It is currently 20 Aug 2017, 10:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Microsoft ‑ Surface 4 sufficient for MBA classes?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Concentration: Finance
GPA: 3.8
Microsoft ‑ Surface 4 sufficient for MBA classes? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2016, 17:58
I am focused on Finance and will be on Excel a lot. The Microsoft Surface 4 looks portable, easy to use, and if I buy the keyboard, functions like a regular laptop. I don't need a ton of features or memory (I rarely use my old laptop today). Am I missing anything?

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q44 V44
GPA: 3.22
WE: Engineering (Consulting)
Re: Microsoft ‑ Surface 4 sufficient for MBA classes? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 May 2016, 10:32
Thegreek2808 wrote:
I am focused on Finance and will be on Excel a lot. The Microsoft Surface 4 looks portable, easy to use, and if I buy the keyboard, functions like a regular laptop. I don't need a ton of features or memory (I rarely use my old laptop today). Am I missing anything?

I think the Surface 4 is a great option if you are willing to sacrifice comfort when using it as a laptop, ie. on your lap. I would be sure to get the i5 and 8 GB of ram minimum. And that is not necessarily for business school. Just don't buy a computer in 2016 with less than 8 GB. The pro 4 with 256 GB ssd and 8 GB of RAM is $1200 at both best buy and the Microsoft store, and if you get the student discount at Best buy, brings it down to $1100.

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
S

Kudos [?]: 219 [0], given: 0

Re: Microsoft ‑ Surface 4 sufficient for MBA classes? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 May 2016, 21:10
You can certainly survive with a surface, many of my classmates (including me) were using mini computers during my MBA and it worked just fine. Not as comfortable but certainly doable. The Surface is way more powerful than the mini books were so you should be fine

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Kudos [?]: 219 [0], given: 0

Re: Microsoft ‑ Surface 4 sufficient for MBA classes?   [#permalink] 23 May 2016, 21:10