GMAT Data Insight Chat

MBA Chat

go back
USC Marshall 1 members online out of 1027
dots
Forum discussion
Chat members
creed1196 wrote:
Hold on- they expect you to confirm/deny offers without funding info?

April 30th is the deadline to confirm your decision whereas 22nd is the deadline for scholarship info. Although technically a week before the deadline, it’s still way too late for many students out there. And very weird to not follow any of the dates they mentioned in their website.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
parashcr7 wrote:
Hi Saaurya, As for confirming our decision, majority of people were given access to confirming the decision on the you.usc.edu portal. I suggest writing to the adcom to get that access. As for scholarships, wait till 22nd; no other go.

They don’t reply. Done that already.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I’m at R2 applicant but I was interviewed just 2 days before the decisions deadline of 31st March for some reason. My interviewer said that they won’t be able to give me a decision by the R2 decisions deadline but they’ll send it within 1.5 weeks. It has been 1.5 weeks and I haven’t heard from them yet.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
wittykitty wrote:
I’m at R2 applicant but I was interviewed just 2 days before the decisions deadline of 31st March for some reason. My interviewer said that they won’t be able to give me a decision by the R2 decisions deadline but they’ll send it within 1.5 weeks. It has been 1.5 weeks and I haven’t heard from them yet.

I had my interview 2 days after the deadline (R2) and got my admittance letter yesterday almost at midnight Pacific Time. You will probably get it this week. Good luck!

Posted from my mobile device
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Those who mailed asking for scholarship decision before 22nd, did you get a response?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
gonzot97 Thank you! Did you also receive a scholarship decision?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
wittykitty wrote:

It did not appear on the admissions letter so no. I am currently appealing the decision.

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
gonzot97 wrote:
wittykitty wrote:

It did not appear on the admissions letter so no. I am currently appealing the decision.

­What do you mean appealing the decision? 
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
wittykitty wrote:
gonzot97 wrote:
wittykitty wrote:

­What do you mean appealing the decision? 

Sending supplemental information and updates to see if I can get any merit scholarship.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
gonzot97 wrote:
Sending supplemental information and updates to see if I can get any merit scholarship.

How are you planning on sending supplemental information? Will you send it through mail cuz I don’t see an option on the portal. If yes which email address?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
ps2897 wrote:
gonzot97 wrote:

How are you planning on sending supplemental information? Will you send it through mail cuz I don’t see an option on the portal. If yes which email address?

They asked to send the info directly to the Marshall admissions email. I also cc’d 3 members of the admissions team.

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
gonzot97 wrote:
They asked to send the info directly to the Marshall admissions email. I also cc’d 3 members of the admissions team. Posted from my mobile device

who asked?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Did anyone on the waitlist get any updates? When should we hear back from them if we’re on the waitlist?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
ddmco wrote:
Did anyone on the waitlist get any updates? When should we hear back from them if we’re on the waitlist?

haven’t heard anything
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Does anybody knows if the invites for R3 interviews have been sent out or not?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
admin369 wrote:
Does anybody knows if the invites for R3 interviews have been sent out or not?

+1
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Anyone here interviewed near to the decision deadline and heard back on the decision?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi,
I recently received an email to view the decision status through the USC portal, even though I had already received an acceptance decision email on March 31st. However, the decision status on the portal did not mention anything about scholarships. I am wondering if the university will send a new email regarding scholarship decisions, or if this message is the only representation of our scholarship decision. Thank you.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Saaurya wrote:
Hi, I recently received an email to view the decision status through the USC portal, even though I had already received an acceptance decision email on March 31st. However, the decision status on the portal did not mention anything about scholarships. I am wondering if the university will send a new email regarding scholarship decisions, or if this message is the only representation of our scholarship decision. Thank you.

Did you drop them an email about not getting the decision letter in the portal?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
iampancham21 wrote:
Did you drop them an email about not getting the decision letter in the portal?

No.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Did everyone get their admit letters updated in the portal?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Is there any https://gmatclub.com/chat chat group for accepted students?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
*https://gmatclub.com/chat chat group
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Does not let me type WA for some reason
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Wanted to check if Marshall permits deferral considering the long waiting queues for visa processing for Indians?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Saaurya wrote:
Hi, I recently received an email to view the decision status through the USC portal, even though I had already received an acceptance decision email on March 31st. However, the decision status on the portal did not mention anything about scholarships. I am wondering if the university will send a new email regarding scholarship decisions, or if this message is the only representation of our scholarship decision. Thank you.

Hi dear, the same happened with me, what we need to do? is that being final decision, or should we wait until 22nd of April as they promised to announce scholarship?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I think, through application portal first they identity how many students are going to complete decision and then they will consider only students who have completed on the application portal
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
My bad sorry, just checked and wanted to complete it directed to pay non-refundable deposit, the deadline is May 1, 2024
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
anyone on here waitlisted from round 1
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
and if so have you heard back from usc marshall?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I was waitlisted in R1.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
iampancham21 wrote:
Did everyone get their admit letters updated in the portal?

I did not. Not in yousc
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
So I didn’t get the gmat waiver so did not continue my application but still got a decision today?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Smudgy5908 wrote:
and if so have you heard back from usc marshall?

Nope
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Anybody from R2 received a scholarship decision so far?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Has anyone been able to convert the waitlist?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Any R3 folks getting interview invites yet?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi folks!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Here, I have just received invitation to interview
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Same here!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
^ R3 applicant?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Yes
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
­Hi, I need help with the next steps after getting admitted and submitting the first deposit(Nonrefundable).
I am curious- to apply for the visa. 
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Anyone who got the scholarship decision updated on the portal?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Nope , nothing here, will update here If I see anything
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
HI HAS ANYONE APPLIED FOR THE MSC MARKETING PROGRAM HERE?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin

BhawanaBhardwaj wrote:
­Hi, I need help with the next steps after getting admitted and submitting the first deposit(Nonrefundable).
I am curious- to apply for the visa. 

­
Hello BhawanaBhardwaj,

Hope you are doing well.

Generally, the school will guide you on the next steps involved in getting a visa ( I-20 process etc); if you are looking for assistance that is very specialized in nature, it would be best to get a professional visa consultant on board.

All the best!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hello everyone,
I am a R2 admit and currently looking at housing options. I did apply for the uni accommodation but going by their feedback its only a 20% chance of getting allotted a space. So if anyone’s interested for a shared space ( private bed and bath ) pls do hit me up. Look forward to seeing you all x
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Anyone here interviewed by Benjamin Greenfeld ? If Yes, Can you pls share the questions
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
BhawanaBhardwaj wrote:
­Hi, I need help with the next steps after getting admitted and submitting the first deposit(Nonrefundable). I am curious- to apply for the visa. 

Hey, BhawanaBhardwaj,

Thank you for your question!
Firstly, Congratulations on getting admitted! 

Now, after admission, you need to apply for the F1 Visa for an MBA in the USA. Here’s a condensed version of the F1 Visa application process for studying in the USA,

- Receive Form I-20: Obtain Form I-20 from your SEVIS-approved U.S. school confirming your admission.
- Pay SEVIS Fee: Pay the $350 SEVIS I-901 fee online and save the confirmation receipt.
- Complete the DS-160 Form: Complete the DS-160 form on the U.S. Department of State’s website and print the confirmation page.
- Schedule Visa Interview: Book your visa interview via the U.S. embassy or consulate’s website in your home country.
- Pay Visa Application Fee: Pay the $160 visa application fee as instructed.
- Gather Required Documents: Compile documents such as your passport, DS-160 page, Form I-20, fee receipts, passport-size photos, academic records, test scores, financial proofs, and a statement of purpose.
- Attend Visa Interview: Go to the embassy or consulate for your interview, bringing all required documents.
- Await Visa Decision: Wait for the decision after the interview; if approved, receive your visa via courier or follow additional instructions if more processing is needed.

To know more about, F1 visa Interview, Maintaining Visa Status, F1 Visa Renewal and Validity, you can refer to this blog link -  https://www.mim-essay.com/f1-visa-for-mba-in-usa?utm_source=GMATClub&utm_medium=Eval17April&utm_campaign=USCMarshallChat

Sorry for the long answer; I hope this helps! :)

Cheers!

Abhyank
Founder & CEO
MiM-Essay
MBA and Masters Admissions Consulting
Contact us: +91-8448224865
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
MiMEssay wrote:
Hey, BhawanaBhardwaj, Thank you for your question! Firstly, Congratulations on getting admitted!    Now, after admission, you need to apply for the F1 Visa for an MBA in the USA. Here’s a condensed version of the F1 Visa application process for studying in the USA, - Receive Form I-20: Obtain Form I-20 from your SEVIS-approved U.S. school confirming your admission. - Pay SEVIS Fee: Pay the $350 SEVIS I-901 fee online and save the confirmation receipt. - Complete the DS-160 Form: Complete the DS-160 form on the U.S. Department of State’s website and print the confirmation page. - Schedule Visa Interview: Book your visa interview via the U.S. embassy or consulate’s website in your home country. - Pay Visa Application Fee: Pay the $160 visa application fee as instructed. - Gather Required Documents: Compile documents such as your passport, DS-160 page, Form I-20, fee receipts, passport-size photos, academic records, test scores, financial proofs, and a statement of purpose. - Attend Visa Interview: Go to the embassy or consulate for your interview, bringing all required documents. - Await Visa Decision: Wait for the decision after the interview; if approved, receive your visa via courier or follow additional instructions if more processing is needed. To know more about, F1 visa Interview, Maintaining Visa Status, F1 Visa Renewal and Validity, you can refer to this blog link -  https://www.mim-essay.com/f1-visa-for-mba-in-usa?utm_source=GMATClub&utm_medium=Eval17April&utm_campaign=USCMarshallChat Sorry for the long answer; I hope this helps! :) Cheers! Abhyank Founder & CEO MiM-Essay MBA and Masters Admissions Consulting Contact us: +91-8448224865

To know more about, F1 visa Interview, Maintaining Visa Status, F1 Visa Renewal and Validity, you can refer to this blog link -

https://www.mim-essay.com/f1-visa-for-m ... rshallChat
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
hi, is there a separate chat group for R2 admits ?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
sushantbhagat267 wrote:
Hello everyone, I am a R2 admit and currently looking at housing options. I did apply for the uni accommodation but going by their feedback its only a 20% chance of getting allotted a space. So if anyone’s interested for a shared space ( private bed and bath ) pls do hit me up. Look forward to seeing you all x

Hey, did you receive a decision on your scholarship?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
are R3 applicants still hearing back regarding interviews?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hey just received the scholarship info

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Mrlla wrote:
Hey just received the scholarship info Posted from my mobile device

Congrats! How much did you get?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Mrlla wrote:
Hey just received the scholarship info Posted from my mobile device

congrats !! was it through email ??
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Thank you! Yup through email. Hang in tight guys, the emails are rolling

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I did as well.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi, R2 admit here. Understand that I need to pay a deposit by a certain date, but I’m unable to find information regarding the deadline for the full tuition payment on the website. Anyone have the details? Thank you!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
icedcoffee13 wrote:
Hi, R2 admit here. Understand that I need to pay a deposit by a certain date, but I’m unable to find information regarding the deadline for the full tuition payment on the website. Anyone have the details? Thank you!

It should be in your offer letter , that’s where I found the deadline

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin

Hyong1991 wrote:
icedcoffee13 wrote:

­I only found the deadline for the deposit, not the full tuition payment. Will the full tuition payment deadline be the same for all admitted students? If so, do you mind sharing yours?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
icedcoffee13 wrote:

Hyong1991 wrote:
icedcoffee13 wrote:

­I only found the deadline for the deposit, not the full tuition payment. Will the full tuition payment deadline be the same for all admitted students? If so, do you mind sharing yours?

Yea sure no problem, I’m not at my computer right now

it’s 3000 usd, I recall if you go to that sketchy (lol)

Usc.you site , the one that you can view your letter if you click on statement of intention it’ll bring you to some payment page.

Again I could’ve recalled wrongly I’ve to check again
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
icedcoffee13 wrote:

Deposit needs to be paid by April 30.
As per current students, tuition is paid semester-wise. The deadline for the first payment for Fall’24 is 23rd Aug this year.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
The deposit deadline would vary for different rounds. April 30 is for R2.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Anyone who got more than 50K in scholarship in R2?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Few people also got 60k
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Are all emails out? Any clue if they’ll be sending more?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Did you’ll get an email or was it mentioned on the portal?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
People got emails.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Emails are out. People in R1 on an average got 60-80k I guess. Not sure how’s the funding scene for this round.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Email received here at 40k total

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
anyone still receiving R3 interview invites ?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Anira wrote:
anyone still receiving R3 interview invites ?

Yes
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hyong1991 wrote:
Email received here at 40k total Posted from my mobile device

Same here!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
hi guys, does the scholarship info updated on portal too ?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I got 60k. Did anyone get more than that? I am planning to negotiate.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
If you got waitlisted during R2, by when can you expect a decision?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
sud23 wrote:
Yes

Gotcha. Can you tell me when did you receive yours ?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
­Many interesting things are found here
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Anira wrote:
Gotcha. Can you tell me when did you receive yours ?

04/16
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I received an email from AdCom for interview slots on 04/16 with interview dates to pick b/w 04/17 to 04/23. Since I am traveling for business , I got my interview rescheduled on 04/25
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Can USC waive the enrollment deposit?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
hizbawigm wrote:
Can USC waive the enrollment deposit?

No
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Has anyone attempted to negotiate the provided scholarship? What is the process for negotiating, such as who to address in an email?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Anyone who interviewed with Nicholas Lopez?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Yes me
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Have DM’d you :)
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I had my interview in 1st round with Lopez. I am admitted with scholarship, I can help
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Anybody based in India - in case you’re looking to buy latest GMAT Focus Edition OGs and online question banks - please DM. Thanks!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
R3 applicant. Did my interview with Nicholas Lopez on 4/19. Just waiting to hear back for a final decision.

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Anybody else received an interview invite from Nirav M requesting available time slots, and then never heard from them again? I have sent follow up emails but received no answers.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
haha same
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Axolotl65 wrote:
Anybody else received an interview invite from Nirav M requesting available time slots, and then never heard from them again? I have sent follow up emails but received no answers.

Happened with me R2. I had sent a follow-up email a week after my first reply. It takes time sometimes with scheduling concerns.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Has anyone converted waitlisted? Or, has anyone received an interview invitation after being waitlisted?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
For those waitlisted in R2, we’ll likely find out early-mid May is what I’ve heard from a student who was waitlisted last year
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Did someone have a scheduled interview with Nicholas Lopez and it was cancelled?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Anyone had a R4 interview yet? Deadline was April 15th but I’m worried I may have missed the boat
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
MBAXR01 wrote:
Did someone have a scheduled interview with Nicholas Lopez and it was cancelled?

I did
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Tree1234 wrote:
I did

I tried to reached out twice, but I didn’t receive response, then I sent a email to general MBA mail. They told me he will reach out me soon
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin