GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 04 Aug 2020, 18:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Most of the country’s biggest daily newspapers had lower circulation

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Manager
Manager
B
Status: The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary
GPA: 3.95
WE: Accounting (Insurance)
Re: Most of the country’s biggest daily newspapers had lower circulation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Jul 2020, 00:41
ajit_223 wrote:
D- Is wrong because when comparison term - "circulation in the six months from October 1995 through March 1996" comes after comparison verb - "had" then noun copies - that/those are not required.

Similar example:
- Wild animals have less total fat than livestock animals. "total fat" comes after "have"
- According to X, more babies were born to women over 30 years of age than under 30 years of age. "women over 30 years of age" comes after "were"

Thank you for your tip!

Which are the comparison verbs that you mention? Only "to be" and "to have"?
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Most of the country’s biggest daily newspapers had lower circulation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Jul 2020, 23:02
abhimahna wrote:
bpiyush wrote:
Experts please help me with this. Why option D is wrong and C correct? Does that not refer to lower circulation?

Hi bpiyush ,

Try to replace 'that' with lower circulation and read the sentence again.

It will be like :

Most of the country’s biggest daily newspapers had lower circulation in the six months from October 1995 through March 1996 than lower circulation in a similar period a year earlier.

Are you comparing two lower circulations?? Or are you saying circulation in one period was lower than in another period?

Try to read the sentence I have written slowly, you will be able to see what I am trying to convey.

Does that make sense?

waah!

Are you comparing two lower circulations?? Or are you saying circulation in one period was lower than in another period? - This is absolutely a gem sentence
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Most of the country’s biggest daily newspapers had lower circulation   [#permalink] 15 Jul 2020, 23:02

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   [ 42 posts ] 

Most of the country’s biggest daily newspapers had lower circulation

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics