank
Founder & CEO
MBA and Masters Admissions Consulting
Contact us: +91-8448224865
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
GMATScorer21 wrote:
Cool. So they won’t like to roll out invites to applicants who may’ve applied in like Feb on a rolling basis?

No. Ross doesn’t do rolling stuff. They release 99.99% of invites on the same day. So it’s fair to assume the same for R3 this year too.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Clammy wrote:

No you do not have to inform the admissions. That’s done by the interviewer. So you can sit back and relax. One thing however that you can do is- send a nice thank you note to your interviewer. Try to keep it concise and max 3-4 lines.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hey,
Did anyone interview with John Thmpson. If so, can you share the experience and debrief of the interview?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Just finished my interview. It was an Asian alum. The atmosphere was light-hearted, and he showed genuine interest in what I shared.

1. Tell me about yourself
2. ⁠Why MBA?
3. ⁠Why Ross?
4. ⁠Led a project that you had no prior knowledge
5. ⁠Tell me a time you led a team
6. ⁠Understood someone’s perspective to solve a problem
7. ⁠Greatest failure
8. ⁠Any questions for me
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
KynnN wrote:
Just finished my interview. It was an Asian alum. The atmosphere was light-hearted, and he showed genuine interest in what I shared. 1. Tell me about yourself 2. ⁠Why MBA? 3. ⁠Why Ross? 4. ⁠Led a project that you had no prior knowledge 5. ⁠Tell me a time you led a team 6. ⁠Understood someone’s perspective to solve a problem 7. ⁠Greatest failure 8. ⁠Any questions for me

Nice! No issues after you rescheduled I guess?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
ViktorBreadKrum wrote:
Nice! No issues after you rescheduled I guess?

We won’t know until the decision comes out, I guess 🤣 But the other day, I almost fainted due to the fever, so I had no chance but rescheduling
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I have my interview in an hour. Any last minute tips? 😅
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
NiranjanaV wrote:

Relax and enjoy the process. You have been here. You deserve it
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
NiranjanaV wrote:

You are going to do great
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Okay, thank you! Feeling calm already 😁
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Finished my interview - I think it went well!

Daniel Thal was my interviewer and he was very nice.

Questions for reference:
1. Tell me about yourself
2. What are your goals?
3. Why MBA and why Ross?
4. Tell me a time when you received a difficult feedback
5. Tell me a time you motivated someone to do better
6. Tell me about a time when you had to lead a project with no background or prior knowledge
7. Tell me about a time when things got lost in translation or you had a poor communication experience and how did you handle it
8. Do you have any questions about my Ross experience or about Ross in general
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
My interview took only 20 min and also my interviewer had problem with her webcam and i only hear her voice.
Should i consider it as a negative sign?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi guys, I received a mail today from Ross with a subject - special interviewee events. It talks about mock classes and club discussions. Everyone else has received this right?

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Vivek223233 wrote:
Hi guys, I received a mail today from Ross with a subject - special interviewee events. It talks about mock classes and club discussions. Everyone else has received this right? Posted from my mobile device

I haven’t. Maybe it’s a positive sign for you!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Sperados wrote:
My interview took only 20 min and also my interviewer had problem with her webcam and i only hear her voice. Should i consider it as a negative sign?

No, definitely don’t take it as a "negative sign".
1. Ross trusts alumni to be professional and to capture your insights properly. Your interviewer would have done her best to get to the information she needed to decide her verdict.
2. Don’t overthink things in general. Ross alumni are famously polite and pleasant whilst doing things in the right way.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Vivek223233 wrote:
Hi guys, I received a mail today from Ross with a subject - special interviewee events. It talks about mock classes and club discussions. Everyone else has received this right? Posted from my mobile device

I have not received it either. Not sure if this is a positive sign but it is neutral at best.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
ViktorBreadKrum wrote:
No, definitely don’t take it as a "negative sign". 1. Ross trusts alumni to be professional and to capture your insights properly. Your interviewer would have done her best to get to the information she needed to decide her verdict. 2. Don’t overthink things in general. Ross alumni are famously polite and pleasant whilst doing things in the right way.

Mine was not polite honestly. She was probing way too much.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Ronaldoooooooo wrote:
Mine was not polite honestly. She was probing way too much.

Well, I can’t deny your experience without having been there. However, I think it’s also important to reflect on how clear your answers might have been. If she couldn’t capture your answers properly then she would have to probe further.

Look at it this way as well - if she was probing a lot it’s likely because she wanted to make sure she was giving you a chance to answer well enough.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Vivek223233 wrote:

Ah. Just got it as well. Weird that it’s not all at the same time.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
ViktorBreadKrum wrote:
Well, I can’t deny your experience without having been there. However, I think it’s also important to reflect on how clear your answers might have been. If she couldn’t capture your answers properly then she would have to probe further. Look at it this way as well - if she was probing a lot it’s likely because she wanted to make sure she was giving you a chance to answer well enough.

I agree with this assessment - your interviewer was probably trying to get the best out of you. My interviewer asked a lot of questions but only because he wanted more information, so be confident.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Did everyone get this ‘ Michigan Ross Invites You To These Special Interviewee Events!’?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Ronaldoooooooo wrote:
Did everyone get this ‘ Michigan Ross Invites You To These Special Interviewee Events!’?

Yes, I did!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Ronaldoooooooo wrote:

­I received it around 20 minutes after my interview ended.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Ronaldoooooooo wrote:

I received it too 20 mins back
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Yeah me too
So maybe they are sending it out at specific time everyday to people who completed the interview
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I didn’t received any!!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
dsootsecond wrote:
Yeah me too So maybe they are sending it out at specific time everyday to people who completed the interview

I received it before completing the interview. It’s probably random
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
rishi02 wrote:
I received it before completing the interview. It’s probably random

Random... like many things about the whole Ross process :shh:
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I was supposed to interview today. The date and time was decided after discussing it with the interviewer. Sent her a calendar invite one week ago which she accepted. But she did not join the call. I waited for 10 minutes and then dropped an email. Also tried calling on mobile, but it went straight to voicemail. I stayed on the video call for an hour :|
Not sure how to handle this situation, expecially so close to the interview deadline date.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
piyush717 wrote:
I was supposed to interview today. The date and time was decided after discussing it with the interviewer. Sent her a calendar invite one week ago which she accepted. But she did not join the call. I waited for 10 minutes and then dropped an email. Also tried calling on mobile, but it went straight to voicemail. I stayed on the video call for an hour :| Not sure how to handle this situation, expecially so close to the interview deadline date.

Inform the adcom about this without delay.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
piyush717 wrote:
I was supposed to interview today. The date and time was decided after discussing it with the interviewer. Sent her a calendar invite one week ago which she accepted. But she did not join the call. I waited for 10 minutes and then dropped an email. Also tried calling on mobile, but it went straight to voicemail. I stayed on the video call for an hour :| Not sure how to handle this situation, expecially so close to the interview deadline date.

Drop an email to the adcom if haven’t done so already. Same happened with me but with a diff school. They’ll reschedule it don’t worry
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
dilipkumarsurya wrote:
I didn’t received any!!

Same here.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Should we consider rejected if no invite
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Can anyone advice me on Admit Experts?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
does a letter of support helps in getting an interview invite?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I am the R1 WL with interview. No updates so far. Should I just wait for decision date?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin