GMAT Quantitative Chat

GMAT Data Insight Chat

MBA Chat

go back
Stanford GSB 2 members online out of 4640
dots
Forum discussion
Chat members
Pinned: Please update your decisions in the tracker https://gmatclub.com/forum/decision-tra ... ister.html
Pin
Just got word that it’s come through. Just had to hit send reminder a bunch of times :cry:
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
do we have to send our official gmat scores to GSB along with the application?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
itsmanjaa wrote:
do we have to send our official gmat scores to GSB along with the application?

Nope! Only upon admission.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
So apparently GSB started sending invites? I’m not sure but I saw posts on clear admit. Anybody here get an invite?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
It’s going to take them a while to get through all the applications from Indians, so they can then compare, so i wouldn’t be terribly stressed if you didn’t hear anything in the coming 2-3 weeks.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Can’t believe they started sending invites on 12 January this year! Very early compared to previous years. I applied in rd 2 but haven’t received an invite.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
Nope! Only upon admission.

Thanks
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
MoPaz32 wrote:
Can’t believe they started sending invites on 12 January this year! Very early compared to previous years. I applied in rd 2 but haven’t received an invite.

Do you think the received fewer apps this cycle compared to previous years?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Could be candidates who applied before december and multiple ways to look at it, if they have some candidates who by the looks of it were an easy pick for an interview, that can be a driving factor too. Coz, in some (rare) cases, those possibilities hold true. Of course these are speculations but that doesn’t mean anything yet. Or it just could be a hoax given most of these things are self reported. We never know
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Be patient, you guys will receive invites soon.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Businessconquerer wrote:
Could be candidates who applied before december and multiple ways to look at it, if they have some candidates who by the looks of it were an easy pick for an interview, that can be a driving factor too. Coz, in some (rare) cases, those possibilities hold true. Of course these are speculations but that doesn’t mean anything yet. Or it just could be a hoax given most of these things are self reported. We never know

Exactly - I find it hard to believe that no one from this group received an invite.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I can confirm that interview invitations to R2 applicants are going out as I received one this morning.

No need to be stressed about this - GSB explicitly state on their website that the timing of the interview is uncorrelated with an applicant’s admission chances. Interviews simply go out in the order in which they go through applications, I assume.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
HSWorNothing wrote:
Exactly - I find it hard to believe that no one from this group received an invite.

They started within the two week window as usual, I believe. I cannot disclose which clients got it but most of the clients are ORM (hoping this helps others).
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
HSWorNothing wrote:

But I would never trust the self reported stuff. I have been on this forum and others long enough. There have been times where misrepresentation has happened so I always go with a good enough data set to make decision
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
And I also received inquiries because of our free virtual interview Q&A walk-ins too so some people have received it, this week too. Most people from different demographics, so anyone can receive it based on whatever adcom has decided to do this year. But interviews have started rolling out so I hope this helps. Godspeed my fellow changemakers!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Businessconquerer wrote:
They started within the two week window as usual, I believe. I cannot disclose which clients got it but most of the clients are ORM (hoping this helps others).

What’s ORM
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Has only else not received an email notification confirming their application was submitted? I contacted the GSB admission office and they said my application was on file, but found it weird I never got an email notification
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Universe777777 wrote:
What’s ORM

Over represented Male candidates
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Businessconquerer wrote:
Over represented Male candidates

Over-Represented Minority
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
ORM International I meant, but I guess there’s multiple ways of saying so.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Universe777777 wrote:
What’s ORM

Thanks for asking for clarification, definitely helps me improve my chat communication
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
kanchank wrote:
KodlakWhitemane wrote:
Thank you!!! I was rejected without interview last year, so this is honestly a surprise! Posted from my mobile device

Anyone got R2 interview invite yet??
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Did anyone who applied through the consortium receive a confirmation email from GSB? I can see in the consortium portal that the GSB application is "complete" but worried that I did not get any confirmation.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hey Mba202621. I just received confirmation this afternoon. I applied through the Consortium on 1/5/24.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
is applying to Stanford R3 a bad decision?.. I am no Micheal phelps or malala yousufzai... neither did I start a tech firm and sold for it $2 mm +... so from this point... please tell me.. do they even select people or is it houseful by then?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
vamkrispk wrote:
is applying to Stanford R3 a bad decision?.. I am no Micheal phelps or malala yousufzai... neither did I start a tech firm and sold for it $2 mm +... so from this point... please tell me.. do they even select people or is it houseful by then?

Depends on your profile, demographics and to be perfectly honest some statistics too.

But if you can wait another 4 months, you could invest that time in preparing a strong application for the R1 coming up.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hey everyone! If you had an interview, don’t forget to fill out the interview debrief -- you can anonymize your details, too. Here’s the link:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/stanford-gsb ... brief.html
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Just curious, did no one post from R1? I can’t see any of those there
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Received invite to R2 as well. Got matched with an interviewer as well. Good luck to everyone!

Posted from my mobile device
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Did you get an email or did you just see a status update in your application?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
satkeerti wrote:
Did you get an email or did you just see a status update in your application?

It was definetly an email.

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Dkhapllicator wrote:
Received invite to R2 as well. Got matched with an interviewer as well. Good luck to everyone! Posted from my mobile device

What is your citizenship?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Universe777777 wrote:
Dkhapllicator wrote:
Received invite to R2 as well. Got matched with an interviewer as well. Good luck to everyone! Posted from my mobile device

What is your citizenship?

Europe (Scandinavia)
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hello R2 applicants!

GMAT Club is organizing a LIVE INTERVIEW PREPARATION SERIES for all T15 schools. If you are anticipating an interview invite, you can register for the sessions. The sessions will be organized by admission consultants, current students, and R1 admits.

https://www.airmeet.com/e/8f9c23e0-b359 ... 9bfe1bd2b/
https://gmatclub.com/forum/free-mba-int ... s#p3340104

Note: This is not a recorded session and the seats are limited.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Have indians started receiving invites?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I haven’t received yet
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Anyone from LATAM have received interview?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi everyone! Please welcome nydedan as the new Stanford GSB sub-forum moderator.

nydedan is taking over and building on top of the furkanicus success (congrats on solid admits!)

P.S. Good luck with the Interview invites! 🤞
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hello guys. I’m 32yrs old and i’m from India. I need to know one thing that should I apply for stanford in R-3? As I’m looking for good scholarship.
Or should i wait until R-1 of next year?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Scholarship depends on profile but if you really want to talk about the odds, better in R1 for sure.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I’m 32M
More than 70% in 10,12 and grad
Work ex of more than 7 years (including 6yrs in public sector bank as officer)
Started a small business also
Worked part time in various NGOs (other small achievements as well at school and college level)
Scored 760 in gmat
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Solid GMAT, work ex is also decent. I think at this point, you are kinda inching towards MSx more so than MBA. The thing is I never suggest applying in R3 unless the profile is really unique and different from having worked in a company. Profile is great, I just think R1 will be a better option and really that is mostly considering that limited seats and your profile may not get the same kind of attention in R3 as it might in R1. But if you decide to apply in R3 regardless, know that if you reapply post rejection, they will need some solid changes in profile for R1. I hope this helps make the decision.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Has anyone who applied R2 via the Consortium received an interview request yet?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
LeviKhaki28 wrote:
Has anyone who applied R2 via the Consortium received an interview request yet?

Hey Levi! I applied R2 via the Consortium and I am still waiting. Currently my app status is "In Review". Good luck to you.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
RNJayMBA wrote:
Hey Levi! I applied R2 via the Consortium and I am still waiting. Currently my app status is "In Review". Good luck to you.

Good luck to you too!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
For those who received interview invite, do they provide option to interview in-person, or it’s all virtually? Thank you!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Anyone from India who got an invite?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Does anyone’s application portal show no applications in progress anymore for R2.. it used to be "in review". Likely overthinking but is this a bad sign?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Anyone from Northeast Asia got an invite?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
anon1682_ wrote:
Does anyone’s application portal show no applications in progress anymore for R2.. it used to be "in review". Likely overthinking but is this a bad sign?

Mine still says "in review" mate. Not no progress

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
This wait for Indian folks is making me go crazy
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
AWasey wrote:
This wait for Indian folks is making me go crazy

Do they review applications on a region basis?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I guess so.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Have any R2 Consortium applicants received an interview request yet?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
mba202621 wrote:
Have any R2 Consortium applicants received an interview request yet?

bump
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
mba2024applicant wrote:
bump

Silly question lol, but does that "bump" mean yes or no ?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
LeviKhaki28 wrote:
Silly question lol, but does that "bump" mean yes or no ?

bump = i am also wondering this
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
These subject lines… anyone else jump at the email when they saw “Update for all Round 2 Applicants”

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
tw32 wrote:
These subject lines… anyone else jump at the email when they saw “Update for all Round 2 Applicants” Posted from my mobile device

Yes, I did.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Saying upfront is good..
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I received invites anyone who can do mock together?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Anyone in India got one yet?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
not me, dont think il get either!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hey, anyone who wants to do mock for GSB interview, I am creating a google sheet to sign up and co-ordinate peer mocks.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
R2 applicants via Consortium receive invites yet?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
LeviKhaki28 wrote:
R2 applicants via Consortium receive invites yet?

Still waiting too.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
RNJayMBA wrote:
Still waiting too.

Still waiting
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Anyone from India got interview invite?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
shashwataggarwal wrote:
Anyone from India got interview invite?

­Not yet.... Still waiting :(
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Waiting
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi, everyone, we have a Stanford interview prep session today at 5 PM Pacific. You can join here https://www.airmeet.com/e/8f9c23e0-b359 ... 39bfe1bd2b
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Saw the 1st Indian to get an Invite on Clearadmit:

February 7, 2024 2:04pm ET
Interview Invite to Stanford GSB
Round: Round 2
Received via email February 7, 2024
GPA: 8.99/10
GMAT: 770
Program Type: Traditional Two-Year
Post MBA Career Name: Technology
Application Location: India
Note: 4 years of WE at early-stage startups with the most recent experience as a PM
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Fingers Crossed
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
We have the Stanford interview prep session starting soon at 5 PM Pacific. You can join us at this link https://www.airmeet.com/e/8f9c23e0-b359 ... 39bfe1bd2b
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hey guys,

Quick question:
Had my Stanford interview last week, and the interviewer told me the AdCom is usually pretty speedy so should expect an answer soon.
However, in all official Coms decision date is 28.3. Does anyone know do they really inform applicants ahead of the decision-date or was my interviewer simply in the wrong :D

Waiting anxiously..

Thanks,
JJ
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Is your interviewer an adcom or current student/alum? I haven’t heard the case of Stanford released decision early so there’s a good chance that your interviewer might be wrong
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Nikhil, Is there any way to access the Stanford Interview prep session recording?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi All. Hope you are doing well.
I am recently done with my GMAT and looking to apply in the upcoming intake. I feel I am in completely new terretory now. Could you give me advice on how to utilise 3-4 months I have in between the applications? I would be really greatful. Thanks!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Is Stanford still sending interview invites to R2 applicants? Did anyone in the group received invite in the last few days?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin

AWasey wrote:
Anyone from India who got an invite?

­AWasey my Indian client moved to the US as a kid but in case that counts, yes! We are very excited. Male, Mumbai, 750 GMAT; tech program manager role. ­Got invite around 1/28. ­
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
  ­AWasey my Indian client moved to the US as a kid but in case that counts, yes! We are very excited. Male, Mumbai, 750 GMAT; tech program manager role. ­Got invite around 1/28. ­

Congratz to him. I have seen just 1 applicant on Clearadmit who applied from India and got an invite yet.
The wait is making me quite nervous.

Do you think in R2 this year HS are giving less calls to some geographies specifically
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Are you thinking that maybe they are extending less invitations to India because those two schools do need-based aid? I might be adding a lot to that lol I don’t know. but I know that my client probably does not spend a lot of time on GMAC club Reddit or clear admit, he relies on me for all the info. And I’m sure that I’m probably not the only admissions consultant who is the dedicated emissary for the Indian GSB applicant under their care. Sorry I don’t have much insight on the geo question. I’m a boutique shop. Might ask others on that, though. Good luck 🍀 hope you get one.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
AWasey wrote:
Congratz to him. I have seen just 1 applicant on Clearadmit who applied from India and got an invite yet. The wait is making me quite nervous. Do you think in R2 this year HS are giving less calls to some geographies specifically

Don’t keep too much of a hope from schools like these.. not to demotivate you, but there’s nothing you gain by being anxious..remember, it’s just a school.. good luck, hope you get into a school of your liking
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Thanks Mate. I know. I have few good calls this year. Fingers Crossed.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I just want to know.. is applying to R3 at stanford bad idea?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
­Got an interview invite at 4:19 pm today! I applied through Consortium, don’t lose hope my friends.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
vimani011 wrote:
­Got an interview invite at 4:19 pm today! I applied through Consortium, don’t lose hope my friends.

That is amazing news! Congrats! Out of curiosity, when did you submit?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Unless you have a super high test score or highly diverse, not a good idea. They are only adding the bits and bobs to the class now. If it’s possible to wait start in 2025 - apply R1 or R2 this year. Do not not not apply now thinking you will just reapply R1 please don’t do that. I can explain further on that if you want. vamkrispk
vamkrispk wrote:
I just want to know.. is applying to R3 at stanford bad idea?

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hello guys! Any recommendations for Stanford MBA prep consultants? Who have you worked with?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
RNJayMBA wrote:
vimani011 wrote:
Got an interview invite at 4:19 pm today! I applied through Consortium, don’t lose hope my friends.

That is amazing news! Congrats! Out of curiosity, when did you submit?

­Sometime late December right before Christmas. Frankly, I’m not convinced that’s a factor at all. People who submitted before and after me received interviews before I did.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Can a gsb ongoing student or an alum recommend the applicant who has applied recently?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Someone updates from GSB in LATAM? I have seen several on Clearadmit several days ago and mostly from Brazil.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
mariafernandamar wrote:
Someone updates from GSB in LATAM? I have seen several on Clearadmit several days ago and mostly from Brazil.

Nothing yet over here (from Brazil)
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
any hope for more interview invites? not really seen anything recently. couple here and there on clearadmit
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
They said they would be inviting until mid-march, so I wouldn’t loose hope just yet! I know people who got it and were invited at the last possible day
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
anne_123 wrote:
They said they would be inviting until mid-march, so I wouldn’t loose hope just yet! I know people who got it and were invited at the last possible day

I believe this is true and I know it to be true but it sort of confuses me how they could get somebody interviewed and incorporate their interview notes into the final evaluation for the deadline on March 28. But I’m sure it happens.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Any new invite?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Are interview invites still coming? Is there anyone who received it during the last few days?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Haven’t seen on clear admit since long.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I believe there would be one last shot tho
chevron down
Private