GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 14 Dec 2018, 18:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • Typical Day of a UCLA MBA Student - Recording of Webinar with UCLA Adcom and Student

December 14, 2018

December 14, 2018

10:00 PM PST

11:00 PM PST

Carolyn and Brett - nicely explained what is the typical day of a UCLA student. I am posting below recording of the webinar for those who could't attend this session.
  • Free GMAT Strategy Webinar

December 15, 2018

December 15, 2018

07:00 AM PST

09:00 AM PST

Aiming to score 760+? Attend this FREE session to learn how to Define your GMAT Strategy, Create your Study Plan and Master the Core Skills to excel on the GMAT.

MGMAT Quant Difficulty

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
MGMAT Quant Difficulty  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Jan 2016, 13:08
Hello All,

I have a question about MGMAT's quant section. I have taken 4 CAT's my quant scores have steadily improved from Q40 to Q47. I feel like i have a much better grasp of quant then when i started, i have put a lot of study time in. My question is how reflective is the MGMAT quant score to the actual GMAT quant section. I know MGMAT is "harder" just trying to get peoples opinion on how much harder. The last CAT i took i got Q47, the test had 25 - 700-800 level questions, from what i understand this is not indicative of the actual test.

I understand there isn't a concrete answer to the question. Just looking for some insight.

Thank You.

--== Message from the GMAT Club Team ==--

THERE IS LIKELY A BETTER DISCUSSION OF THIS EXACT QUESTION.
This discussion does not meet community quality standards. It has been retired.

If you would like to discuss this question please re-post it in the respective forum. Thank you!

To review the GMAT Club's Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow these links: Quantitative | Verbal Please note - we may remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines. Thank you.
EMPOWERgmat Instructor
V
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Re: MGMAT Quant Difficulty  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Jan 2016, 18:24
Hi Asemonick,

Have you taken any of the GMAC CATs yet? If you have, then how did you score (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores)?

Since the Official Scoring Algorithm is proprietary, no GMAT company has an exact match for it, thus CAT scores can vary a bit based on the 'biases' involved in their respective designs. That having been said, the MGMAT CATs will provide a reasonable assessment of your abilities IF you use the CATs correctly.

1) Are you still finishing sections early when you take your CATs?
2) Have you set an Official Test Date yet?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

760+: Learn What GMAT Assassins Do to Score at the Highest Levels
Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com

Rich Cohen

Co-Founder & GMAT Assassin

Special Offer: Save $75 + GMAT Club Tests Free
  Official GMAT Exam Packs + 70 Pt. Improvement Guarantee
www.empowergmat.com/

*****Select EMPOWERgmat Courses now include ALL 6 Official GMAC CATs!*****

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 23 Jan 2016, 18:44
Rich,

thank you for yet another quick response. Gmat club is such a great resource. Ive gotten much better with time management, but still room to improve, this has helped to eliminated some of the "dumb" mistakes. Just trying to see how this score stacks up, seemed like an abundance of tough questions during mgmat quant tests. Plan on taking a gmat prep CAT tomorrow to compare. I still haven't scheduled a test, it is something i really need to do. My work schedule has been a bit crazy lately. I have a few business trips coming up which is making it difficult to commit to a date.
EMPOWERgmat Instructor
V
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170

Show Tags

New post 23 Jan 2016, 18:55
Hi Asemonick,

Many Test Takers would agree that the Quant section of the MGMAT CATs is a bit tougher than what you'll see on the Official GMAT, but you shouldn't become too obsessed with how a GMAT company "ranks" its own questions. Your ultimate goal on Test Day is to maximize your performance (and that requires that you minimize the silly/little mistakes) - when reviewing ANY CAT result, one of the things to focus on are the questions that you COULD/SHOULD have gotten correct, but didn't. Those missed questions could represent some serious points IF you make too many little mistakes on the Official GMAT.

Given what you've described about your work schedule, it's possible that you'll 'find reasons' to push back your planned Test Date again and again. By selecting a future Test Date, and locking in that Exam, you'll add a level of responsibility to this process that might currently be lacking.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

760+: Learn What GMAT Assassins Do to Score at the Highest Levels
Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com

Rich Cohen

Co-Founder & GMAT Assassin

Special Offer: Save $75 + GMAT Club Tests Free
  Official GMAT Exam Packs + 70 Pt. Improvement Guarantee
www.empowergmat.com/

*****Select EMPOWERgmat Courses now include ALL 6 Official GMAC CATs!*****

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 24 Jan 2016, 13:58
A quick update from yesterday. I took Gmat prep CAT and got Q49. Still some silly mistakes to clean up but Q50 or 51 doesn't seem impossible anymore. The biggest difference between GMAT Prep and MGMAT is the amount of difficult questions. GMAT prep has just as difficult of questions just not the same amount. Officially time to focus on Verbal.

--== Message from the GMAT Club Team ==--

THERE IS LIKELY A BETTER DISCUSSION OF THIS EXACT QUESTION.
This discussion does not meet community quality standards. It has been retired.

If you would like to discuss this question please re-post it in the respective forum. Thank you!

To review the GMAT Club's Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow these links: Quantitative | Verbal Please note - we may remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines. Thank you.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: MGMAT Quant Difficulty &nbs [#permalink] 24 Jan 2016, 13:58

MGMAT Quant Difficulty

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: chetan2u, Gladiator59

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap