Join group
New group
New private
Archived groups
go back
Stanford GSB 3 members online out of 2044
dots
Chat members
agreed with you. everyone should have known yes/no/maybe on the same day. it’s torture! my brain wrecked
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Is applying ar 30 too late for Stanford
MBA program ?? Is round 3 terrible for an Indian applicant ?

Posted from my mobile device
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
nawangagrawal5, yes, you can apply to the MBA and the MSx at the same time -- usually people with 8+ years of professional experience choose to apply to both, just to hedge their bets
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
vamkrispk wrote:

Chronological age does not matter as much as # of years of work experience (and what’s been accomplished in those years) -- the older you are, the higher the expectations will be for what you will have accomplished / the impact you will have had. That is, when I’ve worked with people over age 30 who get into GSB MBA, they are really performing and leading at an "Oh, wow..." type of level. Of course, the younger applicants also need that "Oh, wow..." factor, but obviously the older someone is, the higher the expectation will be re: "ok so are they on their way to ’changing the world’, or at least, being the sort of person who WILL one day ’change the world’?"

TL;DR: "Age 30" by itself is fine... though if you’ve got 8+ years of work experience at the time of applying, apply to both MBA and MSx at the same time, to hedge your bets
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
vamkrispk wrote:

And yes, usually Round 3 is really, really hard. This is because by the time the decisions come out:

1) It might be a super-stressful sprint to try to get a student visa in time to get to campus by August.
2) It might also be tough to line up student loan financing in time to make the first tuition payment (which I’m pretty sure is BEFORE August!)

and of course, by the time Round 3 rolls around, pretty much all seats have already been taken.... and I also advise R3 applicants (well, first of all, I don’t really advise that anyone bother with R3!, but....if they insist...) I advise R3 applicants to explain WHY they waited so long. After all, MBA deadlines are the same pretty much from year to year to year... it’s not like the deadlines sneak up on anyone? So, if someone is applying so late in the game, I usually advise that an explanation be provided as to why an earlier application wasn’t possible.

Hope this helps!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Is there a room for flexibility for minimum experience requirement of 8 years for Stanford MSx program? I will have 7 years and 9 month of professional workex at matriculation.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
NareshGargMBA wrote:
Is there a room for flexibility for minimum experience requirement of 8 years for Stanford MSx program? I will have 7 years and 9 month of professional workex at matriculation.

It seems it can rounded up… my guess it’s more of a guideline rather than a hard requirement. So I would say most likely, but only the admissions team can give you an ironclad answer.

Ultimately, the admissions team is looking for certain accomplishments in a certain level of maturity, as well as career growth. If you have moved faster than others, I don’t think you have much to be concerned about.

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I am concerned about the undertaking at the start of the application that asks me to certify that I will have at least 8 years of experience by July 2023. Since I will be 2-3 months short than that and I don’t want to take any chances, I think that it’s better to confirm that it’s not a hard requirement. I have written to the adcom explaining the same.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
does anyone know when decision might come out on the portal today?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
or, when did decisions come out on the portal last year?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
seems like its 10 am PT
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Someone on Reddit said it’s 4-5 pm last year, but it seems like they didn’t call admits in the last day.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
But doesn’t GSB has a fixed date and time for releasing decisions like HBS does?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Portal updated
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
waitlisted
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Does anyone know what are the chances of getting out of waitlist? haha
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
waitlisted :(
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Same. Waitlisted. My guess is that the chance are slim.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
anpipi wrote:
Same. Waitlisted. My guess is that the chance are slim.

Keep your hope alive
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
For waitlisted applicants, there is no merit in speed. Don’t break all your shots in one go because you continue receiving emails asking you for updates so try to have a plan for at least two updates and ideally three that you can send over. This means if you have to updates today, don’t send them at the same time - stretch it out a bit. Theoretically, between the application deadline in September and your review again in February, you’ve had about six months, so hopefully you can have some decent updates to report back. If not, start thinking what you can do….

PS. Waitlist can be tricky, and sometimes they are diversity driven. Meaning, unless an applicant with your profile parameters, quits, or is not found, only then they will take you off the waitlist. This means that no matter how awesome your updates may be, if nobody bails, you won’t get an invite

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
For those who got waitlist or admission, which admission consultant do you suggest for next year applicants?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Wesco2050 wrote:
Keep your hope alive

Thanks haha
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Interesting! Seems lots of WL folks in a short period of time. Did a GSB notification go out? Or GMAT club notification or?

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
bb wrote:
Interesting! Seems lots of WL folks in a short period of time. Did a GSB notification go out? Or GMAT club notification or?

Looks like neither. Looks like moderators are cleaning up the results. Thank you 🙏🙏🙏
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Will the application fees be charged twice if one decides to apply for both MBA and MSx programs?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
INareshGargMBA, Ideally, it should be charged twice as they’re two separate programmes unless one is linked to another. You can try by starting the application, no harm in it.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi All. When submitting both Essays in a single PDF, do we need to specify the headings as well? As in Essay A and Essay B, or should I just submit the essays on separate pages without them?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I just wrote "Essay A" and "Essay B" as headings. I’m not sure how they would account for the word limit (1050 words) if we write the full questions too
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
KD1995 wrote:
I just wrote "Essay A" and "Essay B" as headings. I’m not sure how they would account for the word limit (1050 words) if we write the full questions too

Do these words "Essay A" and "Essay B" count as the part of the 1050 word limit?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi All. I’m an international applicant from India to Stanford GSB. While applying, I observed the following review page comment: Based on your information, you may be required to submit an English-language test. Review Stanford’s policy on English-language tests. However, according to the ’Test Scores’ section’s instructions, I am exempt from taking any English proficiency test because I have a bachelor’s degree from a university that provided instruction in English. Can anyone please assist me with navigating this issue?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
As long as your transcripts mention that the medium of instruction is English, you should be good
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
but please check and confirm with the admissions once
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Nikhil wrote:
As long as your transcripts mention that the medium of instruction is English, you should be good

My transcript doesn’t mention that, but I have a separate certificate from my college that I have attached alongside my transcript. Would that work?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Not sure about that. You may have to double check with the adcom.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
AlwaysImproving wrote:
Do these words "Essay A" and "Essay B" count as the part of the 1050 word limit?

My document has exactly 1050 words, including the words "Essay A" and "Essay B"
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi is anyone facing issues with the GSB application portal?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Yes, it’s not opening
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Any information from the school on this?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
No
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
What should we do?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I have tried calling them, but no response. My friend at Stanford said to email them.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Anyone else facing the issue?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
from admissions team at Stanford - I just got word that our IT team is working to resolve the issue.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I just called them. Deadline extended by 17 hours. New deadline is 6th Jan 9 a.m. PT. They will update the website shortly
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
adityaroongta wrote:
I just called them. Deadline extended by 17 hours. New deadline is 6th Jan 9 a.m. PT. They will update the website shortly

Good to know. Thanks for updating us here!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Nikhil wrote:
Good to know. Thanks for updating us here!

WhatsApp Image 2023-01-06 at 7.43.20 PM.jpeg

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hey guys, I submitted my application to Stanford for R2 a bit ahead of the deadline and I just realized I made a mistake in reporting my salary. I kinda want to explain this to the adcom but I also don’t want to come off as the annoying applicant who bothers them during their busiest period and who could not even report his salary correctly. Any thoughts or recommendations about what I should do?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
M7in2023 wrote:
Hey guys, I submitted my application to Stanford for R2 a bit ahead of the deadline and I just realized I made a mistake in reporting my salary. I kinda want to explain this to the adcom but I also don’t want to come off as the annoying applicant who bothers them during their busiest period and who could not even report his salary correctly. Any thoughts or recommendations about what I should do?

I think GSB has option to update application e.g update resume etc via portal. Either you can upload a one page of short description about error in your salary or you can mail adcom directly. Re-vera checks salary very seriously. Sometimes they even ask how did you do conversion ( INR to USD etc). So it is better to give give right information.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
they have an option to add new information after submitting your application
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
in the form of a document
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
All the best to everyone who has submitted their applications in round 2. On their website, GSB mentions that the interviews are held from mid-January to mid-March. Does this mean round 2 interview invites are sent on a rolling basis?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
KD1995 wrote:
All the best to everyone who has submitted their applications in round 2. On their website, GSB mentions that the interviews are held from mid-January to mid-March. Does this mean round 2 interview invites are sent on a rolling basis?

That’s correct
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Anyone know how interview invites for Consortium come out? Is it just via email? I submitted round 2 through CGSM so don’t have the luxury of checking the GSB portal, just curious what to look out for over the next month.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
currutia19 wrote:
Anyone know how interview invites for Consortium come out? Is it just via email? I submitted round 2 through CGSM so don’t have the luxury of checking the GSB portal, just curious what to look out for over the next month.

Email.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hey applicants!

Targeting Stanford? Have doubts regarding the Stanford MBA program. This article will serve as a comprehensive guide to Stanford MBA admissions requirements, deadlines, class profiles, costs, budgets, pre-MBA employers, and strategies for beating Stanford acceptance rate odds.

You can refer to our article on Important takeaways from Stanford MBA acceptance rate, it will help you a lot!

Cheers!
MBA and Beyond
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
KD1995 wrote:

Received an email today saying that Round 2 interviews will be notified starting 24 Feb
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
? The email said “mid-January to mid-March” for interviews, nothing about Feb 24.

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
should we expect interview invitation start rolling from next Monday?

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
m7gogogo wrote:
should we expect interview invitation start rolling from next Monday? Posted from my mobile device

I guess so. Good luck to everyone
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
KD1995 wrote:

Yes. They will send out a few interview invites every week.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
thomastheophilus wrote:
KD1995 wrote:

Received an email today saying that Round 2 interviews will be notified starting 24 Feb

thomastheophilus Did you get this email from GSB? Can you post the full text of it?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
“ When might I be invited to interview?
MSx Admissions will email invitations on or after 24 February 2023.”
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
thomastheophilus wrote:
“ When might I be invited to interview? MSx Admissions will email invitations on or after 24 February 2023.”

Got it. This email was for the MSx admissions.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
thomastheophilus wrote:
“ When might I be invited to interview?
MSx Admissions will email invitations on or after 24 February 2023.”

We also have a different chat group for MSx https://gmatclub.com/forum/mchat.php?room_id=50050414
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Nikhil wrote:
Got it. This email was for the MSx admissions.

Yes
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Nikhil wrote:
We also have a different chat group for MSx https://gmatclub.com/forum/mchat.php?room_id=50050414

I see, okay
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Nikhil wrote:

I see okay
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Wbrpt168 wrote:
? The email said “mid-January to mid-March” for interviews, nothing about Feb 24. Posted from my mobile device

Feb 24th was for MSx admissions.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I see, okay.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
This group is for Stanford GSB in general or MBA only?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Most of the users here are interested in the MBA or have already applied.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Sure, will exit then. The title said “Stanford GSB” so I assumed this is for anyone interested in Stanford GSB.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
lightoftheseven wrote:
KD1995 wrote:

That’s correct
eagerly waiting 🤗

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Has anyone gotten an R2 interview invite yet?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Nope
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
They’d have started sending interviews by now I assume
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I haven’t seen any post in the public forums about an invite, but most people only update a final decision AFAIK. The waiting period is always the worst.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
And Stanford sends out interview invites a few at a time till the very last. In the worst case, we may have to wait close to the decision day for the invite.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
So everone is of the opinion that GSB has sent invites but no one has updated Clear Admit or GMAT Club?

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Nah I suspect they haven’t even started sending invites - if you look at Liveadmit from previous years the earliest reported invite is Jan 19th last year, but the few years before that they didn’t really start rolling out invites until Feb. No need to be watching for e-mails just yet.

buildingno5610 wrote:
So everone is of the opinion that GSB has sent invites but no one has updated Clear Admit or GMAT Club?

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Did interview invites start rolling out?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I think so.... I saw few people posted on ClearAdmit
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Anyone here got the interview invite?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I was lucky enough to get an invite. Do you suggest any resources to prep? Will be eternally grateful. Thank you :)
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Received an interview invite yesterday night IST through e-mail - really lucky!! Any mock interview prep resources/ groups anyone suggests?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Any more invites from GSB to Indian candidates?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
congrats to all the interview invites! Do they update the portal as well? or only notice by an email? Please share your case if you got invited :)
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Congratulations to all who got the interview invite and all the best to those still waiting.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Please make sure you check Stanford interview experiences at the following link
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Last year, we have also conducted an interview prep session where a Stanford student helped us addressing how to prepare for the interviews etc
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
We have also recorded the session.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
If you are interested in the session recording, please fill in the form at the following link and let me know
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Is Stanford interview invite on a rolling basis?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Taiye wrote:
Is Stanford interview invite on a rolling basis?

Yes
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Stanford Consortium R2 Interview Invites?

Has anyone who applied to Stanford through the Consortium heard back on interviews for R2?

Would also appreciate any info from R1 GSB/CGSM applicants on their experience/timeline!

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
shubhamkumar14 wrote:
Received an interview invite yesterday night IST through e-mail - really lucky!! Any mock interview prep resources/ groups anyone suggests?

Did you check the interview debriefs and the interview prep session?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
anyone from europe heard back?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Any interview invites to candidates from India in the last few days?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin