Join group
New group
New private
Archived groups
go back
Rice (Jones) 1 members online out of 321
dots
Chat members
Is this the final round or will thére be 1:1 interview post this?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
1:1 interview known as community assesment
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Got it. Thank you!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Those who have recently done their KIRA assessment, please post your KIRA questions.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
My colleague just did a community assessment today with Rice (Applied R2) - The interviewer was a second-year student (Got the zoom invite 2 days before so were able to identify who and did some research to prep)

The interview was very conversational, 30 minutes, and standard questions - same with those that were posted on the interview debrief. Overall it is a good experience.

Next step, she’s visiting rice for Women Leadership Weekend
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Thank you ChristopherZheng for letting us know about the community assessment experience. If any others have done it, please post your experience too.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Can any of the R1 admits or R2 applicants who have already sat for their interview please post interview debriefs?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I just completed my Kira Assessment
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Here are my questions
1.Proof of Identity
2.How do you prepare to handle the work load from undergrad to grad school?
3.Tell me a time where you believe you have to do the right thing. Even though it is a challenging decision to make.
4.How would you operate in a situation where you have many difficult examinations within a short period?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Anyone done with Community assessment? Can you pl share the experience
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Is community assessment sent to all who have completed the Kira assessment or is it based on invite?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
It is invitation only
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
For show your id question, we need to keep our id handy?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
and we just need to say our name in 1 minute?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Show your id and say your name..end of video. Hardly takes 5 seconds.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
After completion of Kira, after how much time the community assessment invite is sent?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
generally four days, can take sometimes longer as well.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
whats community assessment? what are the steps after Kira?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
there were 3 minutes to show ID and say your name
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Just done with my VA. But felt super nervous :(
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
still nothing after kira. anyone in the similar spot?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Yes. Gave Kira on the 26th
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
yep!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Yes gave on 22nd
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
As per the round 1 results, not all people who received the KIRA invite received the community assessment invite. I received my community assessment invite 9 days after my Kira interview.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
PyjamaScientist wrote:
As per the round 1 results, not all people who received the KIRA invite received the community assessment invite. I received my community assessment invite 9 days after my Kira interview.

Did you do any engagement with Adcom ?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
For what?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
During the waiting time from kira to community invite
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I finished my Kira assesment yesterday 01/29. I felt lucky that most of the question were in the Kira debrief

Prep: You can practice as much as you want with 3 questions, but the time is different 10 secs prep and around 50 secs to answer

Questions: 20 secs for prep + 1,5 min to answer

1. Show me your ID
2. How do you prepare to handle the work load from undergrad to grad school
3. Tell us about a time when you had to deal with an unethical situation at work and how did you confront it?
4. Imagine a situation wherein you completed an internship but were not offered a full-time offer, even though you felt you deserved it. How would you deal with this situation?

Thanks to Nihil and the ones post their Kira assesment questions! Now I’m very hopeful waiting for the community assesment.

Good luck in the process to everyone!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
My community assessment will be with a 2Y.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Congratulations
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
When did you take the VA?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
its been a week since i finish my kira. no community assessment. any hope?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Does everyone who completes VA gets community assessment?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Krishnak13 wrote:
Does everyone who completes VA gets community assessment?

Apparently not, same dilemma for everyone here 😂
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Everyone here got VA?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Both VA and interviews are invite based - they shortlist further after the VA
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hey all - broad question but is it worth applying to Jones R3? I am not an international candidate but wanted to see if it’s worth applying
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Yes. They wouldn’t have the round if they didn’t accept people. The number of applicants is low this year. Take a shot!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Finished my community assessment yesterday. It was with a second-year student and was very conversational. All questions asked were pretty standard and the interview lasted for 30 mins.
Will post an interview debrief soon. Feel free to reach out in case anyone has any specific questions! Good luck!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
When did you complete your VA?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Krishnak13 wrote:
When did you complete your VA?

Completed my VA on 16th Jan and received the community assessment invite on 21st Jan
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Got it. Thanks for sharing
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Anyone got community interview resently? I completed my VA on 1/29.

Posted from my mobile device
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
did va on 16th still no community assessement here
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I completed it on 1/28, no community interview invite yet.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Same here I completed on 1/29 and no update. Perhaps they will send out invites in batches...
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Does anyone know when after your community assessment you’ll receive a decision? It says online you’ll find out rolling Mach 15th. Does this mean we could find out prior to the 15th or the 15 and later? Just wondering if anyone receive any info from their interviewer? Thanks!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Same..
I completed it on 1/28 and no community interview invite
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Based on my R1, I can tell that community assessment can take around 7 days. Few applicants did not get the CA invite. They were waitlisted eventually. Now about the results, whatever date is mentioned (say March 15), the school will start sending mails to the ones who are accepted and this happens for 2 days. So, if you did not receive an admit email by March 16, you would be waitlisted (for which you will get the email around March 23)
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
kiran1718 wrote:
Here are my questions 1. Proof of Identity 2. How do you prepare to handle the work load from undergrad to grad school? 3. Tell me a time where you believe you have to do the right thing. Even though it is a challenging decision to make. 4. How would you operate in a situation where you have many difficult examinations within a short period?

Thank you kiran1718, I have updated the KIRA questions list https://gmatclub.com/forum/rice-jones-k ... l#p3139990
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Krishnak13 wrote:
Just done with my VA. But felt super nervous :(

Krishnak13

Can you tell us the questions you got?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Those who have completed the KIRA assessment, please post your questions :) I am making a list of all the KIRA questions for Rice.https://gmatclub.com/forum/rice-jones-k ... l#p3139990
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
1. Show your photo ID
2. Why Rice?
3. Instance where you learnt from other cultures
4. How did you handle difficult employees at work
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
GauravKolhekar wrote:
Based on my R1, I can tell that community assessment can take around 7 days. Few applicants did not get the CA invite. They were waitlisted eventually. Now about the results, whatever date is mentioned (say March 15), the school will start sending mails to the ones who are accepted and this happens for 2 days. So, if you did not receive an admit email by March 16, you would be waitlisted (for which you will get the email around March 23)

This is scary. I gave my VA on 30th but haven’t got any confirmation so far
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Krishnak13 wrote:
1. Show your photo ID 2. Why Rice? 3. Instance where you learnt from other cultures 4. How did you handle difficult employees at work

Thank you :thumbsup:
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Krishnak13 wrote:
1. Show your photo ID 2. Why Rice? 3. Instance where you learnt from other cultures 4. How did you handle difficult employees at work

Thank you :thumbsup:
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
No worries Nikhil. Thanks for coordinating with all of us and helping the community.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
There are no interview debriefs from this years R1 and R2. Can people who have interviewed help with this?

Last year interview debrief has fixed set of questions. Are they the same this time around?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Mbagoal123 wrote:
There are no interview debriefs from this years R1 and R2. Can people who have interviewed help with this? Last year interview debrief has fixed set of questions. Are they the same this time around?

Great point. We don’t have any recent Rice Jones interview experiences. If you have interviewed for this year’s application cycle, please post your interview experience :)
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Nikhil wrote:
Mbagoal123 wrote:
There are no interview debriefs from this years R1 and R2. Can people who have interviewed help with this? Last year interview debrief has fixed set of questions. Are they the same this time around?

Great point. We don’t have any recent Rice Jones interview experiences. If you have interviewed for this year’s application cycle, please post your interview experience :)

Sure, my interview is in the next few days. Will surely post a debrief post that
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Sounds good. Thank you.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I gave my KIRA assessment on the 26th of January. Haven’t received any notification regarding the community assessment.

Profile:- Gmat 680, B.E Civil- 8.25/10, M.Tech Civil - 9.64/10, 3 years work ex with startups.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Nikhil wrote:

Just standard questions:
Why MBA? Why Jones? TMAT when you resolved a conflict. TMAT a time when you lead a team. How would you contribute to the community?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I gave my kira assessment two weeks ago for round 2. I have not yet received interview call. Are there still chances?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
mayuresh0307 wrote:
I gave my KIRA assessment on the 26th of January. Haven’t received any notification regarding the community assessment.

Profile:- Gmat 680, B.E Civil- 8.25/10, M.Tech Civil - 9.64/10, 3 years work ex with startups.

Hopefully we will hear back this week.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Judging from the volume of people on this forum who didn’t receive an interview invite, I think they may send out the interview invites soon in batches.

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I received the invitation of community assessment just one day after submitting the VA, I dont think they really care about VA.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi when will rice jones start rolling out admission decisions for round 2 ?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
anupambhoi wrote:
Hi when will rice jones start rolling out admission decisions for round 2 ?

3/15 per the website.

https://business.rice.edu/mba-admissions/guide
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
So is that the last date for decisions or will decisions start getting rolled out starting this date ?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
just did the community assessment
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
HammerLau wrote:
I received the invitation of community assessment just one day after submitting the VA, I dont think they really care about VA.

That’s what I have been hearing that the VA doesn’t really matter. But weird that they are taking this long to send out the community assessment invites.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
anupambhoi wrote:
So is that the last date for decisions or will decisions start getting rolled out starting this date ?

Decisions will start to be delivered on 3/15. Usually they take 2 days to release all the decisions.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
anupambhoi wrote:

anupambhoi

Rolling decisions will start from March 15th.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
anonymous022222 wrote:
just did the community assessment

Can you tell us your experience with the community assessment?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Same Qs as the debrief posted. However, 1 question to add (that honestly made me a little uneasy): "what’s your alternative plan if MBA doesn’t work out?" (not just short term alternative plan, but the degree altogether itself). Did anyone get asked this question before?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Everything else - the interviewer was informative and conversational. I gave it a good shot. Fingers Crossed - Rice is Imp. to me.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
He was also kind. That 1 Q itself... I think would make anyone applying to the degree a little anxious.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
anonymous022222, Would you be comfortable sharing how you responded to that question?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Nikhil wrote:
anonymous022222, Would you be comfortable sharing how you responded to that question?

I can’t without giving personal details. Apologies Nikhil.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I understand. No problem :)
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I just got the community assessment invitation
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Congrats, are you from India?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Thanks! No, I’m from Chile
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Got the community assessment invite just now. Submitted my Kira on 28th.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hey, are you from India?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Congratulations
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Yes, from India
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Don’t loose hope guyz, video assessment links are still coming.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Thanks!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Thanks man. Hope I get it too
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Are all those VA links for R2 app? Or they started inviting R3?

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Is there anyone here from India waiting for community assessment or is it me alone?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I got the invite a few minutes back
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I am from India
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I am waiting too
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
kiran1718 wrote:
I am waiting too

Hi ! You’ve mentioned S next to schools in your bio . What does that mean ?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Gave the VA on 28th , still waiting for the community assessment invite
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin