GMAT Quantitative Chat

GMAT Data Insight Chat

MBA Chat

go back
2023 Intake MS Applicants 1 members online out of 908
dots
Forum discussion
Chat members
Pinned: I have combined the 2024 ranking list for top 35 schools in both QS and FT rankings and will pin it in the chat room here so that you can access it: https://gmatclub.com/forum/master-in-ma ... l#p3292537
Pin
natasha760 wrote:
practice questions 1 and 2 is different from practice tests 1 and 2

Didn’t understand! If it’s regarding whether both free tests have different questions. Well, I believe so. There is no one particular set paper. So the chances are always there. But most of the time they are different.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hey guys. I am joining the ESCP Business School at their London campus this fall. If anyone is looking for shared accommodation in London, let me know. If you have any leads, please share the group links if any. Thanks.

Posted from my mobile device
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi Everyone,
I am preparing for gmat and planning to give around august, is anyone else doing the same
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
gt98 wrote:
Hi Everyone, I am preparing for gmat and planning to give around august, is anyone else doing the same

yeah me to
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Yes me too
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi guys. I took my second trial in the gmat exam, but I panicked during the test and ended up scoring 610. I applied to HEC Paris with that low score and I mentioned that I am retaking the exam. Does anyone now how their process for the applicants who wanna retake the exam works??? I am really nervous as that is my dream school
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
If they asked you specifically whether you are considering a GMAT retake, then it shouldn’t be a problem. Otherwise, schools usually consider the marks submitted before that round deadline. If you recently submitted your application and there is time in the deadline and you can retake your GMAT. You can give it a try. Reconsidering GMAT after the deadline seems difficult. As we HEC standards.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
khnasser97 wrote:
Hi guys. I took my second trial in the gmat exam, but I panicked during the test and ended up scoring 610. I applied to HEC Paris with that low score and I mentioned that I am retaking the exam. Does anyone now how their process for the applicants who wanna retake the exam works??? I am really nervous as that is my dream school

Similar happened with me. I had applied with very low GRE score to ESCP and I had mentioned that I will retake the exam. I took the test within a small time frame and Managed to get 5 points extra. However, they denied to accept the new scores and went ahead with my first ones. It really scared me initially, as my score was subpar. But later on I got an Interview call and I made to the program at ESCP. Joining this September.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
raghav1708 wrote:
Similar happened with me. I had applied with very low GRE score to ESCP and I had mentioned that I will retake the exam. I took the test within a small time frame and Managed to get 5 points extra. However, they denied to accept the new scores and went ahead with my first ones. It really scared me initially, as my score was subpar. But later on I got an Interview call and I made to the program at ESCP. Joining this September.

how did the interview go? and did u have any special factors in ur application??
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
hey folks, i am an ex student of Singapore Management University for the course of MITB batch 2022. I am happy to help you with any doubts you have about university experience and also can connect you to my friends who completed masters in different fields like MIM , etc.
If you are already admitted to any university in Singapore, i am also looking for a flatmate as i have a spare master bedroom in my apartment. :)
Ping me for anything u need - +65 - 88848419
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
khnasser97 wrote:
how did the interview go? and did u have any special factors in ur application??

Just remeber that test scores are only one factor of application - letters, statement of purpose, grades, and work experience are all highly relevant
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Many schools would rather take an okay test score and gpa but with strong statement of purpose and great letters than the inverse
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hello guys, Can anyone suggest which business school is suitable based on my profile? -Preferable Program: MS in Business Anlytics - Gmat: 690 ( Verbal 37, Quant 47) - CFA Level 1 passed - Job Experience: Almost 1 year as an Assistant manager ( Hope it will be 1.5 years during my application time)
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
CGPA-3.5
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
where will I get the application deadline and the ranking of universities for MS in Business Analytics?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Well. Your profile looks decent enough. Regarding the deadlines. If you can see the pinned chat in this chatroom. It consists of a 2023 deadline. I am unsure whether you are looking for this year’s or next year’s intake. But in any case. The deadlines are almost similar every year.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I am looking for next year. thank you yashikaaggarwal,
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hey any applicants who are going to apply for 2024 here?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Traviskyon wrote:
Hey any applicants who are going to apply for 2024 here?

Present :)
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Ranasaymon wrote:
where will I get the application deadline and the ranking of universities for MS in Business Analytics?

I believe MIT Sloan offers a Masters in Business Analytics. That will probably be one of the top (just going off MIT brand name)
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Ranasaymon wrote:
I am looking for next year. thank you yashikaaggarwal,

You can refer 2023 deadlines. They are almost the same every year.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
mysterymanrog wrote:
I believe MIT Sloan offers a Masters in Business Analytics. That will probably be one of the top (just going off MIT brand name)

Second that, but do apply to a couple of competitive schools as well. MIT is literally the dream school.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
yashikaaggarwal wrote:
Second that, but do apply to a couple of competitive schools as well. MIT is literally the dream school.

Indeed.. MIT would be a dream come true
Not sure if Financial Times or similar offers a ranking for MS in business analytics? I recall a poets and quants article somewhere
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
You can see a whole list of programmes on poets and quants website
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
some really good schools - Duke Furqua, UVA, NYU Stern.. seems to have a lot of choices
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
hey everyone! is there anyone here admitted to bocconi uni (not sda)?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
marius463 wrote:
hey everyone! is there anyone here admitted to bocconi uni (not sda)?

Maybe you can look into the main forum. I am sure people might have posts regarding it.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hey, Guys.
Hope all is going well.
Is anyone applying for an MSc in the 2024 intake? If you want any guidance, do reach out.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
yashikaaggarwal wrote:
Hey, Guys. Hope all is going well. Is anyone applying for an MSc in the 2024 intake? If you want any guidance, do reach out.

Present!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Ciao. Anything to share?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
yashikaaggarwal wrote:
Ciao. Anything to share?

I am getting done with test prep =] will update as I send applications
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Woah. Nice. If you need any help with the application or proofreading your essay. Let me know.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
GRE prep so far. Will start sending applications in January. Hoping to use some help from this forum around December.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
For sure. You are more than welcome :)
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Good luck with your exam
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Are the school specific topics for MiM 2024 intake started on gmat club forum?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
My name is Riquetta Brown. I’m about to get my Master’s Degree in Accounting at the UNC Chapel Hill. I have a question. I’m really nervous about the graduate interview and I wanted to know what questions the interviewer asked you all? I want to be prepared for the interview so I can get accepted at the UNC Chapel Hill. Thank you.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
abhikap14 wrote:
Are the school specific topics for MiM 2024 intake started on gmat club forum?

I don’t think they have been created, yet. I will confirm and get back to you here.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Riquetta1988 wrote:
My name is Riquetta Brown. I’m about to get my Master’s Degree in Accounting at the UNC Chapel Hill. I have a question. I’m really nervous about the graduate interview and I wanted to know what questions the interviewer asked you all? I want to be prepared for the interview so I can get accepted at the UNC Chapel Hill. Thank you.

It’s almost always about your future goals and aspirations. There are a couple of YouTube videos you can look at. Good luck with your Interview. :)
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Thank you! 😊
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hey guys,
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I have a GMAT score of 740 and work ex of 1.5 years in a consulting firm as an analyst just wanted to check what are my chances for LBS MAM/INSEAD MIM and what all can I improve in profile
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Haven’t finished my essays How much do those matter
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Some some genuine good consultant from India for Mim please.. And 3-4 months of gap is fine after graduation? Bcoz I’m preparing for gmat now so both job and preparation would not be possible for me.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Suggest*
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
B181013ME wrote:
Haven’t finished my essays How much do those matter

it matters, so make sure you are putting your best foot forward. And you have a great profile, you should take your chances with both schools.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Good luck
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
12922 wrote:
Some some genuine good consultant from India for Mim please.. And 3-4 months of gap is fine after graduation? Bcoz I’m preparing for gmat now so both job and preparation would not be possible for me.

It’s completely fine. you don’t have to worry. most students take a year off, so you will be okay
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
yashikaaggarwal wrote:
it matters, so make sure you are putting your best foot forward. And you have a great profile, you should take your chances with both schools.

Thanks
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hello, I am 21 Female, Indian.
GMAT score- 600 (Q47, V26). no work ex. cgpa- 7.8. Economics background.
Please suggest me some safe good schools for MiM. I was thinking of Imperial, ESMT Berlin. I am also planning to with my current GMAT score of 600 and give it a shot. Also do universities let you apply again after getting rejected once for one academic year?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
anumehajain wrote:
Hello, I am 21 Female, Indian. GMAT score- 600 (Q47, V26). no work ex. cgpa- 7.8. Economics background. Please suggest me some safe good schools for MiM. I was thinking of Imperial, ESMT Berlin. I am also planning to with my current GMAT score of 600 and give it a shot. Also do universities let you apply again after getting rejected once for one academic year?

*Edited*
Hello, I am 21 Female, Indian.
GMAT score- 600 (Q47, V26). no work ex. cgpa- 7.8. Economics background.
Please suggest me some safe good schools for MiM. I was thinking of Imperial, ESMT Berlin. I am also planning to give GMAT again. But for now I want to apply with my current GMAT score of 600 and give it a shot. Also do universities let you apply again after getting rejected once for one academic year?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
lipii wrote:
*Edited* Hello, I am 21 Female, Indian. GMAT score- 600 (Q47, V26). no work ex. cgpa- 7.8. Economics background. Please suggest me some safe good schools for MiM. I was thinking of Imperial, ESMT Berlin. I am also planning to give GMAT again. But for now I want to apply with my current GMAT score of 600 and give it a shot. Also do universities let you apply again after getting rejected once for one academic year?

I think you should strongly consider taking the GMAT once more and focusing on verbal. You have a solid quant score, and that will greatly improve your chances
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Also, i won’t take Imperial as Safe School. I have had a classmate who got rejected with 730. So, Yes, you should give GMAT another try.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Anyone done with their Insead MiM Kira interview?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hey everyone,
I’m thinking to apply in R2 for most B Schools
M: 19 India
BBA GPA: 9.3, Didn’t write my GMAT but expecting 710-720
Still in my final year
Extracurriculars, all I have is I’m involved in 3 clubs, related to business, Volunteering for a year
Organized 2 fests in my uni
Did 4 internships: HR, Finance at Taj, Strategy and Market Research, doing a consulting internship at a startup based in UK
My uni ain’t bad but with a strong GPA, GMAT and somewhat related internships, is there any possibility to get into HEC, ESSEC or INSEAD?
I’m mostly into essec because of its apprenticeship and it will help me out a lot.
I’m more geared towards 2 year degrees and in France
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hey, you do have a decent profile. What I will suggest is to publish your detailed profile in Ask Consultant forum so that experts can share their opinions and answer your queries.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
rakshitkonchada wrote:
Hey everyone, I’m thinking to apply in R2 for most B Schools M: 19 India BBA GPA: 9.3, Didn’t write my GMAT but expecting 710-720 Still in my final year Extracurriculars, all I have is I’m involved in 3 clubs, related to business, Volunteering for a year Organized 2 fests in my uni Did 4 internships: HR, Finance at Taj, Strategy and Market Research, doing a consulting internship at a startup based in UK My uni ain’t bad but with a strong GPA, GMAT and somewhat related internships, is there any possibility to get into HEC, ESSEC or INSEAD? I’m mostly into essec because of its apprenticeship and it will help me out a lot. I’m more geared towards 2 year degrees and in France

Consider maybe SSE and Bocconi if you are into 2 year degrees. Both excellent choices in Europe
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Bocconi loves internationals and as such you will be favoured
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Thank you so much for your insights! I sure will check Bocconi
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hey everyone, I was wondering
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hey Everyone,
I am interested in pursuing pre-experience master’s right out of undergrad.
I was wondering what you would recommend me to improve my application for programs such as LSE Msc Finance, as I am in my penultimate year of undergrad. I would then have about 1 year to work on my application and apply your inputs/advice. My Profile:
20 Male, Canadian top 5 Business school
3,96 GPA, haven’t taken GMAT yet
summer Internships: 1) Wealth Management; 2) Private equity at pension fund
Looking at fall 2024 internships
Extracurriculars: President and founder of our school’s Finance Student Journal; Investment associate in private equity club; Management consulting club in my first year
I am just starting my penultimate year in University, so I am open to apply any recommendations you suggest I can add to my profile in the next year.
The schools I am interested in are LSE, Imperial, Oxford MFE to name a few. Feel free to suggest any other programs that I might be more competitive with.
Cheers!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Canada2025 wrote:
Hey Everyone, I am interested in pursuing pre-experience master’s right out of undergrad. I was wondering what you would recommend me to improve my application for programs such as LSE Msc Finance, as I am in my penultimate year of undergrad. I would then have about 1 year to work on my application and apply your inputs/advice. My Profile: 20 Male, Canadian top 5 Business school 3,96 GPA, haven’t taken GMAT yet summer Internships: 1) Wealth Management; 2) Private equity at pension fund Looking at fall 2024 internships Extracurriculars: President and founder of our school’s Finance Student Journal; Investment associate in private equity club; Management consulting club in my first year I am just starting my penultimate year in University, so I am open to apply any recommendations you suggest I can add to my profile in the next year. The schools I am interested in are LSE, Imperial, Oxford MFE to name a few. Feel free to suggest any other programs that I might be more competitive with. Cheers!

You have the academics down and the internships. Just get a good gmat and you are competitive
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hello. I am targeting top MiM programs. I have agmat score of 730 and IELTS 8.0. Does anyone know a good consultancy for MiM programs?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
ckeeerthi wrote:
Hello. I am targeting top MiM programs. I have agmat score of 730 and IELTS 8.0. Does anyone know a good consultancy for MiM programs?

You mainly need help with your essays and believe me no good consultant will write a diplomatic essay on your behalf. You gotta sort your first essay draft yourself, they will proofread and edit it a bit for you.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
So go ahead with the essay first, and ask your FAM to proofread it for you. If you are still unable to get a good result out of it. Maybe then you can go for a consultant.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hey, Guys
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I have combined the 2024 ranking list for top 35 schools in both QS and FT rankings and will pin it in the chat room here so that you can access it: https://gmatclub.com/forum/master-in-ma ... l#p3292537
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Good luck to whomever is looking forward to join B-school this or next year. I am sure you will enjoy your time there. :)
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
hi ! Is there anyone for the 2024 "ESSEC" intake on this group?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hey, I am sure there will be a couple. But to have them all in one place. You can start a sub-forum for 2024 Essec applicants.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Where could i find mock test for Focused GMAT mock test
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Where could i find mock test for Focused GMAT from prep providers?**
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I am unsure whether all test prep providers have a focused gmat mock
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
tanu11,
Extpert Global has launched 15 mocks for a price
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
LBS MiM and MFA deadlines are less than a month away! Who is applying?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I believe most of you will be busy with the application preparation, just in case you need any advise or insight. Do drop a message. We are here to help you all. :)
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi, got an interview invite from ESMT for 2024 intake yesterday. I am really nervous. What sort of questions should I expect?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
How was the interview?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
haven’t taken yet
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Can anyone share the "GMAT™ Focus Official Practice Questions Bundle"?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hey! Does anyone know how is the MSc in International Management program at ESADE? I have heard that the program is good but it is difficult for an international student to get a job after completion, is this true?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Raghav9906 wrote:
Hey! Does anyone know how is the MSc in International Management program at ESADE? I have heard that the program is good but it is difficult for an international student to get a job after completion, is this true?

hi,
ESADE is ranked quite well. However, as with any contenitial European programme, it is difficult for people who do not speak the local language to land a job in that country (Spain, in the case of ESADE). However, if you are willing to learn Spanish or perhaps go back to your home country, it should not be a bad choice.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Deadlines today for LBS! Who has applied?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi
Did anyone apply to ambs,Edinburgh and Leeds or Bristol for MIM?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
AMBS as in Allaince Manchester Business School
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
All schools are good. Not an attendee, but have heard good stuff.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hey guys! HEC round 2 deadlines are today
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Who has applied?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Is it too late to appy to round-3?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Astha21 wrote:
Is it too late to appy to round-3?

Astha21 - which school/ program are you referring to? If this is a generic question, it would depend on your overall profile (i.e. CV, GMAT/ GRE score, motivation etc.). As an international candidate, it’s advisable to apply early (i.e. R1/ R2), given that scholarships are also typically higher in those rounds.

Regards,
Arvind
Founder, admitStreet
W: https://admitstreet.com | LinkedIn | E: consultingteam@admitstreet.com
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Schools deadlines are different. Which school you are considering?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
guys I got a LBS mim interview invite w 650 gmat.. do u think I shud apply to insead mim in r3 n hold a chance?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
nish0204 wrote:
guys I got a LBS mim interview invite w 650 gmat.. do u think I shud apply to insead mim in r3 n hold a chance?

Congratulations! I would suggest you to ace that interview and secure your place!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
One of the main reasons why I’m applying to Masters programs is because I want to move out of my home country (it. Should I incorporate that in my personal statement or would it be prudent to stray away from the that?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
catsandpizza wrote:
One of the main reasons why I’m applying to Masters programs is because I want to move out of my home country (it. Should I incorporate that in my personal statement or would it be prudent to stray away from the that?

You should tie it in to the location of the programme, which also ties into your career goal
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
nish0204, Congratulations can you share a bit about your experience ? Are you a pre experience candidate?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi, Thankyou. I’m currently in my final year of bachelors in tech. I don’t have a full time exp but have done few internships.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
great good luck
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hey. Deciding between:
- UVA McIntire MiCommerce (with funding)
- Northwestern Kellogg MiM (w/o funding)
Any advice for ITL student trying to make the best career choice? Thanks.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin