GMAT Quantitative Chat

GMAT Data Insight Chat

MBA Chat

go back
Scheller Georgia Tech 0 members online out of 104
dots
Forum discussion
Chat members
Did anyone hear from the Admission committee yet?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
karthik97 wrote:
Did anyone hear from the Admission committee yet?

i just an update on my status, i am scared to check th eportal though
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
has anyone else gotten an update?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Guess it didn’t go as great as I thought... Good luck to everyone else! I did get accepted elsewhere though so no worries.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
DINGED!!!... They shouldnt have bothered to interview me :dontknow: .... i dont feel too bad though. hmmn... I wish every other person the very best!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
my interviewer even told me i was a great fit for the school :lol: :lol: ... Lordddddd have mercy :lol:
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Dinged! I am surprised. This was completely unexpected!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Madhuriii wrote:
DINGED!!!... They shouldnt have bothered to interview me :dontknow: .... i dont feel too bad though. hmmn... I wish every other person the very best!

Is it due to GRE? But, like you said, they shouldn’t had bothered to invite for an interview. What it might be :/
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Sorry about the dinges though. I hope y’all get in better schools.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Dinged as well... Unexpected. I thought my interview went well. Ah well :lol:
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Received invite to interview a couple weeks ago. I was on waitlist from round 2. Had to decline due to accpeting elsewhere.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Bad idea. You could have been offered a big scholarship.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I just got dinged after hopefully waiting for several months. 💔 Surprised to see little activity happening on the thread though.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Anyone with an admit at Scheller with GRE <=320 ? Any hope in applying to Scheller in R4 from India?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hey all, my score is 690. Is this score good enough for Scheller?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Can anyone please reply?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
How do we apply for the application fee waiver if we have attended an online info session that promised the waiver?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
International applicants must submit all required application materials prior to requesting a fee waiver. This includes satisfying our English proficiency requirement and meeting all of the graduate program’s minimum admission requirements. Incomplete applications will be denied an application fee waiver without consideration.

You can write mail seeking fee waiver
mbateam@scheller.gatech.edu After you submit English proficiency requirements in the application portal

Posted from my mobile device
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Okay got it. Thank you.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
AkshadaS wrote:
Okay got it. Thank you.

hey if u dont mind me asking, which event did u attend to that waiver?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
get*
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
It was a a full time Mba info webinar
They usually have one every month and they write in the event description if the event qualifies for a waiver
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Anyone got a interview invite today?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
prakhar2905 wrote:
Anyone got a interview invite today?

i did
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I also got invite :)
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hello everyone, is the English language proficiency requirement still needed if the medium of instruction was English? I am from India and I don’t plan on taking any English tests.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
For schellar yes
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
And for most of the ucs too
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
prakhar2905 wrote:
And for most of the ucs too

UCS meaning?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
University of California
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Various campuses
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
akshayagg691 wrote:
I also got invite :)

Can you please share your profile?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Congrats!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
hey guys, anyone done with their interview? can u please share your experience and questions asked?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
jpr2 wrote:
hey guys, anyone done with their interview? can u please share your experience and questions asked?

I did my interview on Thursday. Format was virtual with an admissions officer and a 2nd year student sort of taking turns asking questions. It was a mix of get to know you type questions and behavioral type questions where they asked some things like: a time when I gave a presentation and how it went; something I’m most proud of; what I’ve done/I do to support diversity and inclusion within my organization, etc... I felt very comfortable throughout as they did an excellent job of making it feel like a dialogue and not just a sequence of questions I had to answer. I asked the 2nd year student how they decided to attend Scheller when they were applying to schools and they gave a very candid answer that I really appreciated.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
To those who have received interview invites, can you share your GMAT and background?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
belagavi wrote:
To those who have received interview invites, can you share your GMAT and background?

My GMAT was 730, I’m a Canadian military officer with 10 years of post undergrad work experience. Engineering undergrad with a 3.22 GPA.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
belagavi wrote:

gre 325, female, 5.5 yrs exp in tech and international
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Thanks for the info joshua and jpr.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Got the call last night that I’ve been accepted. Should receive an email today with more details and if there are any scholarships.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
International applicant?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
joshuaT wrote:
Got the call last night that I’ve been accepted. Should receive an email today with more details and if there are any scholarships.

Congrats. You have a great profile.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Did you guys get any decision emails last Friday?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
No decision email for me yet
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Any Indian who has received the acceptance email?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Got rejection mail today after a good interview :(
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi guys can you help me in deciding whether to apply for Scheller in round 2 or not? Here is my profile

B.Tech from IIT
10th - 94%
12th - 87%
GPA -7.15/10
GRE - 324
Work Experience - 65 months
Profile - Above average
Industry Targeted - Finance / Product in Finance
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
prash1nt97 wrote:
Any Indian who has received the acceptance email?

Hey, congratulations!! I received the admit as well.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi Everyone,

Need some suggestion on my MBA application.

Post MBA goal - Explore either consulting (preferably MBB) or supply chain industry role post MBA. I have 7 years of experience working with Gartner, Deloitte and EY (supply chain consulting).

Question - I have accepted Scheller’s offer in R1 (full GRA) as it has a great supply chain program and does fine in consulting. However, I am applying to Emory in R2 as it does better placements in consulting, is a higher ranked institute. I’m slightly on the edge with this application though. Based on what I’ve heard so far, beyond top 7 the onus is on the candidate to secure placement and so there’s not much difference between what a rank 17 or a rank 20 institute can offer and Emory would probably not offer full scholarship. Should I still be exploring this option?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Vedikapk wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Need some suggestion on my MBA application.

Post MBA goal - Explore either consulting (preferably MBB) or supply chain industry role post MBA. I have 7 years of experience working with Gartner, Deloitte and EY (supply chain consulting).

Question - I have accepted Scheller’s offer in R1 (full GRA) as it has a great supply chain program and does fine in consulting. However, I am applying to Emory in R2 as it does better placements in consulting, is a higher ranked institute. I’m slightly on the edge with this application though. Based on what I’ve heard so far, beyond top 7 the onus is on the candidate to secure placement and so there’s not much difference between what a rank 17 or a rank 20 institute can offer and Emory would probably not offer full scholarship. Should I still be exploring this option?

Understand the difference in career outcomes of different business schools in the following way-

1. MBB target institutions list (Each company has released some in past three years)

2. Demographic recruitment - Understand from students how many people from similar demographic (Not industry wise, personal Bio wise) have been recruited into those

3. Cost of attendance - Full tuition is more enticing than a lower scholarship (Yes) but in assessing your odds of placement into these companies assess how exactly is the opportunity cost associated with risk factors.

Whatever works for you! But, I usually recommend my clients (in one of our services we call - Aftermath to understand multiple avenues of options for careers and which external options people can use. Because business schools can only take you so far.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
hi guys - as an Indian is it required to have IELTS or TOEFL scores? no other way to go about this?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Trent981 wrote:
hi guys - as an Indian is it required to have IELTS or TOEFL scores? no other way to go about this?

Yes you need to have them. No way around it unfortunately.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
should I write to them that currently my score is expired and thus I need time to retake and submit these?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hey guys,
I’d like to confirm whether it’s mandatory to submit official scores to Scheller before receiving an admission decision. Is self-reporting scores on the portal sufficient, or are official scores required? Can someone please confirm this information?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Sharing official test scores is mandatory for every college. However you can do with sharing unofficial academic transcripts
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Has anyone received an invite for round 2?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
checklist shows english proficiency awaited even after submitting unofficial score card with the application. it feels like it is mandatory to send official scorecard. can anyone confirm?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Yes it’s mandatory to send official English proficiency test scores as well
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Anyone got R2 interview invites
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I received it today.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Those who got it. When did you apply?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
did anyone get a rejection letter already?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Trent981 wrote:

I did. Applied in R2.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
yeah same here
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
a bit sad, but confused as hell
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Trent981 wrote:

I got on right now too,
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
are they rejecting every indian/chinese ?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Trent981 wrote:
yeah same here

a bit sad, but confused as hell

Same here! I have GMAT Score of 690. I thought I would at least be invited for interview call.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I got the rejection now. All the best guys !!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
yeah I have a 720 and still got rejected.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Trent981 wrote:

Trent981 Hey i saw a older post of you regarding English Proficiency Test. I also had the same issue but my score was expiring before the start of the program but at the time of submitting the application it was valid. i got an email couple of days ago regarding my English proficiency test. I wrote them back requesting for making an exception. And i did get a mail that they will start the initial review of application.

Do think is this reason for the rejection? What about others who received rejection today? Did you guys submit a valid IELTS/TOEFL score?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Trent981 wrote:

Got one too
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
ifyouknowyouknow wrote:
Trent981 Hey i saw a older post of you regarding English Proficiency Test. I also had the same issue but my score was expiring before the start of the program but at the time of submitting the application it was valid. i got an email couple of days ago regarding my English proficiency test. I wrote them back requesting for making an exception. And i did get a mail that they will start the initial review of application. Do think is this reason for the rejection? What about others who received rejection today? Did you guys submit a valid IELTS/TOEFL score?

Even I had the same experience.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Got rejected too.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I guess they are only taking indians with very high gmats 😂

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I got invited. Submitted a gre. A friend with a higher gre score was rejected too. I guess it’s just random 🤷🏻‍♀️
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
people with Duke, Cornell, Darden. Booth, Kellogg admits have been rejected - soo....they’re eliminating both the high qualified as well as the low qualified candidates
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
rsgsmall wrote:
I guess they are only taking indians with very high gmats 😂 Posted from my mobile device

haha - nice one :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Trent981 wrote:
people with Duke, Cornell, Darden. Booth, Kellogg admits have been rejected - soo....they’re eliminating both the high qualified as well as the low qualified candidates

:dazed this is so funny. who do they want then :facepalm_man:
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
bite5436 wrote:
Trent981 wrote:

:dazed this is so funny. who do they want then :facepalm_man:

They want the truly middle of the pack :upsidedown . I guess people who won’t use them to negotiate scholarships with others :lol:
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Trent981 wrote:

That’s shocking! Can you tell a little about your background?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Vedikapk wrote:

Consulting manager at big 5, run my own NGO, run a family business, event manager for mega big events (2-3 lakh footfall)
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Trent981 wrote:
Vedikapk wrote:

Consulting manager at big 5, run my own NGO, run a family business, event manager for mega big events (2-3 lakh footfall)

Wow.. don’t know how they didn’t. Your stats are amazing man :please:
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Trent981 wrote:
Vedikapk wrote:

Oh, you seem to have a well-rounded profile. I’m sure you will get through even better colleges. Good luck!

I received an admit from Scheller in R1 and based on the incoming students group that I’m added in, they have already selected ~45 students, which is more than 50% of the class size. So maybe that’s the reason for the rejection... spots are a lot less.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Vedikapk wrote:
Oh, you seem to have a well-rounded profile. I’m sure you will get through even better colleges. Good luck! I received an admit from Scheller in R1 and based on the incoming students group that I’m added in, they have already selected ~45 students, which is more than 50% of the class size. So maybe that’s the reason for the rejection... spots are a lot less.

Hi @vedikapk, would you mind sharing your interview experience?
Has anyone been invited to an interview on February 21-26th?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
fighter27 wrote:
Hi @vedikapk, would you mind sharing your interview experience? Has anyone been invited to an interview on February 21-26th?

Yes
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
iipshitaaaa wrote:
fighter27 wrote:
Hi @vedikapk, would you mind sharing your interview experience? Has anyone been invited to an interview on February 21-26th?

Yes

­Sure, so I was interviewed by a MBA recruiting manager and a current student. The conversation went on for an hour and below are the questions they coverered (as much as I can recall now):

1. Why MBA? Why Scheller?
2. What is your management style?
3. How do you plan to contribute to your class?
4. What have you done to bring in inclusivity?
5. A presentation you gave in the past and what was the feedback?
6. What do you look for in a teammate?
7. What do you know about H1B? How do you plan to overcome the roadblocks to secure placement?
8. Questions from me

Hope this helps!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi, anybody willing to share their R2 interview debrief?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
iipshitaaaaaa wrote:
Hi, anybody willing to share their R2 interview debrief?

I was interviewed by an adcom member and a second year student. Interview went on for about 40 mins including the three questions I asked. It was conversational although they were peppering me with questions.

1. Started with an intro. They asked to not mention my work experience details as they had already gone through my resume and essays

2. Why Scheller? Why now?

3. You will be added to a team right away. How would you contribute to the group assignments and projects?

4. Talk about a time when you gave a presentation. Provide some context and how it went.

5. Getting visa sponsorship is tough. What would you do to position yourself to secure a sponsorship from your company.

6. How would your colleagues/peers describe you?

7. What do you look for in a teammate?

8. How would you contribute to the class and to the community?

9. Any question you wish you were asked?

10. I was given time to ask questions which they responded to very warmly.

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Did scheller start rolling out offers yet?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Still awaiting results from Scheller on my end.

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Got the acceptance call from Scheller. Details wrt scholarships and assistantships are still being determined from what the caller told me. Should get those details in the acceptance package.

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Waitlisted, anyone on the same boat?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
fighter27 wrote:
Waitlisted, anyone on the same boat?

Waitlisted as well.

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I haven’t got any communication yet. No mail, or update on the portal. Any else in the same position?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi everyone

Is TOEFL an absolute requirement during submitting the application?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
BodhiChatterjee wrote:
Hi everyone Is TOEFL an absolute requirement during submitting the application?

Yes, submitting english official test score is required
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Is there any https://gmatclub.com/chat group for admitted Indian applicants?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
­Got an interrview invite. :) Excited
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Kayoo wrote:
­Got an interrview invite. :) Excited

Congratulations, what’s your profile?