GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 18 Feb 2020, 14:02

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

MGSM MBA

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
Schools: Alberta'18 (A)
MGSM MBA  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Feb 2016, 11:23
Hi,

I look forward to applying to MGSM which is Australia's No.1 MBA institute. However, I need a few clarifications regarding the placement scenario post-MBA. I have heard that one needs to have a PR to land up with a good job after completing MBA. Kindly suggest if it's worth doing an MBA from MGSM,which is better ranked than other Canadian B-schools. I want to pursue my MBA from either Canada or Australia.

Thanks!
SVP
SVP
V
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Schools: Erasmus '21 (M$)
Reviews Badge
Re: MGSM MBA  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Feb 2016, 14:42
Hi,

As far as I know from my friends that economy of Australia confronts sever difficulties that make it makes hard for international students to get jobs. Besides, I heard the Australian authorities make it hard to get work permit but I do not exactly the requirements. You need to consult someone, contact the MGSM directly or review visa regulation after graduation. check the following link

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/485-

You do not need to take the ranking in that way. Ranking is for guidance. They have certain metrics that may make university higher than one. You need to search the best within the same country where you target ending up living and working. The international recognition is different for region to another. You maybe graduate from best school in Australia but it can't get you to any another pace except Australia. The same works for Canada. So if you target Canada, I advise you to search within Canada. You can search in our forum here about students who applied to Canadian schools. In FT 2016, there are 3 Canadian schools vs 3 Australian.

Good luck
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: MGSM MBA  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Feb 2016, 15:15
From my experience the key I. Australia is a permanent residency and how to get it. Many folks have been burned by this issue in the past. Make sure you have a solid plan to address the work permit and definitely connect with a student who is in the same situation and get their take on it.

Congrats on your admit.
Re: MGSM MBA   [#permalink] 22 Feb 2016, 15:15

MGSM MBA

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: billionaire, teleste